Print Page | Close Window

My hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50801
Printed Date: September 29 2024 at 12:15am

Topic: My hair
Posted By: juliap
Subject: My hair
Date Posted: March 06 2007 at 12:32pm
Here is a picture of my hair.  I want to grow it to a little past mid back length.  It is totally unprocessed and I am going to try and take care of it this time.  I have tried to grow it before but it was fried hair and did not look nice.

I love boards like this because they offer a lot of encouragment.  I have always hated my hair because its wavy and brown.  I always thought it wasn't wavy enough to be curly and too wavy to be straight so it just looks messy.  Recently though I have grown to like my hair and have found ways to bring out the waviness.  I kind of like my color too in the sunlight its a really nice brown with some warm natural highlights.  I still have my bad hair days where I want to go dye it blond or something but I am not going to give in.  I want to keep my hair healthy. 

Take care,
Julia

Replies:
Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: March 06 2007 at 6:47pm

Hi Julia,

You have GORGEOUS Hair!!!  Best of Luck growing it out.  Now is the fun part. 

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting... 

-------------

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:01am
I think it looks ... as Tony theTiger would say .....    "GRRRREEEAAAT!".  Seriously, I do like the waves in it.  This is a man's opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but I do think your hair is very pretty.  And I like the color, but then I have a preference for brown hair as you can probably tell.  I like how it's dark brown when it's wet, but has red hilites in it when the sun shines through it when it's dry.

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: March 07 2007 at 12:05pm
HI, Julia,
I think you have beautiful hair! I know what you mean about  the waviness. I have really wavy hair that is almost curly.I used to really disllike it, but have come to really love it. It might seem wierd, but the better condition it is in, the more ringlets I get. Layers also help to bring out waves.
I love having my natural hair color. I actually feel unique. I go through times were I also think about coloring it, but then I remember how long it took me to get it unprocessed and natural. I have one grey hair that is almost my total length,( I have tons of layers) so I know that my color is natural.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: March 08 2007 at 5:03pm
Julia, you have awesome hair!  And those type of waves are really hot these days.  This is definitely the right place for encouragement.  We're behind you all the way! (so we can admire your hair, of course. lol Approve)

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:28am
"I have always hated my hair because its wavy and brown.  I always thought it wasn't wavy enough to be curly and too wavy to be straight so it just looks messy. "

Actually i think your hair is perfect and I think I hate youWink It will look beautiful if you grow it that long.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 12:18pm
I don't know how you couldn't love that hair, juliap.  Long wavy and brown?  awesome. Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 8:20pm
WOW - super stunning hair, Julia. You have taken great care of it, and it is very long already. Way to go Thumbs%20Up- post more pics as you grow longer. Oh, also, could you share some of your tips for bringing out the waviness! Thanks!Wink

-------------

Posted By: juliap
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 9:34pm
Thank you so much for your replies.  Everyone has offered me so much encouragment I am really looking foward to growing my hair out healthy this time.  I think its so neat that you think its long already.  In my mind I don't even consider this long it seems short to me because I have always worn it longer.  I can't wait to get it longer though.  My goal right now is between midback and waist length.  Maybe later I will grow it even longer. 

SpecialKitty,  to bring out the waves I have found that mousse and spraygel are my favorite products.  Recently though I have found the way to get it the most wavy that I have gotten it so far is to treat it like permed hair.  By that I mean when its dry and starts losing its wave spray it with water, then spraygel, and scrunch it then let dry. Usually what I do is wash it at night then by morning it is dry then I do the water, spraygel, scrunch and it looks good.  For some reason I always get better results if I start with dry hair then if I try scrunching wet hair after my shower.  Hope this helps.

Posted By: lola32
Date Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:57pm
you have pretty hair juliap . I have wavy hair too . I will use your advice to bring out the wavyness.

-------------

Posted By: Kitty Kat
Date Posted: March 12 2007 at 5:54pm
Julia,

Gorgeous hair!!! It looks very similar to mine and after all these years, I've just come to finally appreciate my hair last fall. My routine is very similar to yours. I wash at night and scrunch with spray conditioner and styling product in the morning (or just wear it up). I've fought with it for years. Who knew? I wish I had figured it out years ago!!!

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:06am

I also wish I would have learned to appreciate my hair years ago, instead of wisihng I had something different.  I would have saved me from so much damage.

Julia, I love the color. It looks very pretty, and rich.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 11:08am
Quote I've fought with it for years. Who knew? I wish I had figured it out years ago!!!

Quote I also wish I would have learned to appreciate my hair years ago, instead of wishing I had something different.  I would have saved me from so much damage.

You know, I think this is the main reason why so many women do such crazy things to their hair, always hate it, never satisfied........  They've never been shown how to properly care for it and bring out the best in their natural hair.  I was the same way!  I always hated my hair because it was a frizzy staticy mess.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 2:55pm

This is what I am hoping my daughter will avoid with my teaching her now how to properly take care of her hair.She has medium dark brown hair that has a pretty good wave to it. Not as wavy as mine, but there is still quite allot there. 

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: Alayney
Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 11:14pm
Gorgeous hair! I think it's actually my natural color and wave -- I always thought mine was rather boring. Of course, now I don't ... but then I don't have my natural color anymore. I bleach. Big%20smile

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 7:19am
Another one with wavy brown hair hereSmile! Mine is natural about down to my ears then the rest is disguised to look natural lol. I've learned my lesson and hope my hair looks as healthy and great as your's one day!

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 10:46am
Thanks Julia! Wink I can't wait to see updates about your hair as it gets longer.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window