Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=54894
Printed Date: September 21 2024 at 10:33pm

Topic: Need help!
Posted By: Trease
Subject: Need help!
Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 9:59am
Hi! I'm Trease & new here. I have a problem I'm hoping you can help me with. I have been coloring my hair with Revlon Colorsilk Ultra Natural Blonde for years & I'm having problems with it. I am a natural brunette, somewhere between a light brown & a medium brown. I would really like to go back to brown. I've tried to color it back to brown in the past, but it wouldn't take. I understand now that I need a filler. Here's my question: if I get it professionally done to get back to brown, is it possible to maintain it afterwards with a home haircolor product, like Natural Instincts? I would like to transition out of permanent hair color if I can. I would call the experts at Clairol, but since it's Saturday, they're closed & I'd like to take care of this today if I can. I would appreciate any help I can get with this. I can't afford to color my hair professionally on a permanent basis, I can only afford a one-shot deal. Another question: is there any way I can fix this problem with just Naural Instincts? If so, what shade would you suggest? Thanks for your help!

Replies:
Posted By: lovetocolor
Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 11:14am
go to sally's....you can get your brown filler and go from there....they have some demi colors and some semi colors....get it to the shade you want and then just do what you have to do w/demi semi colors....good luck.

-------------
happy coloring

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 11:17am
oh ya, ask "the right person" in at sallys for help...sometimes you get a lovely educated person that really likes to help w/color.  let me know how it went and all that....i am at home today and will check and see if you post more....i have been helped in a sallys a great deal....but you probably will need that brown filler.  keep me posted.

-------------
happy coloring

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 12:18pm
Thanks for your input. If I were to get it professionally done just once, would it be safe to maintain it with Natural Instincts (Sally not an option here!)

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 12:39pm
ya....you could go to salon and then find a shade that will be deposit only that they have out...loreal is i think, always a pretty good brand....go to someone who knows that they are doing in the coloring dept.  good luck and i hope it turns out beautiful.

-------------
happy coloring

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 3:18pm
Thanks for all your help. I went to the salon & got a semi-permanent brown color done. My hairdresser told me that it would be perfectly safe to maintain it with Natural Instincts. The color actually matches my natural haircolor, which I haven't seen in over a decade! I'm really glad I did it. Thanks again!

Date Posted: July 21 2007 at 5:17pm
oh that is just great!!!  what color would you use in the natural instincts?  i wish i could get back to my color...i have about ruined my hair trying...glad it worked out.

-------------
happy coloring

Print Page | Close Window