Print Page | Close Window

African-American products on white hair

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51111
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:26pm

Topic: African-American products on white hair
Posted By: 16Paws
Subject: African-American products on white hair
Date Posted: March 17 2007 at 4:45am
Howdy everyone!  I have set a length goal....bsl.  Cuz I want to keep dying my hair (told you I was shallow)LOL  Sooooooo, it is going to be very important I know to keep it well conditioned as I will be abusing it.  At least I just use a one process dye job and I don't strip it first to make it lighter.  Got the idea to puruse the black hair product aisle since black hair is fragile, tends to be dry, and normally has lots of processing done to it.  Found a kewl product called SoftSheen Carson, Optimum Oil Therapy, Over-Nite Strengthener.  It is a whipped, light creamy product containing avocado, coconut, olive and jojoba oils.  Promises no greasy buildup.  Well, last night I washed my hair, towel dried it and rubbed some in my scalp and hair...didn't take long since my longest hair is about 3 inches....ha ha.  My hair soaked it all up and is so shiny and soft this morning.  Very nice!  It also didn't weigh it down.  I'm thinking this might be a nice thing to do when my hair get longer....apply this before braiding it.  Has anyone else used cross over products with success?  If so, are there any more out there?  I did see a HUGE jar of shea butter stuff...is that good? 

Replies:
Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: March 17 2007 at 9:16am
Since my hair is natural curly and dry and easily breaks and splits, I've found that alot of African hair care techniques work well for me.  But not all.  It's a trial and error thing.  I've never actually used black hair products off the shelf though.  Just pick up tips from them.  Their products usually are full of stuff like silicones, and my hair doesn't respond well to that.  If it wasn't for that being in them, I think they'd be great!

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Print Page | Close Window