Print Page | Close Window

update on jojoba use

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=50928
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:25pm

Topic: update on jojoba use
Posted By: gypsydoll
Subject: update on jojoba use
Date Posted: March 10 2007 at 9:18pm
Well, I have seen some amazing changes in my hair since starting to treat with jojoba.
Not only is my hair shiny, there are hardly any tangles at all anymore.  In fact, I can't style my hair dry at all.  It falls right out of anything I try to do with it.  My braids go loose, my buns fall out.  I have to make sure I braid and style when wet or wear it down.  I havn't worn my hair down for years!
I can't believe it, my hair hasn't been this way since high school!
Thanks to all who turned me on to it!Tongue

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Replies:
Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: March 11 2007 at 12:57pm
 I am so glad it works for you. Isn't it great when something works so good!?I am Glad I could help.  I love jojoba oil also. Just curious, how do you use it? People use it diferently, so I was just wondering. 

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: Kitty Kat
Date Posted: March 12 2007 at 5:57pm
I mixed my jojoba with some conditioner and I spritz it on. I usually only use it when I'm wearing my hair up. By the way, do you pronounce it hohoba? johoba? jojoba?

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:01am
What a good idea to mix it like that! I am going to have to try it. I usually use it like friz eeze serum, but sometimes I end up with to much in one spot.
You pronounce it Hohoba. You are supposed to anyway. What usually comes out of my mouth is johoba!LOL My husband says I have my own language anyway! heehee.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: March 13 2007 at 7:21pm

Thanks Alisa. That's how I thought you pronounced it but it sounded silly when I asked for it at the health store!!! It actually suggested on the bottle mixing it with your "favorite conditioner." So, I decided to mix some with one of my leave-in conditioners. Seems to work well like that. I have better luck spraying things on my hair than trying to disperse something with my hands. 

Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:28am

I prefer to spray things also, but couldn't figure out how to with the jojoba. I though that if I sprayed it, I might end up with way to much.BUt mixing it with co makes so much sence. I spray my hair all the time to reactivate the curls, and I have made my own leave-in since high school. Nothing fance, just using little bit of my favorite co and adding water.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:48pm
I use it a couple of ways.  About every other wash I mix a few drops in the palm of my hand with my conditioner.  About once a week, I squeeze a quarter size amount into my palm and rub it on the ends of my hair, tie my hair up, sleep overnight with it in, and wash it out in the morning.

I do the same thing, only less often, on my 4 year old daughter's hair and have seen a differnce as well.

GREAT STUFF!!!!

If I didn't have such an oily scalp, I might spray it on.  but only my ends are a problem for me.  BTW, you have great looking hair!!  I envy the waves you have.

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Date Posted: March 15 2007 at 9:00am
Thank you very much. I like touse it overnight as well. I have not done it in a  while, thought I keep meaning to.
I sprayed it yesterday with a leav-in, but I ended up  with oily looking hair. I don't know if I used to much co in the leave-in or what. But I think I will stick with how I have been using it.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: March 15 2007 at 2:28pm
good for you gyspsydollThumbs%20Up glad it worked out like you wanted

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Date Posted: March 15 2007 at 6:17pm
Alisa, I only spray it on when I'm going to wear my hair up, which I do a lot. I do notice I get that "crunchy" feeling that some people mention which is why I don't use it when I wear it down.

Date Posted: March 16 2007 at 9:28am
Yah, that would make sence. I don't get a crunchy feeling. If I use to much, it gets oily. I put it in my last co this morning, so we will see if I notice anything different. I really like to use it as a pre-wash treatment. It just takes a little time, and latley, time is something I have been short on.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: March 16 2007 at 3:39pm

I tried using jojoba but was allergic to it.  I have a new bottle if anyone wants it.  Just PM me and I can send it to you.  All I ask is that you pay for shipping and I guess you can just paypal that to me.  The one I have is Desert Essence and I paid $18.00 for it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window