Print Page | Close Window

Record on the Russian?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Extension Topics
Forum Name: Hair Extensions
Forum Description: Hair Extensions can be the quick fix for short hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54856
Printed Date: May 15 2024 at 3:11pm

Topic: Record on the Russian?
Posted By: krimsa
Subject: Record on the Russian?
Date Posted: July 20 2007 at 9:36am
Those of you currently wearing the Russian hair or those that have worn it in the past I am wondering what is the record on length of time you were able to go before needing new hair. I mean needing new hair, not wanting new hair.

I ask because this hair seems so healthy it would go on indefinitely and never need replacing. Im sure ALL extension hair has its limits especially if you are doing heavy duty coloring or a lot of heat styling etc...but what is the longest you have gone not needing to replace the Russian?

Replies:
Posted By: malibu
Date Posted: July 20 2007 at 11:34am
I think until it starts getting split ends and you've trimmed it as much as you wanted to, is when you would need to replace it. But that goes for any virgin hair.

-------------

Date Posted: July 20 2007 at 11:54am
Right. I have been using a leave in on the ends and that seems to keep them nice but eventually they might start getting ragged.

Posted By: mokipono
Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 2:59am
The color has a lot to do with longevity. If it has been bleached of course it's not going to last as long as virgin hair. Virgin actual hand tied wefts can last up to 2 years, sometimes more...It depends if the hair was hand tied correctly, and taken care of properly.  Blonde colors usually last about a year, sometimes more, depending if the hair was lightened cautiously, and not over doing the bleach. Personally, I have never had a problem with split ends.

-------------
http://hawaiianhairextensions.com - http://hawaiianhairextensions.com

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 6:51am
yeah, very true. I think how the Russian works at least where i bought it from is they have certain virgin colors ranging from dark brown up to virgin blonde and also virgin auburn. So its only 5 base colors that are natural. If you want a paler blonde than what they have virgin, they take that blonde and then lighten it and change it to what you want.

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by mokipono mokipono wrote:

Personally, I have never had a problem with split ends.
Really? what's your secret?Smile

-------------

Posted By: mokipono
Date Posted: July 22 2007 at 2:31am
Hi Malibu,
When I buy hair for wefts I always order a bit longer than what I will need. As soon as I am finished making the weft I trim 2 inches off. I don't know why split ends don't happen for me. I always suggest the client DOES NOT trim her own hair. That way it blends better into the weft with no straight across cut line in the hair. Maybe my clients have split end problems, and just don't tell me? I don't know....
Although, Indian hair has a BIG problem with split ends. Let me paraphrase before anyone lets the attack dogs out on me. Not every single pony tail from India has split ends, just most of them, sorry, it's true.
If you are not sure about the quality of  hair you have.......Let me paraphrase, I am sure what you have is wonderful 100% virgin Russian European hair! This tip is not about any ones quality of hair. All the Russian hair I've seen, including Genes, has been absolutely beautiful, and obviously Russian hair.
To find out for sure if you have Russian hair....Bleach a strip of hair from roots to ends. Russian hair will always be darker at the roots lighter on the ends, and Indian hair will always be lighter at the roots darker at the ends. I've never done this test with processed hair so I'm not sure if it will work, but I think it probably won't matter. Another difference in hair....occasionally when bleaching Indian hair it will get really hot for a while. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's always the Indian hair.

-------------
http://hawaiianhairextensions.com - http://hawaiianhairextensions.com

Date Posted: July 22 2007 at 5:56am
Interesting. I think the Indian hair splits up so much because it’s normally processed and the cuticle layer stripped. I could be wrong but all I know is even the brand new Indian hair is no where near this texture.

If I had slightly thicker, courser hair, I would probably love the Indian texture and wear it all the time. But I have that silky fine thin mop so I NEED the Russian. It blends the best. It’s not even a blend per se; it just looks like my hair disappears into it. I’m thrilled and never got that with Indian or Asian hair.

I’m guessing this is real Russian hair because yes, when I look at it, the top is darker and the ends a little redder. Not much but you can see it. Even if it wasn’t Russian, I would say tell me what this hair is and I will never buy anything else lol.

Posted By: Divavocals
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:44am
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Interesting. I think the Indian hair splits up so much because it’s normally processed and the cuticle layer stripped. I could be wrong but all I know is even the brand new Indian hair is no where near this texture.
Not all Indian hair is processed and stripped.. There are PLENTY of available options for unprocessed Indian hair..

-------------
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:57am
I’m sure there is. I did not mean to imply ALL Indian hair is cuticle stripped and processed. I believe GL makes the claim their Indian hair is virgin. They refer to it as "Virgin Indian Temple Hair" I think. But I did try GL and the hair was nice to start off with and then went down hill quickly and I ended up throwing away this expensive hair after 3 months wear. I noticed it lost shine and became tangly after about a month and I was shampooing once a week with a sulfate free gentle shampoo so for me, it could very well just be a texture mismatch. That’s all I’m saying and sorry.

Posted By: kristiemlove
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:24am
Krimsa, Do you wear the hand tied Russian hair from Gene?

