Forum Name: Skin Care
Forum Description: Smooth techniques for beautiful & healthy skin
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=49085
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 4:48am

Topic: Oil-free or Non-comogenic?
Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Subject: Oil-free or Non-comogenic?
Date Posted: December 14 2006 at 12:14pm
Hi. I have combination skin that suffers from an occasional breakout. I;ve been searching for a facial moisturizer with SPF that also has a subtle self-tanner quality. The problem is that the only oil-free lotions with the sublte self-tanner do not contain an SPF. On the other hand, I have not been able to find an oil free lotion that has both SPF & a self-tanner. My daily moisturizer is Aveeno & I also like the Jergen's self-tanner.

I've been looking at the Oil of Olay face lotion w/ subtle self-tanner. It has SPF, but it is Non-comogenic as opposed to oil free. Which is better?

Replies:
Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: December 16 2006 at 12:11pm
i think both the terms basically mean the same thing check the ingredients and see if you find any oil containing chemicals. I like oil of olay its a fairly good product.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: Sharyg11
Date Posted: December 20 2006 at 10:11am

Yeah, it basically means the same. Non-comogenic means it has no ingredients that will clog your pores or make you break out.

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: December 26 2006 at 8:54am
Thanks!

I always assumed there was a difference between the two terms; that while the term non-comogenic means that the product does not clog pores, it does not necessarily mean that the product is oil free unless it specifically states so. Regardless, I went ahead an purchased the Oil of Olay product last week and so far so good!

Print Page | Close Window