Print Page | Close Window

What are conditioner cones?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=53180
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:30pm

Topic: What are conditioner cones?
Posted By: irishjoy
Subject: What are conditioner cones?
Date Posted: May 28 2007 at 8:38am
Hi I am new here and spent a few hours reading through posts because I want to grow my hair long.

One question...what are conditioner cones? That term keeps poping up in various threads and I am curious.

Thanks! Smile

Replies:
Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: May 28 2007 at 4:49pm
Hi Irishjoy, and welcome! Smile

The "-cones" referenced are silicones -- ingredients in conditioners that stick to your hair and make it appear shiny and make it feel soft.  The problem with them is that they also block out moisture, so, over time, the hair tends to get brittle and can result in abnormally high tangling and breakage.  Some here swear by them; some of these people use them continuously without adverse affect, others use a clarifying shampoo periodically to remove the silicone layer.  Generally (but not always), silicones tend to be especially bad for those with fine hair.

There was a discussion within this forum some time ago about ingredients that are disguised as silicones (for example, with names ending in "siloxane"), but I don't know offhand which thread it is.

-------------

Posted By: irishjoy
Date Posted: May 28 2007 at 10:24pm
thanks for the info!

Posted By: disasterbarbie
Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 9:09pm
Will the ingredients actually say "silicone" on the label?

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: July 27 2007 at 10:20am
no just andything that ends in cone, conol ( tho conol are generallly water soluble)  and xane

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Print Page | Close Window