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:36am
Is it okay for me to answer that or I need to private you? I dont want drama lol.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:00am

I’m sure there is. I did not mean to imply ALL Indian hair is cuticle stripped and processed. I believe GL makes the claim their Indian hair is virgin. They refer to it as "Virgin Indian Temple Hair" I think. But I did try GL and the hair was nice to start off with and then went down hill quickly and I ended up throwing away this expensive hair after 3 months wear. I noticed it lost shine and became tangly after about a month and I was shampooing once a week with a sulfate free gentle shampoo so for me, it could very well just be a texture mismatch. That’s all I’m saying and sorry.
GL's only real claim on "Virgin Indian Temple Hair" is how the hair starts out.. All the literature on their site seems pretty upfront about the fact that they do proces the hair for color, and texture. GL isn't exactly sharing their process, but based on the latest reports apparently their processes are doing some level of damage to the hair which shortens it's lifespan.. However, all hair processed for color or texture isn't destined to become dry and tangly.. Just like chemically processed natural hair, I imagine it depends on the method used to process the hair.. Chemically processed hair isn't automatically cuticle stripped hair..

-------------
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:15am
I see. I guess i was a little annoyed though with the cost of GL hair and expected more out of it as far as longevity. Its really neither here nor there though. Im stuck with that bill on plastic now! lol. I am just happy I found something that worked for me personally.

Im not saying no way to Indian or Asian hair ever again also. What i was thinking i might even do at some point is maybe one weft of really nice virgin Indian if i could get my hands on some and then 2 wefts of Russian on the top levels. My thinking on that is the Indian would give it slightly more body underneath and then have the Russian layers up top. I dunno. maybe at some point.

Posted By: Ms.Honey
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:17pm

I see. I guess i was a little annoyed though with the cost of GL hair and expected more out of it as far as longevity. Its really neither here nor there though. Im stuck with that bill on plastic now! lol. I am just happy I found something that worked for me personally.

Im not saying no way to Indian or Asian hair ever again also. What i was thinking i might even do at some point is maybe one weft of really nice virgin Indian if i could get my hands on some and then 2 wefts of Russian on the top levels. My thinking on that is the Indian would give it slightly more body underneath and then have the Russian layers up top. I dunno. maybe at some point.

Hey Girlie. I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.
I do not believe that most hair labeled as Russian is truly Russian anyway. I think it's just plain fine textured hair, it's just a marketing ploy. Women hear Russian and lose the dang on minds. Why Russian, why not French or Canadian or British or American, how would we know. European? Maybe. Russian only? Please!

Find some fine textured hair and save yourself some money. They're probably using the same fine textured Indian remy I bought and quaddrupled the price!!

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:21pm
Oh and to add a little P.S. to the subject?
 Some black girls have very fine very silky hair that could be used by white girls with fine silky hair for extensions tooShocked

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:28pm
MsHoney, I dont care if this hair came off mules on a good diet in South America. Its is the best fine textured closest match to my own I have ever found. Its called Russian so what else are ya gonna call it? Ive worn Indian. Ive worn Asian and it has not lasted for me. This hair is like night and day in comparison. That is just fact.

If you told me this hair was Indian, I would say, great, where do I get more. I could not care less what title it has only that it works for me.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:45pm

they can call it what it is, fine textured hair. If you want to pay for a title more power to you, knock yourself out. But for those of you who just want hair that matches your hair's texture you CAN find less expensive hair that will match just as well and please remember it's just hair and somebody elses hair at that!!!!

We need to stop tripping and stop acting like it's the second coming of Christ. There are girls here who get great matches from synth hair too and are very happy with it. When it starts defining who we are then we need to take a step back and reevaluate because something is very very wrong.
IT'S JUST HAIR!!! I know women who've had various forms of hair loss and don't act as crazy as some women here do about HAIR that came off of some other womans head!!!

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 12:56pm
Okay point taken. Im sorry if it was misinterpreted that way. Its just nice hair and thats ALL it is. Lord, if i could find ANY other type hair that worked as well for me (once again ME) then I would be buying and wearing that. MSHoney I always like your input and you are very on top of the industry and know your stuff so I have the UTMOST respect for your opinion and Im sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I would just shut the thread down if its bothering people but Im not a mod and such.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 1:10pm
I'm just a girl who wears extensions like the other girls here. I glad you love your hair. It just pisses me off when SOME of these distributors use false advertising and women get ripped off.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 1:12pm
That would suck. Im already in debt now due to doing GL and then Hairlocs back to back like a mad woman. One good thing is I LOVE the weave thing and that is so much more cost efficient. Yes i will say it! WEAVES are great! heheh

Posted By: sherrie215
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 1:20pm

I dont care if this hair came off mules on a good diet in South America.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I have worn hair that was like having a squirrel a$$ on my head!LOL

-------------
www.hairextensions101.com - www.hairextensions101.com
www.mybeautyaddiction.com - www.mybeautyaddiction.com

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 1:22pm
And wouldnt it be funny if the "Russian" all this time was genetically engineered in some lab with super squirrels? That would explain the price tag at least hahah

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:39pm
Mshoney, what vendors sells this great quality Indian hair?

