Print Page | Close Window

so tempting!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50550
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:19am

Topic: so tempting!!
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: so tempting!!
Date Posted: February 24 2007 at 8:33pm
i promised myself i wouldn't srtaighten my hair cus it puffs up, damages, and doesn't reflect my personality at all! the thing is i was watching America's next top model and Eugena had the most gorgeous long straight hair and its really, really temptingConfused
but....
my hair has grown soooo much since last year's bob and i really want it to show cus my hair is so curly that length is kind of hidden the fact that its practically bsl now and i love the ticking feeling long hair gives.(i know its not as long as i want it to be but i'll just say its there already lol)

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: Precious Girl
Date Posted: February 24 2007 at 11:33pm
Just remember that Eugena's hair was fake. If you don't think it looks good on you don't do it but if you want to do it use a heat protector and go for it.

-------------
March 2007:

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 12:03am

Keep in mind that long hair is great, but long curly hair is more rare and therefore more appreciated.  Nearly every time I get a compliment (and I get quite a few from total strangers) the person mentions how great-looking long curly hair isn't something you see often. 

hehe...... maybe you could grab a piece and play with it, stretching it to its full length, when you feel the need to show off your growth. Wink

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 6:57pm
thanks guys. i'm gonna keep my curly locks

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: February 25 2007 at 8:25pm
I have always envied long CURLY hair.  It seems so much more fun and exciting.
I spend hours of braiding and days of waiting for it to dry just so I can have waves in my hair.  Then it only lasts an afternoon.
I know everyone likes what someone else has, but long curly hair is a rare beauty.

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: February 26 2007 at 4:09am
I can sympathise there. I've got wavy/curly hair(It was just wavy straight a few months agoConfused) and I'm always tempted to straighten mine to see the length. Everyone here is right though, you have amazing curls and your hair looks greatSmile!

As long as you condition the hell out of it and use heat protectants, I don't see that straightening it once every few months would do much damage as long as you're very careful and don't put the heat up too high.

Print Page | Close Window