Print Page | Close Window

Disrespectful People

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=49573
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 2:28am

Topic: Disrespectful People
Posted By: Precious Girl
Subject: Disrespectful People
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 7:10pm
Me and my friend have P.E together. She had blonde hair that is past her elbows. My hair is almost at the bottom of my bra.

Our coach had us doing situps and she did not have a ponytail holder so she put one hand behind her hed and held her hair over her shoulder with the other. He walked by and rather rudly asked
"Is there some reason you have to hold your hair?"

Her hair is so long that even if she pulled it back she would still be laying on it and it gets so tangly when you keep setting up on it.

-------------
March 2007:

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: January 07 2007 at 8:41pm
Perhaps he expected that your friend would have had the foresight to be prepared for physical activity, including having a ponytail holder to restrain her hair during the class.  A reasonable expection, I think.  She might want to consider braiding her hair before P.E. class.

That said, I think he was rather harsh and unforgiving. Angry

-------------

Posted By: Katze
Date Posted: January 08 2007 at 3:32am
I remember the PE teachers yelling at us larger-chested girls for running with our hands crossed across our chests. No one had heard of sports bras back then, or at least, didn't tell us about them. This led to a longtime hatred of running, which I now, thanks to high tech supportive garments, have learned to really enjoy.

I agree she might have tried a braid, but sometimes when you are in high school, you want to do your own thing... ;)

Print Page | Close Window