-------------

Posted By: Lill
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:40pm
Hello Krimsa! Could you tell me what hairextensions do you exactly have? From where you did buy them. You can answer me on private and sorry about my bad english Embarrassed
Thanks a lot, Lill

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:41pm

mymaneattractions.com has a great reputation for their silky fine Indian hair and I bought mine from http://www.perfectlocks.com - www.perfectlocks.com

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:43pm
MsHoney I would like to know also where to get actual virgin Indian. If I could find it and know for certain it was unprocessed Indian, I would definitely give it a shot as a layer in this weave. When i wore Indian, I liked it for about a month and then it went to hell. Thats all im saying so the virgin has to be found somewhere.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:57pm
  You have to ask around. I never go by what the vendor says they want your money even the reputable ones but how could you tell the difference. Mokipono?? has a way to test for remy hair on her site.
   http://www.remyhairtoday.com - www.remyhairtoday.com , http://www.mymaneattractions.com - www.mymaneattractions.com , and  http://www.halleyscurls.com - www.halleyscurls.com these are the ones I've researched and they had great reviews. I've talked to people who've used them and they recommended them to me. Perfectlocks.com didn't have any reviews good or bad when I bought it. I have fine textured hair, naturally curly and when I flat iron it,depending on how straight I make it, I can where just about any fine textured hair.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Posted By: Lill
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:57pm
Thank you too, MsHoney Tongue
But I am still interested about Krimsa`s very good Russian Hair. What is the good company where to by this kind of hair?

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:31pm
Thanks Mshoney! I'm going to look into that. Have you heard anything about trueindianhairs.com? I spoke to Karen, I think she's the owner, and she said her hair is virgin too. I'm curious about her product. She sent me a sample and it was lovely but it was too straight. My hair has a wavy frizzy thing going so I'd like to match that. 

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:41pm
Hey Malibu. I'm not sure but I THINK some girls on BHM had some problems with them but I may be getting them mixed up with someone else. Check there. Have you searched here? The name sounds familiar.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:51pm
Thanks MsHoney. Now I know at least where to start for remy Indian. I had just concluded they processed it all to make it a caucasian match. That was my main concern with it.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:53pm

It's always good when you find hair that works for you!Tongue 

My point was similar to MsHoney's.. quality of hair has nothing to do with the ethnic orgin of the hair.. A lot of the programmers I work with are either Asian or Indian.. To say all Indian hair or ALL Asian hair is any ONE thing or another is too broad.. I've yet to see some of those generalizations really apply to the Indian and Asian people I've known... I've also seen women wearing Indian and Asian hair that is simply beautiful.. I have also worn LOTS of Indian & Asian hair that is beautiful..

MsHoney is right.. There are plenty of options out there of vendors selling ALL kinds of high quality hair. So the real trick IMO is to find hair that suits your personal style and budget.. 

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:57pm
Once again I agree and Im not sure where ethnic origion came from in these posts? Its called russian hair. That is the name of the hair. I dont know what else I can call it?

And yes, I like this hair because it is a match to my own. I cant really afford it but I can if I do sew ins and in that case its costing me less than any other method Ive done when using Indian or Asian hair. It balances out for me. My main concern is virgin quality and I have had no luck finding that in the Indian as of yet.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:59pm

Thanks MsHoney. Now I know at least where to start for remy Indian. I had just concluded they processed it all to make it a caucasian match. That was my main concern with it.
Not true at all.. Remember that there are more than just caucasian women wearing Indian hair. A quick look around BHM will confirm that for you..Tongue I can tell you FIRST hand that women with Afro textured hair are NOT looking for Caucasian textured hair.. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:00pm

Once again I agree and Im not sure where ethnic origion came from in these posts? Its called russian hair. That is the name of the hair. I dont know what else I can call it?
I used the term "ethnic origin" because Russian, Indian and Asian imply an ethnic orgin..

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:04pm
I said I had concluded that as I could NOT find it unprocessed. Every hair extension system I tried was using processed Indian or Asian hair. When i say processed I mean they were doing something to it. I was told its called an acid bath that strips the cuticle layer and then they use a silicone coating to replace shine and sheen. This made sense because it looked nice at first and then started to matt and tangle and this was because the silicone washes off. This was ALL I was able to find in the way of Indian hair so I became frustrated and didnt want to keep spending money on it, especially when it didnt totally match me and didnt hold up. I dont have money for that. This is all based on MY own years of wearing extensions. Its only recently that I have learned about virgin Russian hair and I read about it on the hair 101 on this site in fact.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:05pm
  Krimsa, they're implying that their hair comes from Russian women. I'm not sure about this particular vendor, it's been a while since I've been to that website but when vendors say Russian they're referring to the ethnicity of the donor. Just like with  virgin Indian remy hair, they're claiming it's from Indian virgins (just kidding) they're claiming that their product comes from Indian women who have not chemically treated their hair ever and that the cuticles have not been stripped.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:08pm
Okay and so...whats the problem? Indian hair is Indian hair Russian hair is Russian hair. I dont even care. The word I care about is the virgin part. I dont care if the donor has had sex or not lol sorry. i mean I just want hair that was grown and cut. It could have come from a 3 eyed purple person from jupiter really.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

Krimsa, they're implying that their hair comes from Russian women. I'm not sure about this particular vendor, it's been a while since I've been to that website but when vendors say Russian they're referring to the ethnicity of the donor. Just like with  virgin Indian remy hair, they're claiming it's from Indian virgins (just kidding) they're claiming that their product comes from Indian women who have not chemically treated their hair ever and that the cuticles have not been stripped.
Agreed.. THIS is what I meant by "ethnic orgin".

