Print Page | Close Window

"My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51220
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 4:54am

Topic: "My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!
Posted By: frenchie1
Subject: "My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:39am

I am going to explain again my little technique of "invisible wefts" with Protac+ Liquid Gold with more pics, just to make it extra clear for some girls on the board who wanted more explanations.

Picture1: I just cut a piece of Protac of the approximate length of the weft I want to put in, and about 1/2 an inch wide. You can also use the Proflex roll tape, that are already at the good size. (Sorry about the blurry pics!)
397.jpg

Picture 2: So this is my part line, as you can see, this little technique allows me to place the wefts really high, both on the sides and behind
395.jpg

Picture 3: I place the weft on the tape, so the tape is only under the weft, there is no fold over. no tape showing on top at all. I have to cut the little tape at the exact length of the weft
398.jpg

Picture 4: A view from "bellow"
399.jpg

Picture 5: I put a layer of Liquid Gold on the weft (it can also be done after the weft is placed on your head, for the front pieces, but it's safer to put the LG layer before placing the weft

Picture 6: Then I place the little weft on my head, as you can see, the weft color is much lighter than my roots.

Picture 7: This is what it looks like when a layer of my own hair is stuck to Liquid Gold. It's hard to see, and because a layer of my natural hair is sticking on top of the weft, it blends with the weft color, and allows me to have a "highlight" effect.

(If I was using seamless weft for instance, I would still have a problem of contrast between the color of the weft and my roots color, and there would be a "line" of lighter hair showing. With this method, you can really use wefts of a slightly different color than your roots color, which is convenient for people with highlights like me.
Like I said before too, this is what people get to see if the wind is blowing like crazy in my head!)

Picture 8: Another picture with the flash:

Picture 9: This is the final result, after a layer of "free" flowing hair is pulled back on top of the hair stuck to LG

I also wanted to add that for people who cannot keep protac for too long, you can also reinforce the tape with a layer of Liquid Gold bellow the tape, but it's not necessary
I hope this helps!Wink

Replies:
Posted By: Yorkieluvr06
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:16am
wow,that is invisible!!!Thumbs%20Up I'm definately gonna try this out on future weft installs!!!

Posted By: milachkaa
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 9:08am
wow! after doing an install..NOW this finally makes sense! Thanks so much!

-------------
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."

Posted By: Naked Eye
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 10:53am
Frenchie, I love it! I am still confused by this, lol, sorry. So where is the weft in all these, because you said it's not folded over, was this a hand tied or soemthing, because I want to do this with my outre, but the wefts are pretty big and show.

So you are putting the LG on the weft, and the weft down on your head, and the protac will be facing up??

I'm sorry guys, I am so slow!

Posted By: Lil'Bohemian
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:29am
very nice frenchie, thanks! :)
I do a similar thing... but I like your method better. So I'll be revising my top wefts now and tryin' this out.

Posted By: Naked Eye
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:36am
Oh, okay, I was showering and figured it out. (I think) like I said I'm slow...

That is a good method, I need to re-install a few top wefts today so I'll try it this way.

Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 4:34pm
It is a handtied weft not a machine weft.
I think you could give this method a try with a machine weft but you'd have to put more LG on the weft and therefore it would probably look more bulky. I guess you have to try and see!
You can see the weft on picture 3 and that's what recovered by Liquid Gold on pictures 5 and 6!
It's bohyme handtied so yeah, it's very small to begin with!
Nakes Eyes, it is the contrary.
From the scalp to up you're gonna have:
a piece of protac that sticks to your hair
a weft
a layer of LG on the weft
a layer of your own hair on the LG
a layer of "free" hair above it

There is absolutely no tape showing at all, it's hidden underneathWink

Posted By: xoxsn0whitexox
Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:01pm
ok...got most of it...do you do this method for every layer from the bottom of the head to the top???? and then..can you put your hair up this with method?? the glue doesnt ruin ur hair??? sorry for all the questions...the demo is awesome though..thanks a million.. :-) Oh in Picture 5 it looks like the tape is facing up with the LG on it...??? Thanks again!

