Print Page | Close Window

Hair dryer

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50044
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:23am

Topic: Hair dryer
Posted By: Anya
Subject: Hair dryer
Date Posted: January 30 2007 at 12:31am

Hello,

I usually don't use a hair dryer, but since my hair is getting longer and it is getting cold out, I was wondering if any of you use a hair dryer.

If so, are you familar with the new Chi Ionic one?  I know it is expensive, but I want to do as little damage to my hair as possible.

Thanks Smile

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 7:06am
I suspect the lack of response means most of us long hairs don't use hair dryers either.  You might get more response on one of the other boards here where people use more heat.  I don't use one, and don't know that one, but as long as you use one on a cool setting it should be okay.  Blowing air won't hurt your hair, just heat.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Wendy Kim
Date Posted: January 31 2007 at 11:54am
I use one just because it takes all day for it to dry on its own. I use an ionic dryer from walmart, not very expensive. I haven't heard of the brand your asking about but I can tell you that the ion dryers are the best way to go. I got my after my hairdresser told me to get a ion dryer and use the "warm" setting to cut down on the heat. Anything with a heat adjustment would be a great investment. Another reason that the ionic dryers are great is that they dry your hair without stripping all the moisture. They actually lock mouisture in! In my opinion if you're going to use a dryer then use one of those.
another thing I forgot, ahe also suggested when I dry my hair I use the dryer 6 inches from the strands also anytime you can get away with it dry it only 2/3 of the way. This will help with controlling any damage.

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 12:09pm
Wow, reading this made me think about the last time I used a blow dryer on my hair..... It's been more than 13 years!!  I got my hair trimmed and styled for my wedding.  Ever since, I haven't let anyone touch it and I haven't used a hair dryer.

When it's cold out, I throw my hair in a braid or bun, tuck it in my coat, and let it dry on its own.  I remember once as a teen-ager going out with wet hair.  I came in and combed it and frost and snow came off on the comb.  Embarrassed I never did that again!!

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 3:29pm
I don't use a hairdryer.  But I don't have to worry about my hair freezing (something good about Florida!).  When I did live in a cold winter climate, I did blow dry my hair in winter, at least until it was only slightly damp (and was able to dry completely before leaving the warmth to go outside).  I made the mistake once (a long time ago) of washing my hair and going outside into very cold temps with dripping wet hair -- icicle city, broken strands.  Not good.

-------------

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 11:45pm
I use one. I have one with "infrared heat". It dries the hair from the inside out, instead of from the outside in. My wife and I really notice the difference when using this dryer. (Neither of us have time to let our hair completely air-dry naturally.)

I got mine at Sally's. I'll have to look at the name if you're interested. It's white in color. I think it cost about $50? Well worth every penny.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window