Forum Description: Devoted to the special hair needs of people of Asian descent
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=53546
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 10:29am

Topic: dry hair after using shampoo.
Posted By: jinn
Subject: dry hair after using shampoo.
Date Posted: June 07 2007 at 8:09pm
hello, im an asian and im male.
im also new here. does this forum site accept males to participate?

well basically im a guy with long hair.
im not too knowledgeable about hair types but now i want to learn things about it.

can you describe my hair type if i explain mine?

i dont use shampoo too much bcause its not fond with my hair.
i usually use conditioner as my shampoo everyday. (is it bad?)
i use shampoo twice or once a week.
but whenever i use shampoo my hair gets dry and looks frizzy.
i already tried diffrent kind of shampoos and also imported stuff.

but my hair will only look normal if i use conditioner.

do you know anykind of product enhance the hair's appearance?
i actually wanted to study more about this

Replies:
Posted By: philipinokid
Date Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:59pm
the main thing about asian hair is that it needs moisture. when choosing a right conditioner you don't want anything with silicone in it. look at the ingredients on the back anything ending in the word cone means its silicone such as dimethocone. Also you want to make sure you choose a conditioner that has a balanced ph which means it is the same acid level as your hair and scalp. sometimes they say its ph balanced. ** the conditioner i recommend is American Crew Daily Conditioner when applying this conditioner make sure you apply it to wet hair and massage it into your scalp leave on for about 10 minutes or so. Also make sure to rinse out all the hair conditioner out when your done. Use this conditioner everytime you shower. Now for shampoo you can get the American Crew peppermint cleanser this will remove build-up from condtioner if you have failed to wash it out all the way. Use that shampoo like once a week. if you have ne more questions just ask // also i heard tigi dumb blonde hair reconstructor shampoo and conditioner is big in asia and also the condtioner is ph balanced for that one also.

Print Page | Close Window