Date Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:54pm
No, I only use this method for the top rows, both on the sides and at the back of my head. But for the under rows, I use simply Protac or Proflex roll.
No the glue doesn't damage my hair at all, it's very easy to remove with acetone.
I wear my hair in a low ponytail at night, but I doubt that you can waer your hair very high
On picture 5, it's the Protac tape + the weft on top of the Protac tape (no tape at all on top of the weft, only under) and a layer of Liquid Gold on top of the weft.
I am glad my demo helped you!

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 5:21am

ok cool...im wondering if I shold try the LG on my bottom rows becasue when I used the protac tape before...it only stayed a week...I had it in then washed it after like 5 or 6 days....and it started to just come out....It was strange...mabye ill add a lil bit of it to the bottom rows so they stay longer than a week...lol

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 7:12am

Ok, with Protac, you have to be very careful about which shampoos you use.

Don't use the moisturizing ones, because they might contain some oils that are going to mess up your tape install.
I use Avalon Organics (a non-sulfate line of shampoos), they have a clarifying one and I use it the next 5 days after the install just in case. Let the tapes cure for like 24h minimum, no conditioner on the tapes of course.
Also one other thing that is very important to allow the tapes to stay in:
After you put the tape on your head, you have to press the tape for like 30 seconds, this step is very important. And always do an install on freshly washed hair, washed w/ clarifying shampoo too.
I guess you already know all the tricks, so if it still doesn't stay in with this routine, use a combo of Tape and LG, using the full width of the Protac tape (or another one) and put a layer of LG on the tape that is going to stick bellow.
NB: if it is the hair itself that comes out of the tape, because you're doing double or triple weft, then you might want to try LG inside the tape itself.
Good luck!

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 7:42am
I use Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo and Conditioner...and i didnt wash my hair or shampoo it for like 5 or 6 days...I remmeber i was so nervous cuz I didnt know how well the tape would hold up..I did use the entire width of the protac....but i hated it cuz it felt really weird with the extra tape....I guess ill make sure I press it for like a minute and maybe add a little LG do the bottom that sticks to my head for some extra reassurance...hehe..
I promise..im going to get this all figured out and its going to magnificent...hahaha :-)
Only thing im sad about is I wont be able to put my hair up in a pony tail anymore :-( But we will see how it all works out...gotta take my shrinkies out tonight...wooohooo

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 8:18am
You'll still be able to wear a low ponytail though!

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 9:54am
I just did my install a few days ago with the protac and LG and I can still wear a pony tail...a low one or a high one...if i wear the high one i just sort of puff up the hair on top so that the wefts are hidden

-------------
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 11:39am

hollllarrr..lol that made my day milachkaa!!!! :-)

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 11:59am
in fact it actually looks much cuter when it is puffed up like that!!!  I can even slick it back if i really want i just have to be careful to hide the wefts.  But honestly I got to say, I really did not expect this method to be SOOOO undetectable and so easy to wear...It's only my second day with them and I can barely even feel them up there...I still touch them and shake my hair to make sure they're htere Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: mrswozzy
Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 3:47pm
Frenchi, I used your technique and it's PERFECT!! Totally invisible. I have all of the sides and the tops with this method and nobody can see them. I have them all the way to my center part!!!! Thank you sooooo much.

-------------
Got Hair

Date Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:24pm
Yeaaaah!!!!Clap ClapI am so glad that other girls can use this little technique and enjoy how undetectable it is!!!
I am so happy that you're happy with it and that I was able to help a little!Heart

Posted By: hollandbluejay
Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:58pm
I'm really tempted to try this! I have to wear my hair back sometimes though, so I worry that it wouldn't look natural with the wefts. Does anyone else have thin hair like me and use this method?

Posted By: Aphrodiva
Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:08pm
Frenchie thanks so much! I did an install to a friend with that technique and it works wonders!!! You can't see that they are extensions at all, and she is wearing pony tails very high!!.LOVE IT!!!!!!
thanks. I am doing my top ones today.

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:33pm
if i have dark hair and use LG like you did, will the LG show through my hair????

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:38pm
Well, it's a good point that Krisite made about my technique and I am not sure about that. I think LG shows on dark hair

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 4:21pm
awww that sucx i was really looking forward to trying your method!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 7:32pm
you should try it though, on a little piece, see if it works with your hair.
I have also heard of black Liquid Gold, maybe that could be an option for you!

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: April 03 2007 at 10:09pm
a little dark brown rit dye in a bottle of LG. PM me if you need further details or I can post em if anyone wants them.

