Print Page | Close Window

getting real frustrated

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51536
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:38pm

Topic: getting real frustrated
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: getting real frustrated
Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 4:29pm

it seems as if my hair is intentionally growing slowly.Ouch and also i have a bout an inch of split ends which i am reluctant to cut but im starting to wonder if thats the culpritOuch. also debating whether to get braids or not since my hair grows like a weed in them Big%20smilebut am going to miss my curls (also they aren't the most flattering hairstlye if not done right). what to do?!!!!!!ConfusedConfusedConfused

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: March 31 2007 at 5:10pm
The more you pay attention to your hair growth the slower it grows. Most people grow well when using protective styles such as updos or in your case braids.I think you should learn some protective styles you can put in and take out easily.that way you can still enjoy your curls for special occasions and such.Hug.I'm sure its not as bad as it seems.You might just need a good S&D.    My husbands hair is curly and super fragile,and I find his hair grows the best and healthiest when he wears it kept back.Otherwise his hair would never grows much past bsl. But with proper care(cones in his case),keeping it pulled back,and gentle handling his hair can make it to waist.And so can yours.His is an extreme case of fragile hair. Good luckSmile.

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2007 at 8:07am
thanks for your input. i've decided to have my mom brai my hair after church. ill try and post a pic

-------------

Posted By: Kitty Kat
Date Posted: April 01 2007 at 12:19pm

Hang in there SugarCube. I feel your pain!! Some people on this site have said their hair grows an inch a month!! Mine has never, nor will ever, grow that fast. But coming here for support has enabled me to keep my hands off of it for the past year and three months and it is almost to BSL. Learning how to measure it was a huge help for me. I used to try to measure it by where it touched a certain part on my body but now I have a definitive number to actually track it. 

As Longhairdreams suggests, try to find some friendly styles and try to forget about it for awhile. Like my mother always said, "a watching pot never boils"!!!

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: April 01 2007 at 1:23pm
My hair grows excruciatingly slowly. I am also doing microtrims to keep splits at bay and get rid of the damaged bits. My hair is only a little past shoulder length right now (close to what it was when I started with the boards a year and a half ago!). The consolation is that it is so much healthier. Keep with it and take good care of your hair, and try not to focus on the measuring/growth. Hug

-------------

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 1:25pm
Hey SugarCube!  Don't get discouraged!!Hug 
I also do microtrims (like S.Kitty mentioned).  That way I don't really lose length and still keep my ends healthy.  It has made a huge difference for me in gaining length!  I've seen results from that more than anything else.  So that's something you might consider.  Just don't go overboard with it and trim too often.  (I always make a note of the date so I know how long it's been)

Do try keeping it up more often too, to protect it from being damaged.  If your hair grows like a weed when it's in braids, the splits are probably the culprit.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 8:47pm
thanks guys yall really made my dayBig%20smile. ill try and post a pic later

-------------

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: April 02 2007 at 9:31pm
I'm glad your feeling better,and that you found something that works for you.Smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window