Krimsa, unprocessed Indian hair is really available out there.. There are A LOT of good vendors who do sell unprocessed Indian hair.. Specialize in it in fact.. You will have to do a little research.. MsHoney has provided some vendor names.. There are MANY more on BHM if you are willing to do a little searching and research.. The point is they are there.. Good luck..Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:11pm
 There is nothing wrong with Russian hair. What I'm saying is that you can get hair that matches your hair that's not from Russian women.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:14pm

Okay and so...whats the problem? Indian hair is Indian hair Russian hair is Russian hair. I dont even care. The word I care about is the virgin part.
I think that was the point of MsHoney's earlier posts.. It certainly was the point of mine.. Plenty of options for purchasing virgin hair regardless of whether it's Asian, or Indian.. A little research is all it takes to find 'em..Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:17pm
Good to know. Before she listed those vendors I did not know where to look. I did some searching before I got clued into the Russian but it was overwhelming and because I was gun shy from past experience, I decided not to go with it. I just didnt want another disspointment. Like i said a ways up on the post, if I could find one virgin, unprocessed Indian weft, I would try adding it at some point.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:17pm
and there is nothing wrong with processed hair. It can be processed with no damage and be beautiful to the touch and to the eye. It just depends on who you're buying from. Even reputed dealers can stick you with a bad batch but they usually will except a return in that case.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:19pm
Just curious have either one of you felt a sample of the Russian hair? You can get them free.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:28pm

Hey Malibu. I'm not sure but I THINK some girls on BHM had some problems with them but I may be getting them mixed up with someone else. Check there. Have you searched here? The name sounds familiar.

It sounds like someone had issues with the return policy but I didn't see a review on the actual hair....hmmmm

I don't know. The sample was very nice and Karen's customer service has been great (imo) but I haven't purchased anything yet. What's frustrating is I used to live right near her salon and now I'm on the other side of the countryAngry

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:29pm
yes, we have touched Russian hair

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

It sounds like someone had issues with the return policy but I didn't see a review on the actual hair....hmmmm

I don't know. The sample was very nice and Karen's customer service has been great (imo) but I haven't purchased anything yet. What's frustrating is I used to live right near her salon and now I'm on the other side of the countryAngry

ask girlLOL. Those BHM girls know everything, see if anyone has had any problems with them. Use paypal or your credit card. If you buy it with paypal you're pretty much covered if it's crapLOL.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 6:16pm

Just curious have either one of you felt a sample of the Russian hair? You can get them free.
How do I put this??LOLLOL I'm a black woman, and silky fine textured hair will be NEVER be a match to my own natural hair..

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 6:30pm
I was just wondering Diva. Please dont take offense. i just thought it would help if you knew what it felt like. Its very slippery and almost thin in texture. Thats how my hair is. Its crappy truth be told. My growing hair that is so that is why I cant match it to Indian very well. I just thought that might help to make this more clear.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:03pm
you have said that you haven't tried virgin indian hair let alone silky fine textured virgin indian remy hair so how do you know that it doesn't match well. Oh and Miss Kristie I've read your DIYE post.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:12pm

I was just wondering Diva. Please dont take offense. i just thought it would help if you knew what it felt like. Its very slippery and almost thin in texture. Thats how my hair is. Its crappy truth be told. My growing hair that is so that is why I cant match it to Indian very well. I just thought that might help to make this more clear.
No offense taken at all.. If the Russian hair works for you then stick with it.. I'm always all for ANYONE having a happy hair day however and WHATEVER gets you there.. I'm not in the market for silky caucasian hair (as I obviously don't have silky fine hair), so there would be no reason for me to check out a texture I will not be using.. Hope that clears that up for you..Tongue My previous comments were simply to address your posts about the LACK of virgin Indian hair, and to let you know that IF you are really interested in VIRGIN Indian hair, that it is available and not as elusive as the lost ark so to speak..Big%20smile 

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:17pm
Why are you acting so acusatory towards me?? I dont understand what I said to make anyone angry. I said I have tried many different extension methods that use Indian hair. I have never been able to find virgin Indian unless you count GL and now Im hearing that is not virgin and they do something to it to make it blend easier with finer hair. If I could find it, I would try. Why do you think I asked?? And no I have never been able to get a truly good match with the Indian. It looks okay and passable at first when its silkier but then as I have stated, it seems to change and I am guessing that is because I have never been able to find virgin Indian. When I say virgin I mean not processed at all. Also, it feels like two differnt textures to the feel even brand new. Its not horrible but you can tell a differance. With the hair Im wearing now, you cant at all. Thats why I prefer it. But if I could get a weft of virgin Indian I would be interested to see if i could blend it for slightly more fullness but as of now Im happy with this hair so it would be maybe a few installs down the line. If anything I was asking for help.

