Print Page | Close Window

Just got a horrible perm, help!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=55944
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 3:52am

Topic: Just got a horrible perm, help!
Posted By: pixelfish
Subject: Just got a horrible perm, help!
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 6:07pm
After a lenghty consult the Aveda salon promised me that my just below shoulder length her would be perfect with a body wave perm.

Got the perm and my hair is just fried.  The perm did not take in a lot of places so I have some frizzy curly bits, straight bits and parts with perm at the roots but then straight down to the tips.

To rectify the situation they gave me one of their hair rescue treatments.  The treatment added some moisture to my hair and gave it a bit of curl but it's still a mess. 

Does anybody have any suggestions what I can do with my hair?  I thought about cutting a good 5 inches off to get rid some of the damage but that still leaves me with the awful perm at the roots in some places.

I bought some Marc Anthony hair moisterizing shampoo and conditioner as well as Redkin Smoothing Butter that I'm deep conditioning it with now.  They told me not to wash my hair for three days to give the perm staying power but that was before they gave me the deep conditioning treatment so I thought what the hell, I might as well give it another deep condition myself.  For curl boosting I've tried John Frieda Super Curls and Garnier Fructis Soft Curls.

Any other suggestions, how about if I gave it a color glaze with John Frieda glasze?  Will that damage my hair more even though it doesn't have ammonia or peroxide in it?  I definately need some color boost and shine.

Replies:
Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 1:59pm
I wouldn't do any more chemical processing right now, especially not at home.  Go to a different salon for that.  I think deep conditioning is best right now.  Put on the conditioner, wrap you hair in plastic wrap and wear it around the house for a few hours.  Do that every day for about a week and I think your hair will be different.  I do think cutting off as much of the perm as you can stand will also be helpful.  You might also try rolling it with either electric rollers or those velcro kind and see if that helps.  If it isn't too horribly fried it might come out pretty good.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Print Page | Close Window