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Date Posted: April 04 2007 at 4:46pm
yes please post them sherrie!  i would love to hear this!

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2007 at 7:03pm

I used the 1/2 ounce bottle of LG, a syringe and some dark brown liquid rit dye. I used the syringe to draw up about 1/2 cc of dye and added it to the LG and used a toothpick to stir it up. It will not look completely mixed. Put the lid on tight shake the heck out of it and leave it sit for a few hours and the dye will mix thoughout. I mixed up several bottles and sent out to people to try. The responses I got were that it worked well. And a few other poeple who did this also reported that it worked well for them

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:47am
what is rit dye?

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2007 at 5:47pm
its fabric dye, can usually be found at Walmart, Kmart etc. Probably even some grocery stores, craft stores. Its pretty common so it should be easy to find.

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2007 at 7:54pm
Winkthanks for the tip..i'll keep you guys posted as to how it works out

-------------

Posted By: hollandbluejay
Date Posted: April 08 2007 at 10:40am
I would LOVE to see pics of all your hair after it was installed, especially the ones in ponytails!

Posted By: saucyblossom
Date Posted: April 12 2007 at 10:17pm
I can't wait to try the rit dyeClap Brilliant idea.

-------------
Early years are learning years, make them count!

Date Posted: April 13 2007 at 7:04am
Yeah, it sounds like a perfect idea for dark hair!

Posted By: Puffin
Date Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:36pm
Are there any ppl who do this method for their clients or is this a "do it yourself" type of method?

Date Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:41pm
Im sure there are some pros doing these methods, but I think the DIYers go for this type of install becuase its simple to do.

Have you thought about tying it yourself?

-------------

Posted By: Puffin
Date Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:56pm
I've never done any at home methods.  I wouldn't know where to start! Smile 

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 11:35am
Oh it's easy you know!
At first you make little mistakes but you learn from the.
I couldn't let someone do it for me now, I need to feel 'in control'

Posted By: kristie m
Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 12:27pm
Does this technique work with dark hair or does the yellow LG show through when the wefts are right up against the part? It's amazing how the LG is hidden in blonde hair. I'd never thought you could get the hair that close to the part. Great job with the technique!

-------------
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Posted By: frawstiepawz
Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:13pm

How can you see to do the back and underneath?  Could you use, say, 1 or 1 1/2 inch protac and cut the wefts to match so you have smaller protac/wefts?  Maybe it would be easier to put up.Ermm

-------------
Cats and Hockey Butts rule!!

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 6:53pm
Hi Kristie, I really don't know if LG would show through dark hair. We just talked about that w/ Sherrie and she recommended to put some sort of fabric dye in the LG. Apprently it works great.
I would just give it a try with regular LG first if I had dark hair. I love this little technique, it is by far the most invisible and 'clean' technique for the top rows. It makes me feel really safe and confident that my install is seamless.
Frawstiepawz, I can easily do the install for the back.
The key is to take your time.
You stick tape on your part line, the same way that you would do with regular Protac install, and after it's in, pull a layer of your hair on top of the LG, that is what requires a bit of patience, it's important no to rush for this stage. But it's very easy. And so gratifying, when you make your top weft invisible!

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 6:54pm
Oh, and I would never cut the weft, because I use great quality hair -Bohyme- that I re-use for many installs.
But for unexpensive synthetic, I would definitively try something like that.

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:01pm
I tried the Ritz'd LG to make it darker and found that it was nice and dark when it first went on and then started turning light when it was going into the 'glue booger' phase at about a week after being installed. Maybe the chemistry of my head does something funny to dark glue. I bought Chrissy V last year and found the same thing--it was dark for a few days then began looking light and scabby. My guy said it looked like a scalp condition! Yuck!

-------------

Posted By: nursie
Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:06pm
even with me being a blonde, when the LG starts to get a couple of weeks old some of it (not all) in little areas (especially the ends) starts to flake and even though you cant see it unless you are looking for it (which, of course I am!)and I know its there...also yuk!

Posted By: monsterita
Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:26pm
Are you using LG because it shows less than the tape on the top layer?

If anyone tries this method on dark hair with LG + Rit dye, please let us know how it works!

-------------
Hair type: 1a/f/i

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:36pm
I think you have to be the right color of blonde too, for the LG to be so 'invisible'. On light blonde hair the LG actually shows through darker/amber.

