Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=55006
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 12:32am

Topic: I FINALLY Made the Appointment!
Posted By: Leadfoot
Subject: I FINALLY Made the Appointment!
Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:43pm
I can't believe it's been since April that I posted about cutting my hair short! http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=52104 - My post

After much thought (okay TOO MUCH thought LOL) I am all set to go next week.   I'm very nervous as well as excited.  I will be getting it highlighted as well.   I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out okay.

Wish me luck!

Replies:
Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 12:59pm
Good luck!  You know everyone here will offer you tons of encouragment.  We will love to hear how everything goes & hopefully see the end result!

Posted By: mikecuts
Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 6:30pm
Good luck I hope you get the style you want.
Mike

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: July 25 2007 at 8:46pm
Enjoy; we're all anxiously awaiting the results.  It will be great.

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 8:23am
Well I went to the salon yesterday.  After a little hesitation, I did it.   My hairstylist did a great job on the cut.  One thing is for sure, I have the PERFECT hairtype for this cut.  It is very effortless to get it the way I want it.  So the "short hair is harder" bit isn't true; well so far for me at least.

My husband absolutely loves it!  He says it's the best haircut I've ever had.   So maybe I'm just nuts or just don't see myself as others do, as I'm not sure what to think.   I honestly do miss my long hair somewhat.  Is this normal?  Hopefully this is just due to me not used to looking at myself without it. 

Posted By: 72Kevin
Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 9:42am
Iv read through your April post and that pic of the model you posted looked great!  So im sure you will to if you say you have the face to pull it off.

But dont worry about missing your long hair, you will get too used to getting compliments on how great your hair looks short you wont want to go back.

Post some pics please!

Posted By: LSUfootball7
Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 11:32pm
Im sure it looks great. Post Pics Please

Posted By: Snipette
Date Posted: August 06 2007 at 1:37pm
I'm glad you went through with it this time and i'm sure you look stunning.  Of course you will miss your long jair to start with because you had it for so long (pardon the pun), but your new hair style will grow on you and before you know it you will be back in the salon getting it cut short again and wondering why you had not done this years ago.  I would love to see a picture or 2 of the style if you are ok with posting them.  As i'm sure you look amazing.

Wink

Posted By: conrad
Date Posted: August 06 2007 at 4:17pm
Found these for you, you may already have them.....

Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 7:02pm
Well, I'm still getting used to it.  I still miss my old hair something bad and don't know how long or if I'll keep the short hair.  The short hair is growing on me, though.  It's soooooo easy to take care of it's very tempting to keep it.  I would like to grow it out a bit, and go for something more like this - longer on the sides/back, a little softer and not quite so spikey:

Here's my before and after.   Sorry about the face (I don't put it on the internet Wink ) My hair has grown almost 1/2 inch in 2 weeks, so IMO it looks better now than when I took the picture.  I will post a current picture when I get the chance.

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 7:59pm
That is a very cool haircut.  I love it.  I think you look awesome.  (wish we could see your face though but I understand)

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: mikecuts
Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 8:52pm
Fantastic. Very nice. I am glad you did the cut of choice. I ahd cut a few styles as such over this summer. How much tapper is in the back? One thing short hair looks so much better when the client has dark hair. Even without eyes, nose and a mouth you look great. I hope you paln on keeping some of the short length. also looks great without being loaded up with stuff.
Mike B.

Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 11:25pm
I think it looks stunning. Thanks for posting the pics. Takes a lot of courage to lose that much hair in one trip. But it does look great.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 7:23am
It looks like a great cut.. but I'm with you.. a little longer will def. take some of the edge off, be a little more girlie.  Esp since your hair was soo long before, how much longer was it then we can see in your before?

Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 8:25am
Thank you for all of the nice responses. 

Mike - I asked that the back be is as long as she could do it without looking like a mullet. LOL (which isn't very long at all) Also,  I asked that it not be shaved up in the back.

Hal - My hair was about 2" longer than what you see in the picture.  Since I was having so much cut off, I donated to Locks of Love.  I ended up giving them 10" of hair.

Posted By: conrad
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:03am
Looks great!Clap

Posted By: Snipette
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 1:13pm
I think you look much younger (even though i can't see your face).  It's funkier and much more lively, plus it shows off your ears, which are very nice and perfect size for short hair.

In one word

NICE

Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 1:51pm
Certainly looks like you got a great new style.  Its pretty normal to make a few minor adjustments at future appointments after such a major change, and after you've lived with it for a few weeks.

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Date Posted: August 15 2007 at 4:09pm
Leadfoot, Do you like your new haircut? Will you be going shorter or letting it grow.?

Posted By: dalton1216
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 12:49pm
Turned out great, it looks really cute!

Posted By: glove20
Date Posted: August 16 2007 at 1:09pm
Wow...what a sexy cut.  I think, even though we can't see your face, that it fits you quite well.  I think either going a bit shorter or longer like the pic you provided would look good too, as would some blonde chunks in random spots.  Either way it looks hot!

Print Page | Close Window