Print Page | Close Window

Adding Dimension to Brown Hair w/o Bleach?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51021
Printed Date: May 17 2024 at 9:14pm

Topic: Adding Dimension to Brown Hair w/o Bleach?
Posted By: meli
Subject: Adding Dimension to Brown Hair w/o Bleach?
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 4:34am
I had gone blonde for a while at about Level 8, but during the past year I have transitioned back to my natural color, which is about Level 3.  For some reason I am never content with keeping my hair the same, and am always playing around with color.  I want to add a bit of dimension to my hair color somehow, but I'm not sure how I want it to look.  I have pale skin and freckles, so I want a slightly lighter, yet still natural look.  I was considering a demi a shade lighter than my natural, but which line should I use that's not deposit obly color?  Just wondering if I can use something not as damaging and that will blend well.  Any suggestions as to what color line I should use?  I'm most familiar with the Clairol and Wella lines, but I'm open to anything.  Thanks for the help!  :)

Replies:
Posted By: Rebekah
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 6:52pm
I think the most natural looking hair is when one chooses to not go more than two shades lighter than their natural color.  Try choosing a level 5 (is that light brown?) and see what happens.  Strand test though.

Rebekah

Posted By: meli
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:53pm
Thanks, Rebekah.

What brand do you think I should use?  And do you think a demi permanent will blend better with regrowth?

Posted By: Rebekah
Date Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:56pm

I'm not sure about the brand.  If you have warm hair already then use Miss Clairol, if you have ashy color hair then use L'Oreal.  I'd use a permanent color, because a demi will wash out eventually.  Permanent will alter the color.  Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Rebekah

Print Page | Close Window