Print Page | Close Window

Boar Bristle Brushes...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54663
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:38pm

Topic: Boar Bristle Brushes...
Posted By: JB521
Subject: Boar Bristle Brushes...
Date Posted: July 14 2007 at 8:36am

I keep hearing that a natural Boar bristle brush is the most gentle on hair and is a "must have" in order to care for your hair....especially if trying to grow it.

I went to Ulta to look at their selection and all of them are too "soft" .....like I don't think it would even brush through my hair. I blow dry my hair 3X a week on low heat to style......I need a brush that will allow me to shape my hair and smooth it....

Any input on a good brush to use? And does anyone here with thick, long  hair use a Boar bristle brush?

Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: babycheeks24
Date Posted: July 14 2007 at 1:47pm
its great for straight hair i have curly and it does nothing but make it a nappy mess. But its good to help distribute oils in your hair, you dont have to use it as a styling brush more of a brush u can use before u go to bed just to massage the scalp and get the oils moving through your hair. Its still handy to have esp for you straight hairs.

-------------
Babycheeks

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:17pm
I've seen two different "varieties" of BBB's: those that have the bristles so densely packed that they don't go through anything, and those that more closely resemble any other brush, that have small tufts/sections of boar bristles, with plenty of space between the tufts, that allow the hair to actually be brushed.  I'd avoid the former.  I have one and consider it almost worthless.

And I will add that IMO, using any type of BBB is not necessary to grow your hair long.  What is most necessary to grow your hair long is gentle treatment.

-------------

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:28pm
it depends what type of hair you have if its straight its real good for a scalp massage/stimulator for cur DON'T USE BRUSHES PERIOD only if your brushing it back into a pony / up do...... but yes bor bristles are very gentle

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: tani-lai
Date Posted: August 03 2007 at 10:54am

Even with straight hair, I can't use a boar bristle brush--my hair is just too thick, and it feels like only the top layer is being brushed.  I did actually find a brush I love, made by conair--possibly the best brush I have found to date, and I've been questing for a while!

-------------

31"!!

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: August 03 2007 at 12:38pm
i find that a good comb and scalp massage wit fingers works just as well as fingers

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: August 03 2007 at 2:25pm
I've kind of gone anti-brush in the past few years. I don't find a purpose for them because wooden combs (Combmaker.com) distribute oils very well, and brushes just tended to put on unnecessary friction as Dave said. (Hi Dave! Smile Great sig)

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Print Page | Close Window