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:21pm

Angry?? I'm sorry.. Can you clarify this statement?? I've re-read this post, and I can't see ANYTHING in this thread which rises to the level of being described as angry..Confused

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:26pm
I CANNOT believe some of the people on this board!!!!!  Who the hell cares...as long as SHE likes it!!!!!!  If I could find a match that I liked so much, I would NEVER switch.  Good for you, Krimsa, that you found something you like so much!  And what is "expensive"????  If you look at it as p.p.w. (price per wearing) and you get 6 months, you are looking at only a couple bucks a day.  I guarantee I would spend that to make every day a good hair day.  I spend more on my COFFEE each day.  Krimsa, I am so sorry.  I feel responsible for even asking. WOW!!!! 

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:27pm
Well thats good to know. It just sounds like annoyance with me and I dont intend to make anyone annoyed. Look, I saw the vendors posted for the virgin Indian. I actually bookmarked two of those and might see if I can get a sample sent. I have nothing against Indian hair. Maybe that is the assumption?? Its like buying a car. You might try the Honda and its nice but doesnt have all the features you need and then you try a Mazda and it just suits you better. Thats how it is here with the hair.

Okay thats it Im done. Who would have known this would go on like this. Anyway, I do apologize if i rubbed anyone the wrong way. This hair would not suit everyone of course not. Even if you have fine hair, you might not like it as its thinner.   

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:28pm
Oh Kristiemlove, she's gonna get more than 6 months out of that hair for sure!

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:29pm
  no one's angry or accusing you of anything. If the hair works for you, wear it. But know this, there are white girls HERE who use Indian remy hair and have posted pics even one lovely young lady who has an avatar pic with it in her hair.
  Oh and another P.S.? There are other sites that sell Russian hairShocked 

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:32pm
Defintely Malibu!  I was just going on the safe side so as to not start ANOTHER debate!

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:33pm
Kristie, if you found? I thought you've found your hair equivalent to a screaming orgasm already. Please don't try that passive aggresive crap and then say what, who me? Direct it to whom you mean to direct it to.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:33pm

no one's angry or accusing you of anything. If the hair works for you, wear it.
Agreed.. I don't know where anyone got the idea that ANYONE was angry..

lost

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:42pm
Mshoney, you would be right on the money about Kristie being passive aggressive. Give yourself a MAJOR pat on the back for hitting the nail on the head with that!!! But Kristiemlove is not the same as Kristie m. I know on Kristie's DIY site she creates several avatars acting like different people but I don't think she was able to do that here.

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:52pm

Kristie, if you found? I thought you've found your hair equivalent to a screaming orgasm already. Please don't try that passive aggresive crap and then say what, who me? Direct it to whom you mean to direct it to.

Yes, MSHONEY, I have found hair that I love, in certain colors.  And then there are certain colors, but it certainly does not last me 6 - 12 months.  I am getting MAYBE 1-2 months wear out of it and the company I JUST found does not carry my color.  I am not at the point that I have tried enough hair to know what I will absolutely be in love with for a long time, so no passive aggressive crap here.  Not sure what THAT comment was all about.  To find  hair that is a color and blending match AND has longevity, I have yet to find.  I wear 3 colors.  I have my "screaming orgasm" hair in 2 colors.  I have yet to find it in my blonde.  THAT is a continual search. 

In regards to whom this was directed to, it is directed at anybody who gives Krimsa grief and a line of directives based upon a choice she is so well pleased.  Not sure why YOU took it so personally. 

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:54pm
No, we are not the same.  I am Kristie M. Love from Dallas.  Thank you, Malibu.  Kristiem warned me of that from the beginning.  Now I know what she was referring to.  YIKES!!!!

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:55pm
Malibu, they may be different people but it's too big of a coincidence. Why reference the vendors name? It seems to me that an alter ego is being used so she can use the name and not have her butt banned from HB permanently. Just another way to start crap , but I could be wrong.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:57pm
WOW!!!!  Ha ha! I wear Florence and Jetset.  Is that what she wears?

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:00pm
since you are not the same and talked to the other Kristie then you KNOW what happened and you KNOW what mess it caused so WHY would you start that mess up again.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:05pm
I know NOTHING of what happened.  I do not know what you are even talking about.  All she ever said to me was people might get us confused with our names.  That is all. I don't know any story!!!!!!  I literally have NO CLUE what you are talking about!

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:12pm
whatever.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Posted By: asinnamon
Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:42pm

Holy crap!  I'm getting so sick of this high school crap at these hair forums.  Get over it ladies, it's a computer for christ sake!

krimsa - I'm glad you love your russian!  How is that sew in coming along?   After the cooler weather gets here I may go see your gal, dunno though, dorchester is a little scary for me ;)  Maybe we could get together for a hair date?? 

I've been wearing my russian, for...oh I dunno.  I had my wefts in for 1 three week install and now I'm going on 2 more weeks with this install(I replace my tapes every 3 weeks) and still no signs of the slightest trouble.  When I see a split end I start to panic, but then find out it's mine and feel better.  My wefts I colored too.  I have bulk in on the sides that I tipped myself that is still virgin and it's still perfect too, but it's only been 2 ish weeks.  I dont forsee any troubles, ofcourse except for the credit card bill....

