Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51522
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 7:55am

Topic: Short hair....to shave
Posted By: matvail2002
Subject: Short hair....to shave
Date Posted: March 30 2007 at 9:45pm
My husband want to shave his hair for a change (not because of a reclining headline)?

I think it's a good idea....but I have a few questions...because it's a big change with me and him?

Is that a good idea because he'd never done it before?

Shoud I do it with him at home or go to a barber (do they will shave it to the skin-with cream?)

Do you think that man with a shaved head are attractive?

Thanks for your help!

Replies:
Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: March 30 2007 at 9:55pm
It's tough to find a barbershop that will actually lather up a head and shave everything off but if you can find one, it's a great experience.  The better experience is having a significant other do it.  It's not hard to do.  Go to Wal-Mart and buy a set of clippers for about $20.00 and a decent razor; take your time, there is no hurry.  Have fun with it.

Saw your post on the general board stating you wanted a change.  Ya'll could make it a real fun night if you let him cut yours also.  I'd go to Sally Beauty Supply with the clippers you bought and get a #8 guide that will fit your clippers (Wal-Mart doesn't carry them).  This will leave your hair one inch long, similar to the youtube video you posted.  Have fun, let us know how it turns out.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: April 01 2007 at 1:47am
Definately do it for him the first time.  You can go from 1/2 inch down to nothing in 1/8th inch increments, in case he decided not to go cueball.  I have shaved my head many times, but I keep it at a #1 (1/8th inch).  Easy to maintain. 

Print Page | Close Window