Print Page | Close Window

Retreating/Declining a battle. Fair or not?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: 360 Waves
Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54521
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 8:22pm

Topic: Retreating/Declining a battle. Fair or not?
Posted By: Ant Green
Subject: Retreating/Declining a battle. Fair or not?
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:11pm
Who would like to see a new rule implemented when it comes to battling.

The rule should be as follows;

If you call someone out for a battle and they decline. You would automatically gain the win on the count of forfeit/no contest.

To decline a battle, should count as a loss.

This rule would seperate HB from other forums, Making it more exciting and interesting to be here.

In addition we will be making each other better.
This rule should be put in effect asap.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Replies:
Posted By: mrclean1992
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:23pm
damn ant.........cash would be da most f**ked up person on here right about now......wouldnt he?

-------------
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />

Posted By: Sleepy B
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:24pm
Naw I dont think so. It cant b called a battle if the other person doesn't agree 2 battle in the first place. So dey aint forfeiting. Think about all the people who arent comfortable with their waves or someone whose waves arent up 2 battling yet. All someone has 2 do is challenge them. Either way it's a loss.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:30pm
I hear you sleepy B. But to forfeit is not to compete. Only when a battle is declined will it be counted as a forfeit.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:34pm
It's some battles out there that we all want to see take place. But they might not ever happen if people always take the option to declining.

Take away the option of declining.

If some one is uncomfortable with their waves and their hardly spinnin at all who would want to battle them.

People only want to battle the best.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Posted By: RJizzle
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:37pm

i agree wit sleepy, if your in the middle of wolfin or somethin i dont think its fair to gain a loss jus b/c someone call u out.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:37pm
Aight correct me if i'm wrong,but aint a forfeit when u have a scheduled competition and b4 it's set 2 go down u back out of it. If someone declines a battle it isn't a forfeit, bcuz u can't quit something unless u start playing it first.

-------------

Posted By: King Cash
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:43pm
correcto mundo@ Sleepy. Example my 1st battle (with king360).

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Sleepy B Sleepy B wrote:

Aight correct me if i'm wrong,but aint a forfeit when u have a scheduled competition and b4 it's set 2 go down u back out of it. If someone declines a battle it isn't a forfeit, bcuz u can't quit something unless u start playing it first.

Youre right. What I'm sayin is, Once someone initiates the challenge from that point on would make it a shceduled competition, So only when the person being challenged declines or retreats would that make it a forfeit.

As long as someone has the option to decline the battle they can do it as much as they like.

Take away the option to decline.

Theres battles out there that we all want to see, that might not ever take place.

Prime example: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54518 - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54518

Now if there was some type of rule put into effect, it doesnt have to be my exact rule, just some type of rule. We would get to participate in this historic battle.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:08pm
Yeah if you want another example, The Royal Rumble. It started off with 10 contestants and ended up wit only 5.

2 of them where last minute entries and while in compitition 1 dropped out leaving only 4 contestant for HB's annual event. 

Totoally upsetting.

Half the people got could feet towards the end.

We need some type of a rule period.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Ant Green Ant Green wrote:

Yeah if you want another example, The Royal Rumble. It started off with 10 contestants and ended up wit only 5.

2 of them where last minute entries and while in compitition 1 dropped out leaving only 4 contestant for HB's annual event. 

Totoally upsetting.

Half the people got could feet towards the end.

We need some type of a rule period.

Now thats a forfeit bcuz they already agreed 2 da battle. I think all the members who failed 2 show up should be given a loss.

-------------

Posted By: iwave
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:18pm
honestly its all just good fun. No one knows you personally so there is minimal reprecussions. If you get challenged...just battle.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:19pm
Sleepy B, Yes or no answer.

Do you want to see
1.)Cash And WC battle?
what about
2.)Cash and Ced Clark?
what about
3.)Ant Green and TSOH?

Feel what I'm gettin at?