I'm sure you could find a weft of indian, tho I don't know that virgin would be the way to go.  I don't care what quality indian hair you get, it will not match the fine sleek texture of the russian(unless you got wavy russian, then I'm not sure??), but you would get a bit more volume out of the indian.  I have gotten virgin indian in the past and would not again.  It's not as 'clean' as processed hair, meaning it may have nits in it.  Not really a big deal, but it still gives me the willys.  I also notice an oder w/ the virgin indian that doesn't seem to leave.  I don't notice that as much with processed indian.  I am very sensetive to smells tho, and I can already see the eyes rolling out there.  LOL 

If you are wearing straight hair, maybe try a weft of asian to add some bulk.  The elite supreme gold from shrinkies.net is fabulous hair, but rarely in stock.  But she has virgin asian in hand tied wefts that is pretty too and inexpensive to boot.  Again, it's more coarse then the russian, but still soft and fine.  Wagman primus has nice indian hair, and I would say the best wefts out there, no fold ever beard.  The hair isn't virgin, it has been processed for texture.  It's nice hair tho and can stand up to whatever you put it thru.  It's pretty clean, but does smell funk in the beginning.  I think you can order in 4 ounce packs now too instead of a pound, not sure tho.  I should be getting an updated price list tomorrow, but you can get samples sent to you.  They send a nice little box with a sample of each texture in ther natural color prem. wefted hair. 

Hope that helps!  I for one am sorry these russian hair conversations always blow up into a storm.  It's ridiculous and makes me angry.  I think we should be able to ask questions about any hair extension product out there and get answers. 

Edited because I re-read posts.

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:30pm
Hi Asinnamon. The hair I received was washed. What exactly does the Indian women's natural hair smell like? What type of funk does their hair carry? I've never noticed it. And the lice, do many Indian women have lice infested hair? I never noticed that either. I have a dance class with an Indian woman. Saturday I'm going to go right up to her and smell her hair and check for lice. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to bring her one of those lice rid kits just to be on the safe side.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:42pm
I'm going to say this again.. I have read over this entire thread, and I'm trying to understand WHO exactly is supposed to be angry here?? It seems to me the only angry posts in this thread are from those who are insisting that this has been an angry thread.. and I just don't get it it.. I thought this was a civilized conversation, not a firestorm.. I thought we were exchanging information.. Somebody clue me in to the "angry" part of this thread?? Confused

-------------

Date Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:49pm
You can disagree without being angry, at least sane people can. I'm not angry at all. BUT you are not going to tell me that hair that I've held in my hands, looked at with my own eyes and touched and felt myself will not work when it can. ESPECIALLY when YOU say that you haven't had it.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 8:53am
Ms. Honey, how can you tell me indian hair will work for me when you haven't held my hair in your hands and seen it with your own eyes?   Do a search on here about nits and you will find a lot of info.  I have gotten hair from aphrodite(banned from here), Lush, and wagman.  The wagman was by far the cleanest even tho it did have a few nits here and there, I should know, I tipped a pound of the bulk.  The lush had nits and the hair from aphrodite was LOADED with them.  And smell, even now I could go upstairs, get out the wagman which I have sitting in a bag and it would still have a heavy odor to it.  Nits are not lice, they the shell from a lice egg.  I would love to see this holy grail of indian hair, send me a sample, if it matches my hair, I'll stand corrected.  I'm sure it's cheaper then the russian!! 

DivaV, I don't see anything inflammatory with your posts.  I think Ms. Honey was the one who added flame to the fire by implying we should all just buy indian hair because it'll match us just fine and what we bought as russian probably wasn't russian anyway and we were just paying too much for hair that was probably mis-represented.  She may not have meant it to sound the way it did(atleast to me), but it came across as being flip I think.  Sorry Honey, but thats how I read it. 

-------------

Posted By: Naked Eye
Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:14am
Whoa whoa whoaaa...

Ok, everyone, I don't think anyone was mad first of all. Krim-No one was upset with you for what you used.

I'm going to add what I "Believe" everyone was trying to get across here:

You said that you couldn't find any Indian hair that worked for you, everyone was just simply trying to say there IS good indian out there that might work, you just may have not found it yet.

I believe they were simply giving hope, not trying to put you down for using Russian or anything along those lines.

Everyone seems to put on their defensive panties on when it comes to Russian hair topics.

Here's all I am saying, like I have said 100,000 times before, if you find hair that works for you, GREAT!

But also, I believe that there is in general more indian hair out there, but like anything else, there can be bad indian hair, and there is good indian hair.

Same with russian or asian, or whatever. But bottom line, I think there's more BAD indian hair out there than bad russian hair, just simply because there is more indian hair out there period. I think just because you've had bad experiences doesn't mean that nothing will work for you.

But again, if you are using Russian hair and love it, great. Like other's said, if I could comb my dogs and wear that on my head and it would look great, I would do it! I don't think anyone cares where it comes from, as long as it looks awesome.

Everyone please breathe.

Edit: My spelling is horrible!!

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 11:23am
I love it when people point fingers saying this is high school "crap" yet they jump in with long long posts, edits and re-writes, only to pursue the high school "crap".

Just for the record, Aphrodite was banned because she was advertising, blatantly.