-------------

Date Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:43pm
<laffin> The Goddess of Hair giveth and she taketh away, huh? Some of the blondes get to use LG and have it be invisible but struggle to find good hair and a good match. We brunettes have more choices about hair and an easier time matching color but have to deal with those nasty yellow LG boogers! Ya can't win.    

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:48am
You're right on that Kristie!!!
I don't have any problems with LG showing, and yes, Monsterita, I use LG on the top part of the weft because it doesn't show as much as tape, which, no matter what I do, will show through a little bit because of its shine (especially if I like to place the top wefts super high!).
And also, LG, because it allows you to stick a good layer of your own hair above the bond, allows me to 'blend in' the weft in my darker hair, by creating some sort of lowlights, and the layer of my own hair totally hides the handtied weft too, so there's nothing to see.
Kristie, I wanted to add too, that there are a bunch of glues that I haven't tried so far but sounds very promising.
And they come in clear.
http://www.superhairfactory.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88&zenid=437bfa3c1b96440e7eb0355503d14874 - http://www.superhairfactory.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88&zenid=437bfa3c1b96440e7eb0355503d14874

http://www.mhrw.com/c_adhesive2.html - http://www.mhrw.com/c_adhesive2.html

and other ones on this website:
http://www.truetape.com/acatalog/ - http://www.truetape.com/acatalog/

Here are the products on truetape:

http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=Secure_Silicone_Liquid_Adhesive_.html">Secure%20Silicone%20Liquid%20Adhesive%20 http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=Secure_Silicone_Liquid_Adhesive_.html - Our New Soft-Bond Silicone Adhesive - forms an excellent water-proof bond to any base material. Easily removes with our PURE Adhesive Remover.
http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=_Back_To_Main_Page_Endura_Bond_and_Endura_Bond_Remover_4.html">Endura-Bond%20and%20Endura-Bond%20Remover http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=_Back_To_Main_Page_Endura_Bond_and_Endura_Bond_Remover_4.html - Need an adhesive that actually improves its grip in water? Endura-Bond is specially formulated to keep unwanted crystallization to an absolute minimum. Designed for use in the Medical Industry, Endura-bond is gentle on skin. Used sparingly, our hard bond should provide an uncompromising 30-day wear! Get 20 - 30 full perimeter applications per 1 oz. bottle and twice that for a 2 oz. bottle (not recommended for use on gentle lace materials).
http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=_Back_To_Main_Page_Invisi_Bond__Water_based_Adhesive__18.html">Invisi-Bond%20%28Water-based%20Adhesive%29 http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl?ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.truetape.com/cgi-bin/bb000002.pl&PRODUCTPAGE=_Back_To_Main_Page_Invisi_Bond__Water_based_Adhesive__18.html - Soft-Bond liquid Adhesive for extended wear! Invisi-Bond does not have any caustic chemicals or petroleum based solvents - dries fast and clear leaving a VERY aggressive water-proof hold to any base material. Invisi-Bond is sold in either the gallon or our NEW 4 oz. squeeze jar!

It's aphrodiva who first mentioned the Endura-bond glue from this website, I think she gave it a try a few weeks ago, so I am curious how it holds and especially if it comes out easily.
You need to register for this 'true tape' website and it takes a few days I think.
And there is also a glue that I tried from glamourhair.com (god knows I don't like to advertise for them), it is part of a seamless kit but you buy the glue separately, it is clear too and looks very much like the silicone liquid adhesive from truetape.com
If I remember well, this one was a pain to take out though, but I didn't use the good products back then either.... I remember the texture was amazing compared to LG though, much easier to apply, and totally invisible, like water...
So with all these new products to try, I bet there are good options in there for dark hair!...

Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:49am
More info on Endura bond:
KEEP IN FREEZER DURING SUMMER MONTHS TO MINIMIZE EXPOSURE TO HUMID CONDITIONS AND PROLONG SHELF LIFE. Endura-Bond will not freeze solid. Allow to sit for 5-10 miniutes to "thaw" before using. PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER AFTER USE. Endura-Bond has been specially formulated to keep "Crystallization" to a minimum. Use sparingly! for Permanent Attachment, only a thin bead along the track area of the hair unit should provide up to a 30-day hold! Endura-Bond is skin safe and approved for use in the Medical Industry. Compare our prices and quality, you will be glad that you did.

