Forum Name: Curly Hair
Forum Description: Curly Heads Unite & Talk About Curls
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=52679
Printed Date: September 27 2024 at 3:16pm

Topic: Curly hair dilemna
Posted By: jess88
Subject: Curly hair dilemna
Date Posted: May 06 2007 at 11:00pm
I'm trying to embrace my curly hair this summer and wanted to know what are some good products to use to define my curls and not weigh them down or make my hair feel like there is alot of product build up in it. I tried a mousse that worked but my hair felt really crunch and too much build up. I felt like I'd have to wash my hair 4 times to get all the product out. I've never tried gel because I wasn't sure if that would weigh my hair down. My hair is between medium curls and really wavy, very thick/coarse, and long. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Replies:
Posted By: stargazer026
Date Posted: May 23 2007 at 12:56am
Hi I had the same problem my hair has been damaged from years of blowdrying and brushing my hair has spiral curls underneath and waves on top ive just started taking multivitamins for hair skin nails and i found using conditioning treatments weekly or twice a week a must.. ive also found this product called schwarzkoph bonacure hairtherapy you only use it once a week , but for the curls I recommend bonacure moistre kick its for coarse curly and wavy hair u massage it into towel dried hair and pantene curl revive works a treat too it all depends on how much you use if you use too much it does weigh down your hair but if you dont use enough it doesnt work depends on your hair length too my hairs shoulder length and I use blob about the size of a fifty or twenty cent piece depending on which product im using well hope that helps and good luck with the curls xo

Posted By: stargazer026
Date Posted: May 23 2007 at 12:59am
ps.... Ive found using mousse and hairspray does not help condition or heal your curls so throw it out and get a hair serum like frizz-ease extra strength ...Smile

Posted By: BellaDonna
Date Posted: June 02 2007 at 5:32am
I really like MOP Leave in Conditioner.

I dont use any "product" as such except for this. Its quite rich though, so you only need a small amount, and still gives you curl without it being weighed down.

Hope this helps & Good Luck!

Posted By: Msl8y
Date Posted: June 09 2007 at 2:05pm
Well, I went CG a few months ago when i decided to d the same thing. For me, it worked really well. I had spiral frizzy curls but after goin CG i have neater curls that i am not affraid to wear out/down.
 Going CG might not sound to appealing but when you use the conditioner instead of shampoo it gets it cleaner than you may think. Conditioner also has a ligher cleaning agent in it so it's not as harsh. i wash my hair with the conditioner just as i would if i were shampooing it then i stop and condition it ( leaving it in longer than wshing it so it has a chance so it can condition it) for mw it worked great. If you have further questions about goin CG you can check out Naturallycurly.com

-------------
<*>I'm so glad it's back!<*>

Posted By: emilykris
Date Posted: June 11 2007 at 2:48pm
I have extremely curly hair, and I use the TIGI Catwalk CURLZ ROCK products. I acutally just use the amplifier and booster and my curls stay really defined, even with running fingers through my hair, and sort all day long.

Print Page | Close Window