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 12:00pm

Thanks Naked Eye, that's exactly what I was saying.

Krimsa- as I repeatedly said and was trying to make understood was that there is nothing wrong with Russian hair but that it's probably not all Russian hair that's being sold and that there are other caucasian women who sell their hair and that the important thing was not that it's from Russia itself BUT that the hair is fine textured enough to match caucasian hair and that I owned some VIRGIN Indian hair and  that it would match caucasian hair and I was sure you could find some or anyone who was inclined to look for it could find some that would match their hair.

Asinnamon- You said that you've read the post, you should re-read them. I never said that anyone should buy Indian hair and I REPEATLY said that there is nothing wrong with Russian hair. What was stated by other posters was that NO Indian hair would match fine textured caucasian hair AND I said that wasn't true. What was stated by some other posters was that all Indian hair was processed and THAT is also not true. There IS virgin Indian hair and there is ALSO virgin Asian hair. I didn't tell YOU that it would match your hair.  I said that there is silky,fine textured VIRGIN INDIAN REMY hair out there that would match silky fine textured caucasian hair and that I was sure that the posters could find some to match their's NOT" Don't buy Russian hair it's ALL fake"!!!!!!
You came into this post HOURS after the last post AND after the situation had been diffused. There were PM'S sent between me and another poster here and hopefully some things were cleared up. But you came in like a bull in a china shop.
 I don't care what you wear in your hair or who you bought your hair from. I do not care what will and will not match your hair. I do not know you. 
  ALL INDIAN HAIR DOES NOT HAVE AN ODOR, NOR DOES IT HAVE NITS. I obviously know what nits are if I can suggest buying a lice remover kit. Is it possible that you've bought your hair from vendors that didn't care enough about their customers to clean the hair? Is it possible that if these same vendors sold Russian or OTHER European hair or Asian, Brazilian, etc. that the hair would have an odor and nits?

I don't understand how a people can make such a broad general sweeping statements about a product because they've had problems with just a few cruddy dealers and have admittedly stated that they have never seen the type of hair I was talking about and said that it would not match ANY caucasian hair. OR have bought dirty hair and say that Indian hair has an odor and nits. OR that they've bought hair that THEY assumed was virgin which was found out by reading the sites info (simple right?) that it's not and bought other hair SYSTEMS with virgin hair (by reading again) that the has was not virgin say that ALL Indian hair was processed.
  No one can be blamed for misunderstanding BUT after the facts had been pointed out, for OTHERS, to continually repeat the SAME misinformation?????? And THEY not I became angry, defensive and insulting after their misinformed beliefs were said to be incorrect. 
 As far as I can tell the argument, not angry exchange, here was not that ALL Russian hair was not really Russian but SOME Russian hair vendors were probably selling hair from other sources. Find out their source and buy from them for cheaper prices, it's probably what most women are buying anyway.
  There are almost a billion people in India which justifies the amount of Indian hair bought and sold, there are not as many people in Russia itself. At the rate, the sheer amount of "RUSSIAN" hair that is being sold, but still being touted as rare to find, and for as many years that it has been sold and considering that it takes YEARS for hair to grow to the lengths that are being sold, do you really,really believe that ALL of that VIRGIN hair is coming from "RUSSIAN" citizens? Just about every Russian man, woman and child would be walking around either bald or with short hair because they've sold it. The number just don't add up. 
  Oh and another thing? ALL CAUCASIAN WOMEN DO NOT HAVE FINE NOR SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR.  Some have kinky hair, some have thick course hair, some have curly and even coily tight curly hair, some have frizzy hair. ALL INDIAN WOMEN DO NOT HAVE THICK COURSE WAVY, KINKY OR CURLY HAIR. Some have SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR. ALL BLACK WOMEN DO NOT HAVE KINKY COURSE THICK HAIR. Some have NATURALLY wavy hair, some have curly hair, some have bone straight hair AND SOME HAVE SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of us even have blonde hair and blues eyes and are not Bi-racial.Shocked What?

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

I love it when people point fingers saying this is high school "crap" yet they jump in with long long posts, edits and re-writes, only to pursue the high school "crap".

Exactly!! And I do believe that my post is the longest yetLOLLOL 

Can't we all just get along KissesLOLLOLLOL

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY 
<DIV>Hey Girlie. I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair. </DIV>
<DIV>I do not believe that most hair labeled as Russian is truly Russian anyway. I think it's just plain fine textured hair, it's just a marketing ploy. Women hear Russian and lose the dang on minds. Why Russian, why not French or Canadian or British or American, how would we know. European? Maybe. Russian only? Please!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Find some fine textured hair and save yourself some money. They're probably using the same fine textured Indian remy I bought and quaddrupled the price!!</DIV>[/QUOTE MSHONEY
Hey Girlie. I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.
I do not believe that most hair labeled as Russian is truly Russian anyway. I think it's just plain fine textured hair, it's just a marketing ploy. Women hear Russian and lose the dang on minds. Why Russian, why not French or Canadian or British or American, how would we know. European? Maybe. Russian only? Please!

Find some fine textured hair and save yourself some money. They're probably using the same fine textured Indian remy I bought and quaddrupled the price!!
[/QUOTE wrote:

What rubbed me the wrong way was this:  I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.