Posted By: B.B.
Date Posted: April 16 2007 at 8:48am
Originally posted by frawstiepawz frawstiepawz wrote:

How can you see to do the back and underneath?  Could you use, say, 1 or 1 1/2 inch protac and cut the wefts to match so you have smaller protac/wefts?  Maybe it would be easier to put up.Ermm

I just had to comment on your signature - cats & hockey butts - how can that not make someone hysterical?!  love it!  lol

-------------
rockin' hair one head at a time!

Posted By: sh3rylanne
Date Posted: April 23 2007 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

No, I only use this method for the top rows, both on the sides and at the back of my head. But for the under rows, I use simply Protac or Proflex roll.
No the glue doesn't damage my hair at all, it's very easy to remove with acetone.
I wear my hair in a low ponytail at night, but I doubt that you can waer your hair very high
On picture 5, it's the Protac tape + the weft on top of the Protac tape (no tape at all on top of the weft, only under) and a layer of Liquid Gold on top of the weft.
I am glad my demo helped you!

hey. im kinda new at this. You said that for the under rows, all you use is protac or proflex roll (are those just the tape?)... so you don't use any glue when you apply the under rows? (its just tape holding it?)

how long does your hair usually last? where do you get these invisible wefts?

are there any where you don't use any glue at all? even for the top ones? (the glue part kinda scare me... :/)

Date Posted: April 23 2007 at 4:41pm
Now, I am trying a mostly Liquid Gold (=LG) install, so almost no more tape.
But yeah, when I did my Protac installs, I would only use tape for the botom rows, and the Protac would hold between 5 to 6 weeks for me.

You should give it a try, it's easy. Personally I didin't like that the tapes were becoming sticky underneath after a few weeks and I was scared that the stickiness would get worse during hot weather. That's why I switched to LG and I am loving it, it feels cleaner.
I understand your fear about glue, that's why you should try the tape method and see for yourself. There is still glue on the tape though, but it's very gentle.
Proflex is also a tape brand. Protac seems better to me though.
The hair is Bohyme handtied silky straight, and it lasts very long, between 3 to 6 months, depending on your care.
What I call 'invisible weft' is a little technique, a combo of Protac tape and LG that makes the top rows almost undetectable. I don't "get" the wefts anywhere, it's just a little technique I use to hide the wefts even better.

I do put glue on the top rows, because the tape on top of the weft is too visible for me, so I place the a little piece of tape under the weft and a layer of LG on top of the weft. Re-read the tutorial, you'll understand better

Date Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:01pm
When you get past the part about LG being a little more tricky to install (it took me a few times to get the knack of getting those wefts in right with no mess), can you believe the difference in comfort it makes? And especially when it is hot! I think Protac is great for beginners because the installation is easier for a new person. But even with half-tapes, that gooey gunk and the plastic-y heaviness (Protac felt to me like wearing a shower cap) got really old after a few installs.

I'm so happy for you, Frenchie, that this method is working out!   

-------------

Posted By: malibu
Date Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:44pm
LG is REALLY easy! Even for first timers.

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2007 at 6:24pm
You're right, actually. It isn't that hard at all. The 'double-sandwich' part is a little tricky to explain, but I'll have a great demo with pictures of this technique up in a few days that will help make it more understandable.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 7:56am
I think Protac is less scary than LG for a firts time user though. There is something about the thickness of LG that makes it a little tricky to use at first.
Installing Protac is less messy than installing LG I think, especially for girls that are new to extensions, plus I think it is good to try different options in hair extensions, and getting started w/ the easiest method is the best way to get hooked!
This being said, I don't think LG is hard to install at all, it's like everything, you learn by making little mistakes, and it becomes eaiser and easier the more you do it.
Kristie, I couldn't agree w/ you more, LG feels SO MUCH more comfortable than Protac and I don't care about the hot summer anymore! And I can run my finger through my hair and nothing is sticky!!!!
I love to think that my new wefts won't be gooey and that I won't spend 2 hours trying to take that stickiness out of my hair and extensions!!!
The LG residus are so easy to remove in comparison (I know that some girls disagree on this topic), I use pure acetone, Goo Gone and a good comb, and it feels so much cleaner for my next install!