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Posted By: jamaicakid85
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:20pm
Well me personally I don't care because I'm always battle ready anyway but if two people arranged to battle andone of them tries to dip out then that should be a forfeit if no date was set in stone then it shouldnt count.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by iwave iwave wrote:

honestly its all just good fun. No one knows you personally so there is minimal reprecussions. If you get challenged...just battle.

Thankyouuuuuu.
So why decline in the first place????????

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by Sleepy B Sleepy B wrote:

Youre right. What I'm sayin is, Once someone initiates the challenge from that point on would make it a shceduled competition, So only when the person being challenged declines or retreats would that make it a forfeit.

As long as someone has the option to decline the battle they can do it as much as they like.

Theres battles out there that we all want to see, that might not ever take place.

Prime example: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54518 - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54518

Now if there was some type of rule put into effect, it doesnt have to be my exact rule, just some type of rule. We would get to participate in this historic battle.

I understand what u sayin, but its gonna b damn near impossible 2 find a rule 4 that. If the person challenged declines we still wont get 2 c the battle. The fact that they dont want a automatic loss increases the chances of them accepting, but it isn't guaranteed.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:24pm

Sleepy B, Yes or no answer.

Do you want to see
1.)Cash And WC battle?
what about
2.)Cash and Ced Clark?
what about
3.)Ant Green and TSOH?

Feel what I'm gettin at?

Yea I want 2 c those battles. I want 2 c alot of thing but that doesn't mean that they're gonna happen.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:24pm

So you think that this rule will stop people that don't feel like postin pics just because they'll "lose" a battle??

Example: Since Ced and I aren't battling for a lil while you think that we're gonna spring into action just because that you wanna see me battle someone? 

What's gonna most likely happen is that we're gonna careless and continue to decline until we're off of our hiatus. And people are gonna start challenging us for the hell of it just so they can get a "win."  

How about this...since so many people are complaining about not seeing enough battles, why don't they find some other complainers and battle each them. that way the people that wanna battle are happy and so are the people that are takin a break. sound good?

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:32pm
No, but would you be as proud of your record with an L in the column?

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Posted By: Don Twista
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:36pm
naw i dun agree...datz wack..den ppl cud juss exploit da newbies n stack up wins..badddd idea..u shudnt have 2 battle unless u wanna...i been here almost a eyar now n i aint neva battled yet..y shud i have 2 start now

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:37pm
How bout insted of declining all the time set a date?

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:40pm

Cash said he was gonna battle wc later in the year, just not right now.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:40pm

No, but would you be as proud of your record with an L in the column?

lol...i could honestly care less (its just the internet and more importantly its JUST hair). Its not like i brag to my friends about my battle record on a hair website.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:43pm
When you decline people for a battle it says you dont respect them as a competitor.

Like when Ced Clark Declined you.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Posted By: BIG-
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:46pm
lol

-------------
[IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9080/wezzy4bi4.jpg" />
[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/kekon14/lil-2.jpg" />

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:49pm

When you decline people for a battle it says you dont respect them as a competitor.

Like when Ced Clark Declined you.

Thats what it sounds like but ultimately its his rep on the line and if he says no then thats what it is.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: Gvyll
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:54pm
So basically u have no choice but to battle.....this isnt some type of Army organization

I agree with u in alot of things Ant but this idea isnt that logical.

-------------
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:11pm

No it just means that they don't feel like battling.

If tsoh asked to battle me today, i'd decline his offer just like anyone elses and i probably have the more respect for him than anyone else on here.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:12pm

And I understand that there are people wanting to battle me but its not just gonna happen right now because i already announced that i was on a break (And try battling others...I've single handedly had about as many if not more 1 on 1 battles than there are in the battle forum).

I already have a confirmed list of people that i'll be battlin and it'll happen when i feel like postin pics. I guess you'd really get upset if i told ya that i wouldn't be posted pics til my 1 year anniversary on this site  :-P

-------------

Posted By: S.C. King
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:37pm
hell no this rule would be stupid!!! i mean suppsoe a complete newbie comes on here and says hey i wanna battle cash and he haz sum srry waves and u say no then the newbie gets a victory!!! hell no!!!