How do you know?

No, not EVERY indian woman has lice, I know that.  As I stated, I have found nits on the majority of the indian hair I have used.  My own experience!  I made NO broad generalizations.

Oh, and yes, sorry I came 'late' to the conversation, I didnt know I wasn't allowed to answer questions on my own time, forgive me. 

Sorry I

What rubbed me the wrong way was this:  I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.

How do you know?

No, not EVERY indian woman has lice, I know that.  As I stated, I have found nits on the majority of the indian hair I have used.  My own experience!  I made NO broad generalizations.

Oh, and yes, sorry I came 'late' to the conversation, I didnt know I wasn't allowed to answer questions on my own time, forgive me. 

Sorry I'll just take my bullish ass and go lick my wounds.  OuchLOL

edited cause I'm not a comuter know it and I messed up the quote somehow

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:40pm
whatever.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:17am
Just one comment I wanted to make about lice and nits on extension hair. Let me just preface it with I’m not an expert on the matter and I have never purchased extension hair that had lice on it (knock on wood).

My guess would be you run a higher risk of this happening if you in fact buy virgin hair. That could be Euro, Indian, or Asian, any of it. I come to this conclusion because virgin hair (at least in theory) has not had any chemical processes done to it prior to the consumer getting it. The chemicals used on the hair or the coloring or whatever else they do would more than likely kill the lice provided it did not become re-infested somehow. I could be way off but that is what I’m guessing.

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:36am

Hey Krimsa, I think that it comes more from the way the hair is cleaned down the line.

The donor donates his or her hair. It's tied and then cut straight from their heads. The first handler cleans it with shampoo, I can't remember the brand (Prell, Suave or something we use here) dries and sells it, no nit removal. Later down the line past other handlers, it reaches your vendors. The ones who care will go through, check for nits and remove any if found, split ends, hair quality etc. and do a final shampoo and conditioner, some may still go unseen, human error and all. Those who don't care or who may not have the manpower will send it out as is.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:48am
Hey guys, I was so tired last night I had to go to bed early. All that anger I was expressing and that rubbing on Assinamon ( I was rubbing her against the grain which caused me to rub her the wrong way, I should have rubbed her according to her grain patternDuh) which is very exhausting.

Anywhooo...

Asinamon- I was not saying that the hair I own, have in my possession, will match any caucasian texture, I was saying that INDIAN hair will match any caucasian texture. It comes in MANY textures, fine is just one of them.

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 10:55am
Thanks MsHoney. I got lice once as a little kid in elementary school and it sucks! It itches like hell. Little kids get it a lot and then you get sent home with a note for your parents to deal. The problem is not all the parents take care of it and then one kid gets cleaned and others still have it and then all the clean heads get it again. It can go on and on lol.

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 11:03am
I know, it totally freaks parents out. When the note comes, you go into code red and shut everything down. You clamp your kid between your thighs and go on the hunt. You know how they show monkey's grooming each other for hours at a time? They have nothing on a mom on lice alert, except for the bug eating partLOL

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:03pm
LOL, yep exactly. I cant remember what my mom put on me but it was probably something from the drugstore. I remembered it smelled pretty bad and you start to wonder whats worse! The bugs or the cleaning solvent on your head! Some people use motor oil. I know that works on animal fur because it drowns the mites but on a human hair folicle, you are probably better off getting something at the drugstore.

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:21pm
Hair spray would probably work too. I know it kills crabs, so I've heardLOLLOL I think it probably coats and smothers them.LOL 

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 5:13pm
That would probably work also. I raise rabbits and I have used mineral oil down in their ears for mites and it seems to work. Thats not the same as lice though. Mites actually burrow in and they are hard to get rid of so oils seem to work best to smother them.

Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:06pm
we are wayyy off topic but maybe that's a good thingLOL What type of rabbits do you breed? Is it true that you have to cut their teeth with a nail clipper or file because they grow so long or does that just depend on how and they're feed?

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 7:04am
I raise Palominos, New Zealands and Californians. They are big rabbits. You can file their teeth but usually they take care of it themselves by chewing on things so you can give them blocks of wood to do this. They can actually chew through chicken wire! If you have a pet rabbit, the best thing to do is keep their nails trimmed and handle them a lot so they stay used to hands. Also get them fixed like a dog or cat and that helps their temperament. Most any breed will make a good pet and it depends how you raise them. The lops are probably the ideal pet rabbits though because they just have a very calm docile nature.

Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 4:35pm

Have you ever been over to the dogs,cats and pets forum in  the Off Topics section? Folks over there are talking about their bunny's and rabbits.

As a matter of fact, how often do you guys check out the other forums here? I rarely remember to go over there but I posted a topic asking about the Brazilian Butt Lift over in the Cosmetic surgery boardLOLLOL

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 5:46pm
Ya know, I never look at the other forums on this sitebook
Brazilian Butt lift? There's always the poor man (undie) butt lift.

-------------

Date Posted: July 26 2007 at 6:00pm
I need something more permanent? I don't think Leo or Michael Jordan will settle for lessLOLLOLLOL

-------------
ALL EYES ON ME

Print Page | Close Window