Print Page | Close Window

C-COW-C and greasyness

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50137
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:15am

Topic: C-COW-C and greasyness
Posted By: CalliaNatane
Subject: C-COW-C and greasyness
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 2:26pm
I have been using this method for a couple of weeks now... i was just wondering if anyone else found that after hair has dryed it still looks and feels greasy? I have tried vinegar rinses and it doesnt seem to help at all??? Or is this wash supposed to leave hair greasy as like a protection?
Any answers will be much appreciated!
CallieSmile

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 7:50pm
Hi Callie.  I can't use conditioner on my scalp.  It comes off looking like I haven't washed it in a week and it drives me crazy.  I can't even use 2-in-1 combos.  When I CO, I thoroughly rinse all my hair with warm water and then apply C from neck down.  The only time I ever condition it entirely is on the rare occasion when I do a CWC, with the first C being all over and the second on length only.  The way I see it, my scalp is producing enough sebum (oil) to take care of the first several inches of hair, it doesn't need anything extra.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 03 2007 at 9:11pm
I'm not sure but your hair looks like my hair type.And I have found vinegar after seems to make mine greasy as well.When I tried it without it wasnt a problem.I even dilute my vinegar rinse quite a bit.I would try the next one without vinegar.If you are using it to clarify cones,it wont work for that anyway.But baking soda heavily watered down every once in a while will take care of that.

-------------

Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 7:34am
I was thinking maybe i didnt dilute the mixture of shampoo enough... i do a couple of squirts of each then almost will the bottle (500ml) with cold water.... but yeah i thought that the vinegar was too. I don't find that my shampoo cleans my hair quite as thouroughly as others do and it makes it still look greasy, i think its because its natural and doesnt have SLS in it. I might try using just a tiny bit of conditioner in the mix and see if that helps. The first time i did it i didnt have to wash my hair for almost a week.

Thanks for all your help.. and i will be grateful to any more comments and ideas,
CallieSmile

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 3:23pm
I've never tried C-COW-C (or any of the various conditioner-wash cleansing methods).  I sense they work best for those who "wash" their hair frequently; I try to stretch the interval much more than that norm.  I get good results with my current routine of shampoo diluting (in warm water).  Vinegar rinse is probably most effective for people who have hard water -- if your water is soft, vinegar rinse might not have any beneficial effect.

-------------

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: February 04 2007 at 5:31pm
C-COW-C isn't for all hair and scalp types - if it doesn't give you the results you want, especially if it itches, then you'd be better off switching to some other method.

Blessings
Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: February 05 2007 at 5:35am
Yeah it does itch... i might swap to daves idea of diluting just shampoo... but i might swap back to normal shampoos rather than natural ones as this one doesn't clean very well.... i still have another whole tub of shampoo and conditioner in my cupboard though *sighs* oh well...

-------------

Date Posted: February 05 2007 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by CalliaNatane CalliaNatane wrote:

but i might swap back to normal shampoos rather than natural ones as this one doesn't clean very well.... i still have another whole tub of shampoo and conditioner in my cupboard though *sighs* oh well...
Without SLS they don't seem to cleanse as well for me either.  I have used them successfully though.  Try it without mixing conditioner in.  Try it undiluted.  Try using it every other wash. 
Something I found helpful was shampooing twice using half-portions, rather than the whole thing at once.  The first time gets the surface clean, the second gets deeper down to get the roots and scalp clean. 

Experiment with it before you just throw it out.

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 4:21am
Originally posted by hairbraider hairbraider wrote:

Something I found helpful was shampooing twice using half-portions, rather than the whole thing at once.  The first time gets the surface clean, the second gets deeper down to get the roots and scalp clean. 

That seems like a better idea, i'll try it... and swap between both shampoos. ThanksBig%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 11:21am
You're welcome! Smile  Let us know the results.

-------------
sarah
40 inches

Print Page | Close Window