Print Page | Close Window

Oprahs show today

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50195
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:23am

Topic: Oprahs show today
Posted By: Longhairdreams
Subject: Oprahs show today
Date Posted: February 06 2007 at 3:43pm

Did anyone see it? It was about looking and feeling good at older ages.

She had the ladies from the new dove campaign.They all had natural salt and pepper hair(minus one) which was shoulder length.They all looked very good for there age.It was refreshing not only for them to have flattering hairstyles but to have natural colors.If anyone says gray hair cant look good ,then they need to see these women.

I'm still very young,but it was nice to see that you can have longer natural hair when your older and still look great.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 6:59am
Oh good!   That is always nice to see, when people accept their own natural beauty without feeling they have to do the opposite of what they were born with to look good.

Edited to say: born with, or naturally got with age!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 2:59pm
It really was a good show.They seemed to embrace natural beauty.My only peeve was with rita hazan(bleh).I dont care who's hair she does or did.She was talking about how everyone should dye.And saying this all the while with her overly thinned fried hair.Some of the most beautiful colors I have seen were completely natural.

-------------

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: February 07 2007 at 6:53pm
I didn't see the show, but I love the new dove campaign.  I think it's great how they're using REAL women as a representation of beauty.  With all the superskinny blonde supermodels out there, sometimes we all (or at least I) need a reminder that beauty has so many definitions. 

...And one of the women in the commercials has the longest, most gorgeous chestnut brown hair I've ever seen. Tongue

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Print Page | Close Window