Now, I am looking at other products, like the one that I listed above, the Endura Bond that Aphrodiva mentioned a couple of weeks ago, and I can't wait to know how it holds in the long term, and how is the removal.
The only little flaws I see in Liquid Gold is its texture, I wish I could use a more 'watery" (not sure of this word), liquidy stuff, that would be clear and less messy, but would have the same hold than LG.
It's been 3 weeks already w/ my LG install and I love it, thanks Kristie!!!Heart

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 10:13am
My pleasure, Frenchie. = )

I've been squawking about this method for awhile now (LG + double-sandwich) so I'm thrilled that someone else tried it and likes it, too!

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 10:30am
I  must say that I did an all LG install (well my sister-in-law did it for me) about 10 days ago and I like it so much more than the protac!  In general I think that it is definitley staying in better...two of them started to let loose, but I actually think that it had more LG on it than necessary.  Anyone who is doing an install with LG, I find that it is easier to use the syringe for sure!  So much neater...When I apply the LG I just put the hair on a towel and apply the LG with a syringe to the weft...I wait about a minute or so that the glue is not too gooey when I apply.  I also find that it sticks much better that way!  And when I went back to remove them with the Goo Gone yesterday...it was great!  For me, the protac made a huge mess with the acetone and I felt I lost more hair...when I took out the few wefts yesterday to redo them, the goo gone soaked right into the weft...I kept it in there for 2 minutes and then the weft just completely slid out!!! And then the fun part started...the goo gone makes the boogers really soft but not gooey...so when I used my fine toothed comb...they just came right out!  Even the ones that were right up above the scalp.  I love the LG! 
Frenchie I have a question for you, what is the point of doing the protape and the LG on the top wefts.  I did mine really close to my part and actually only used LG and it looks really good. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 11:01am
Milachkaa, I think with dark hair just using a weft at the very top blends it perfectly. That's why I came up with the 'double-sandwich.' Blondes seem to need a slightly different method at the very top to be invisible, and that is where Frenchie's technique with the 'invisible weft' at the very top is beneficial.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 11:55am
gotcha!  Thanks Kristi!  You are always so informative!

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 12:35pm
Good question Milachkaa,
I still use a combo of tape and LG for the top rows because it holds better mostly.
I only want to do single wefts for the top rows, because double wefts would be way too bulky (remember I place the weft 1 inch to half an inch away from my part line)
So I can't do the double-sandwich LG technique, which is the only technique with LG that seems to holds for a month or more.
I have tried single weft with LG (single sandwich technique) and it stays nice for maybe 10 days but then starts slidding, it doesn't slide out completely, but slides a little bit though and is more visible pretty quickly.
With the tape underneath the weft and the LG on top of the weft, it stays in nicely for 4/5 weeks.
If I could I would only use LG believe me!
My stcikiness issue with Protac was especially bad with lower rows, for some reasons, so it isn't that bad to have a quarter of inch under the top weft, even if it's not idealWink

Date Posted: April 24 2007 at 1:52pm
gotcha...
I will try that next time...i place my wefts about 1.5 inches from the part as well.

-------------

Posted By: 6excgurl
Date Posted: May 29 2012 at 7:25pm
YESsss! That is the step I have been missing with tape /seamless extensions! I always had problems with the "lighter" strip, since my hair is exactly the same color as your hair. After reading your post, I just put another layer of double side supertape on top of the weft, and let my own top hair fall over it. Don't know how long it will last, maybe LG is longer lasting, but so far it is working great. Thank you so much for this priceless tip... even if the post is a few years old.

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 11:26am

I'm really happy if this post helped you out!

Yes, for a seamless application, you want:
- A layer of your own hair that will stick to your top layer (be it with Liquid Gold or tape, I just found out that tape on top shows through for me, after a few days of wear unlike a thin line of LG) so that your own hair looks like it is totally blending with the weft hair (and colorwise it allows more flexibility, because you can get a natural graudual lightening effet if you want)

- + A layer of your own hair that is 'free flowing' an that will fall on top of the layer of your own that is glued to your top row. This really makes the look flawless, so that your hair on top moves and look 100% natural

Posted By: 6excgurl
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 12:07pm
I noticed that with the tape too, Frenchie. It looked good for about 2 days, then my top hair started not to stick anymore to the top tape. I will try LG next. Question though...do you know if the same remover/solvent will remove both LG and supertape? If so, which remover would work for both? I have c-22 now but do not know if it works for LG. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!

