Print Page | Close Window

funny story

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=49560
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 2:34am

Topic: funny story
Posted By: letmecount123
Subject: funny story
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 2:10am
Hey everybody! Haven't been around much. Busy with school. Had my bi-annual trim in December and had to get a few layers put in the front of my hair due to an incompetent hairdresser at my other bi-annual in August.

I have a funny story though! I did a wash and straighten this morning, which leaves me with a very nice, long, shiny length... (I think I'm still around 31" or something along those lines).

I started talking a speech course today and during our on-the-spot speeches the course leader asked me to talk about my hair and my hair care regimen, because it's so long and apparently his wife has problems combing out their daughter's hair.

I thought it was pretty funny. I was supposed to talk 1-2 minutes about my topic and definitely got to 1:42 before I stopped! Pretty crazy.

So, still around, hair is still long and getting the attention it deserves. And I got to talk about it today! Craziness.

Replies:
Posted By: Kitty Kat
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 10:50am
What a compliment to you!

Posted By: whhoiskad
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 1:00pm
What a show stopper!

Keep up the good work :)

-------------
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 6:14pm
Hi Holly, welcome back!  I know about craziness... I was MIA for awhile recently. Unhappy

Wow, what a relief that the course leader asked you to give an impromptu presentation about your hair.  How easy was that?  Wink

For the sake of his wife & daughter, I hope he took good notes. LOL

Oh, and thanks for the update on your hair.  Still sounds completely gorgeous! Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 11:58pm
That's pretty cool, Holly!  That is a compliment to you.  He obviously thought you take good care of your hair.  I have no doubt that I could talk an easy 5 minutes about my hair and routine.  heheheh.... Tongue

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: Alayney
Date Posted: January 08 2007 at 2:39am
I don't want to be a downer, but I wonder if that teacher is just a "weirdo" if you know what I mean ... that kind of stuff tends to happen to me and it's not usually "innocent fun." Shocked

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: January 08 2007 at 10:40am
Lucky you, getting to talk about something you love and know so much about!  Once we had to do that in a speech class and we got to pull 2 topics out of a box blindly, choose one, think about it for 5 minutes, then talk about it for 5 minutes.  I got politics and baseball!  At the time there couldn't have been 2 things I knew less about!  

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: January 10 2007 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Alayney Alayney wrote:

I don't want to be a downer, but I wonder if that teacher is just a "weirdo" if you know what I mean ... that kind of stuff tends to happen to me and it's not usually "innocent fun." Shocked

Maybe.  But maybe not.  I don't know that we should assume the worst.

Anyway, sorry to hear you've had bad experiences in similar situations, Alayney.  Unhappy

-------------

Print Page | Close Window