-------------
http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005022306508046141">

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by S.C. King S.C. King wrote:

hell no this rule would be stupid!!! i mean suppsoe a complete newbie comes on here and says hey i wanna battle cash and he haz sum srry waves and u say no then the newbie gets a victory!!! hell no!!!

Exactly

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:50pm
Who respects a noob? The people thats feelin me is confident in their waves and aint trippin and want to part of something exciting.

Of course all of the flaws need to be worked out that's why were having this discussion.

I respect all feedbacks on this issue. Just think about it.

Secondly, if not my idea. Than what would you do to help promote battles?

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:53pm

^^, I dont mind that idea but then things can transpire during the supposed battle period. I cant speak for everyone but well here's an example: If someone wanted to battle me now or in the next 2months Id have to decline. Im home from school now and at the end of the month I go back and im bringing my daughter with me. I know for a fact my schedule won't be as free as it is right now. So only time will tell.

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:55pm
I'm selling myself if anybody wants to batlle they know I'm down at any time I'll battle right now if I was challenged!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:01pm
Cash no offense but you new pics gone look like the ones you already got.

Complementing//. Your waves can't get any better, your maxed out.

The only thing you can do is show more angles and get a different cut. Other than that I don't expect to see much difference, formation damn near perfect.

Regardless it will still be interesting to see.

I want to be on the list of people you have to battle by the way. Let me know who I'm behind in line.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:08pm

Cash no offense but you new pics gone look like the ones you already got.

Complementing//. Your waves can't get any better, your maxed out.

The only thing you can do is show more angles and get a different cut. Other than that I don't expect to see much difference, formation damn near perfect.

Regardless it will still be interesting to see.

I want to be on the list of people you have to battle by the way. Let me know who I'm behind in line.

I agree with this. As much wolfin as Cash does I think he's 2 the point where after each wolfin session he'll c little or no improvement. There isn't really much room for his waves 2 get any better. The only difference would b picture angles, lighting, and a different cut.

-------------

Posted By: Meji
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:09pm
LOOK TWO PEOPLE SHOULD AGREEE...IF CASH ASKED ME TO BATTLE ID SAY NO

NOW ACCEPTING AND THEN RETREATING IS WACK. AND SHOULD BE A LOSS.

BUT DECLINING IS STR8

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:16pm
I already see where this is going. People gone start doing what if battles.

There's enough pics of everyone on here floating around, for someone to do a what if battle.

I oppose the idea, but that would be the next best thing to the real deal.

What if?
I know its sounds whack but what if someone accumalated your pics and put you up to battle against another ghost waver just to see what the people will vote for.

People do it all the time with mixed tapes

Lil wayne vs. Jay z. For example

What if?

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:21pm

What if?
I know its sounds whack but what if someone accumalated your pics and put you up to battle against another ghost waver just to see what the people will vote for.

People do it all the time with mixed tapes

Lil wayne vs. Jay z. For example

What if?

Yea but people dont actually count those as a loss because it wasn't an official battle.

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:32pm
True, if I died today and somebody was like damn I was I could have battled Ant before he past away. If somebody got some of my pics battle his azz. Lol

I don't want to leave no what ifs behind. Pics last forever.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:41pm
LOL. I got u

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 7:02pm
Like what 50 said I would rather die like a man than live like a coward!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: Willie SKRILLA
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 7:19pm
Like I said this is the last stand
But after this is over you ain't gonna be going on American Bandstand
- Jordan Wood

-------------
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:14pm

Sounds good to me bruh...So far i have rematches with Supa, chris, tsoh (after he comes back with pics), WC, and someone else (i forgot tho) sometime next year.

