Print Page | Close Window

heat, causing dryness

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=53560
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 10:23pm

Topic: heat, causing dryness
Posted By: Alisa06
Subject: heat, causing dryness
Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 10:58am

OK..... just the last few weeks with temp reaching close to 100, my ends are getting REALLY dry. I have been oiling more, both overnight and in my last co. I can not believe how fast it has happened! I have recently switched to redken's all soft. It has helped quite allot, and I have noticed at  http://www.redken.com - www.redken.com they have a sunscreen line. I am going to go check them out this weekend, and plan on getting one, and also the heavy cream. I know they have some cones in them, but,  I think going completely no cone is not going to work for me.  

My hair has reached the small of my back, and I am starting to feel like myself again, so I do not want to cut any length off. I have noticed a spot that I need to some S&D on, but its just one small spot underneath in the back. The rest of my hair has hardly any splits at all.

Any thoughts, inputs, suggestions would be so much appreciated. You all have such good ideas.Thank you in advance.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Replies:
Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 10:59pm
Hey Alisa!  Sorry to hear about your problems.  I had a similar experience a few months ago when I changed conditioners.  My hair felt so dry and nasty on the ends.  I went back to using the previous conditioner and it felt wonderful again.  It does take effect pretty fast, no matter what the cause.  Faster than you'd think.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Date Posted: June 08 2007 at 11:12pm
Hey, Hairbraider, it is so good to hear from you!Hug

Yah, who would've thought just a week or so with high temps, and BOOM! I had switched from jason to nature's gate. I really liked the nature's gate, but I don't think it could keep up.I have used the redken all soft three times now, and I can already see/feel a difference. Like I said in the original post I am going to get the redken heavy cream. I have read alot about it, and it seems to be really good. Thumbs%20UpI am also excited about the sunsreen line.

I hate the feeling of my hair when it gets like this.It makes me so mad! We work so hard to keep it nice and soft, and healthy, and it seems it only takes such a fraction of a moment for it to be undone. Confused

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: June 09 2007 at 12:23pm

This morning I remembered mayo! DUH!LOL So I put some on only from the ears down. I was feeling lazy. I can't get to town untill tomarrow, so I am hoping this will work its magic for the moment.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: June 09 2007 at 6:03pm

hope it works out 4 ya summer heat can kill lol

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: hmmm007
Date Posted: June 12 2007 at 3:55pm
I have the same problem, both my skin and my hair suffer in this heat! Specially when it's humid- greasy skin and dry, puffy hair...great. LOL

I've yet to find the answer, I just scrape my hair back and feel yucky.

Date Posted: June 12 2007 at 4:22pm
Well, the mayo worked great. My hair sucked it up like it hadn't ever seen moisture! The redken all soft is working wonders! I got the heavy cream on Sunday, and tried it yesterday. My hair is totally different now than it was a week ago!Clap I was really starting to worry. I have really course, dry hair anyway, but this was bad. 
The first couple of times that I used the all soft, my hair got almost flat. I figured out that I need to only put the co on from the ears down. Then the body is not effected.
The directions on the heavy cream are to use it once a week, but I think I am going to use it twice a week while it is so hot, and after any sun exposure.
I also got the uv milk, which protects from the harshness of the heat and the suns rays. They have an oil, that protects also, but I don't know which is better. The gal at the salon didn't really seem toknow very much, and she recomended the milk. I think Iam going to have to just try them both and decide for myself. I am excited to have a sunscreen, though. I don't know why more companies don't make hair sunscreen. Their is so many for our skin, but very little for our  hair.Unhappy

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: June 15 2007 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Hey, Hairbraider, it is so good to hear from you!Hug

Ermm Yeah... wish I could hang out here more like I used to, but great hair costs money and that takes a job.  I'd forgotten how it feels to try to cram a life into a few hours in the evenings.  *sigh* 
Glad to know I've been missed. Big%20smile

It's great to hear that you've found something that works for you!  I believe PreciousGirl uses Redken products with great results also. 

I guess if they made more hair protectants that really work well, the salons would lose business because there'd be less people getting damaged hair trimmed off.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Print Page | Close Window