Date Posted: June 14 2012 at 11:57am
Yes, I think so.
C22 is an orange type of solvent, isn't it? I'm pretty sure it works on removing LG.
You just have to let it sit a while, that you would do with an oil base type of solvent.
Quick little trick to speed up the process: try warming it up a bit. Usually warmer solvents work faster. :-)

You can use acetone otherwise, or other types of classic solvents. Cant think of names right now.
The supersafe adhesive remover from hairdirect is what I use right now.
It is 100% natural and the softest solvent i have ever used, which is why I switched to this product.

Posted By: lovedana16
Date Posted: June 16 2012 at 1:00pm
Yes C-22 works for LG... LG sells their own remover cheap too, it works on tape too, but I like the spray of the C22 better....
- Oh and random but when you use c-22 /adhesive remover, how do y'all get all the solvent out, my hair felt sooo thick/gross where I used it... I ended up using dish soap and vinegar ( both via internet searching) and then washed 2 more times... is there an easier way? lol

Posted By: texasbellamora
Date Posted: July 08 2012 at 11:22am
Hi Frenchie,

I've been reading your posts about using the liquid gold adhesive for a while and decided to give it a try. I absolutely LOVE it hands down. I've been doing sew ins, quick weaves, fusions, (which caused breakage and thinning) and now I am simply bonding. I love this method better because there is little tension on my hair, I can wear it up, down, wash it, etc. I was skeptical about bonding because it is a huge "NO" in the black hair community. To remove the bonds, I use 100% acetone to remove the wefts and the glue boogers and it works like a charm!! The wefts sometimes fall out by themselves and then I take the bottle of acetone with a fine tooth come and remove the boogers and they comb right out Clap 

I noticed you mentioned using a new remover from Hairdirect. I wanted to get your opinion in comparison of the remover VS acetone. Which do you perfer? What are the pros/cons?

Date Posted: July 11 2012 at 9:56am
So glad LG worked for you Texasbellamora!
The remover I use from hairdirect is the "Ultra safe adhesive remover".

I use it not because it is the fastest or most efficient remover, but because it's 100% natural, and VERY gentle. So gently you could drink it apparently!
I have been wearing extensions for years, and doing removals on a fairly regular basis, & I started worrying about the health impact of the chemicals, in the long run.
Just a personal concern I had.
This remover I mentioned works well (give it a few minutes), you spray it, massage it in the hair, then let it work a little, then the wefts come out.
On stubborn spots I use acetone spray, but it's rare, sometimes I dont have to.
But it's good to keep an acetone spray on hands.

Otherwise there are many other good solvents out there. Cant think of names right now!... lol
I HATE the LG remover, it stinks like HELL. Cant stand the thing, and I am used to strong stuff. And it doesn't work. Genius.

The orange/oily removers are a good choice.
The SUper Solv is a good choice as well. Fairly gentle on skin as well.

Hope you find something that works!
But remember: acetone works right away and evaporates quickly, whereas oily solvents take a little bit of time to work. And heat usually speed up the process for oily removers, whether you heat up the product before spraying or once on the bond.

You have to do it in a ventilated space, except if you use the Ultra Safe remover I mentioned. It's great, and it's anti fungal too. So leave it overnight if you'd like, and you'll get a good scalp treatment too! ;-)

Date Posted: July 11 2012 at 9:57am
Forgot to mention this: acetone used to give me massive headaches. Turns out, you can get intoxicated, if you use too much.
SO be careful with it.

Date Posted: July 13 2012 at 10:33am
Some people use C22 and Goo Gone with success too.
Never tried C22, but did try Goo Gone. Good product but I'd rather use it to wash my wefts when they're out, rather than pouring it on my scalp. There are gentler products out there.
But then again, everyone is different, so you've got to find what works best for you, with your chemistry.

Posted By: texasbellamora
Date Posted: July 15 2012 at 8:44am
Well thanks for responding Frenchie. I think I am going to try the natural remover from hair direct and see what that does. The only other thing that I have tried (other than acetone) was the actual liquid gold remover - which I hated!! I will be sure to let you know how everything turns out!!

Thanks againSmile

Print Page | Close Window