But i'll be makin a thread for people to list their namesif they want to battle me (it'll be a lot more people cuz by the time i come back some current newbs will be spinnin)

-------------

Posted By: LDIZL
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:51pm
this is dumb
Cash has said in the past
he aint postin new pics up till a specific date
its not a secret we've all seen the post (not sure the exact date)
yall makin somethin serious outta nothing.. dub c and cash will battle
sometime down the road.. cash aint tryna cop out he just aint ready post up pics. P.S.. im a lil drunk ill edit this "again" in the morning

-------------
Click @ Joor Own Risk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtWLoEwQAY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtWLoEwQAY

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:52pm
Sounds good.

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:53pm

I would ask to be put on that list but aint no guarantees that you gon win all those battles I'll be waiting in the cut for you though just in case!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 9:58pm
lol...I'mma use "special pics" just 4 u^
*i'll use a paparazzi type of camera* 

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:00pm
Why's this site so dead??? I mean...i supposed to be studying/ making my cheat sheet but i don't feel like it :-(

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:02pm

This site is dead because people declining battles. LOL

-------------
Email Me[/EMAIL]

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

lol...I'mma use "special pics" just 4 u^
*i'll use a paparazzi type of camera* 

Lol I got a brand new 7.0 mega-pixel Canon powershot camera now so you will see the amazing detail of my waves and the "perfection" after my cut lol . I won't challenge you for awhile because you got alot on your plate.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:07pm
I never decline battles I take whatever anybody throws at me I can't speak for anybody else but I am a "battler" like my cousin before me.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:09pm
Thsi site is always dead at night now. I remember when I first joined nightime was the only time to use it. Man yall gonna be suprised when I battle Chris though. I been putting in work.

-------------
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:10pm
I cant wait to see!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by jamaicakid85 jamaicakid85 wrote:

I won't challenge you for awhile because you got alot on your plate.

Don't worry...i'm a big eater (Plus Chris and Supa will be seconds) lol  :-P

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:27pm
Lol be careful man especially withe Chris if he gets his connection down pat he can be potentially hazardous!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:33pm
I know...can't wait to see him by the time our battle drops

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:36pm

It will be very interesting I havent seen waves like that since my homeboy died.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:38pm
How did he die Army or Hood?

-------------
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:43pm
Hood.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:47pm
He got shot? 

-------------
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Posted By: chrisdog212
Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:54pm
trust me cash ill put in so much work
that ur new pics are gonna look like dead fish
so get ready >:D
my 1D smileys!

-------------

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:58pm
We gonna have to see about that at the weigh in.

-------------
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 11:05pm
ur not the only one brushin...I'm gettin back on my grind. By the way...i finally copped some doo grow...i love it. decent enough shine and my hair's thickening even more already

-------------

Date Posted: July 09 2007 at 11:14pm
Yeah he got shot.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:36am

So far i have rematches with Supa, chris, tsoh (after he comes back with pics), WC. . . 

Listen Cash, I didn't ask to be on a waiting list.  I challenged you to a battle yesterday, you chickened out so I'm done with you for now.

-------------
DUB-C

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:11am
lmao. Wow...but that's fine with me (i could really care less)

-------------

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:22am

lmao. Wow...but that's fine with me (i could really care less)

You care.  That's why you responded.

-------------
DUB-C

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:26am
no i responded cuz i'm bored

-------------

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:32am

no i responded cuz i'm bored

There you go again, Cash.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.

-------------
DUB-C

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:38am
this thread is funny

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:40am
This thread is dead .Angryarms

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: Don Twista
Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 10:35am
cudnt have said it better^

-------------

Posted By: Cj2022
Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 3:02pm
i think its a bad idea cuz people mite try 2 challenge sumbody less wavier den dem n since dey kno it itll b just a way 2 make dere winnin average betta

-------------
[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g317/cj2022/PICT0369.jpg" />

Date Posted: July 10 2007 at 3:54pm
That is true but if there is a rule that ever comes out like that there should be 5 people to judge to make sure its a fair match and if its not fair then the battle gets rejected!!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Print Page | Close Window