Print Page | Close Window

extensions while waiting? and.. thin hair HELP!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51075
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:31pm

Topic: extensions while waiting? and.. thin hair HELP!
Posted By: disasterbarbie
Subject: extensions while waiting? and.. thin hair HELP!
Date Posted: March 15 2007 at 11:45pm

Sadly, I blecahed my beautiful dark, thick hair a few years ago. It's now very thin and just yuck. Well it's not THAT bad, it's growing back but I just get so upset with it. Has anyone used extensions while waiting for your hair to grow? Just curious to know how it went or if it's better to just wait it out.

Also.. I feel like my hair will never be beautiful again. Although is soft and some what shiny, and the short pieces are growing it is still thin. I have lost so much hair. The ends also look very thin. HELP!

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 16 2007 at 9:03am
I do not have any personal experience, for that you are probably better off on the extensions board.  I never went for that because from what I have heard, extensions cost a lot and are sewn onto the hair, and people who get them do suffer from a lot of thinning and damage.  Again, you may want to peruse the extensions board to find out if there are any non-damaging options out there. 

Your hair will be beautiful again, just keep it up with small trims (this will be more important on hair that has been bleached because it splits a lot more), and most important, try to have patience and have fun with each of the in-between stages as much as you can.  Remember that hair grows an average of a half inch a month, so only trim 1/4 inch a month maximum to keep some encouraging growth going.

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: March 16 2007 at 3:33pm
Hi, I wore clip -on extensions for a few years after a very bad haircut.  Extensions gave me back my self confidence.  I wore my clip-ons everyday until my hair became longer than my clip-ons. My hair grew in healthy with no damage.  I received wonderful information from the hair extension board.  Just a warning!  Extensions become very addicting because they are so much fun (not fun for my wallet though).  Good Luck Smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window