Print Page | Close Window

getting bored...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51399
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:27pm

Topic: getting bored...
Posted By: letmecount123
Subject: getting bored...
Date Posted: March 27 2007 at 12:20am
Not too sure what to do with the long mop anymore. It's too long now to wear down to the bar... it gets in drinks and caught on peoples watches/purses/etc. And I'm not practiced enough in the skill of updos to get a hairstyle I feel is secure enough to wear out dancing without it falling out.

Sometimes I french braid in twos and then wear braid waves for a day, but I have chin length layers at the front that need to be clipped back when I do that or they look scraggly.

I highly doubt I'm ever going to do anything drastic with my hair, but it seems lately all it does is get in the way or frustrate me to the point where I just braid it or put it in my trademark bun/ponytail style.

Kay... I think I'm done whining now. I can't really talk about it too much with my friends because as much as they love my hair, they'll just tell me to cut it in the end.

Replies:
Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:13am
I know how you feel, mine seems to do more negative things than positive things lately, especially frizzwise.  But when I feel like that I always plan to take proper defrizzing care of it one morning to wear it down that day, and it  usually makes a fun day that helps me remember why I like it. 

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: March 27 2007 at 12:29pm
     OK, humble suggestion here, and it's not for everyone. I think that blonding streaks at the front on both sides might be fun for you. They always look great, IMO.
     Trying buns for a while might help also. Even if you don't like them on yourself, try them with a different parting. My wife's hair, when pulled back, is unflattering, (very much unlike the results for most women, IMO), but with a center part, she and her hair look sensational. Good luck, Bob Smile

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 27 2007 at 6:57pm
Hey there Holly! Waving
I've been posting and reading over at http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/ - LHC  and there are some great threads about various updos. Most of the instructions come with pictures or videos, so are easier to follow and do yourself. I think your hair would look fantastic in a twisted or braided bun of some kind. The reports from those who are doing these styles indicate they are very secure and can be worn comfortably all day.

Anyway, good to hear about you. Hope school is going well.

--Kitty

-------------

Posted By: lola32
Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 12:27am
I know what you mean Im getting tired of my hair too. I think streaking your hair or putting it up would be a nice change. Dont cut it your hair looks beautiful.

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:10am
Wow Lola, not to change the subject but you've got the SHINIEST hair!!  Its lovely!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 11:59am
Does anybody know if temp dyes ever actually do totally wash all the way out? I have no desire to ever permanently dye my hair as I could never afford to have it done, and if I did, I could never been able to deal with the upkeep.

I temp dyed my hair purple and red when it was shorter in high school, but I can't remember if my hair ever actually went back to its natural colour. I'd love to do red streaks or something, but I can't do them at home with a cap (too long) and like I already said... I don't want anything permanent.

-------------

Posted By: lola32
Date Posted: March 29 2007 at 2:12pm
thank you Susan =) I think it is the garnier frutis deep masque that makes my hair that shiny .

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 3:49pm
I think any super long hair resolve I once had kind of faded. :( Saturday morning I woke up, called a salon, had three inches cut off, long layers added, and cut in some sideswept bangs. Feels much better now.

No one can tell the difference except for the bangs anyway, haha.

-------------

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 5:21pm
     Big%20smile Well Holly, the way I see it is that you may have reached your terminal *enjoyable* length. Or, it may have been simply time to re-charge your batteries for a time until your "Rapunzelesque" enthusiasm returns. (lol) Your hair is still quite long, so if the latter proves to be the case, you have a heartening starting point. Sometimes a change, even a relatively small one, can provide the fun and excitement that one is looking for. You seem to be happy, so I'm glad for you. Blessings, Bob

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 9:34pm
I've been through the boredom stage, too and have come VERY close to going short.  Here's what I do....

buy a new hair clip or barrett that REAL PRETTY!

try some little braids hanging around your face.  They hide the shorter hair up front and add design to straight styles.

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Print Page | Close Window