Print Page | Close Window

Photo of my hair natural w/ curls :O)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=55951
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:36pm

Topic: Photo of my hair natural w/ curls :O)
Posted By: Kimbearly
Subject: Photo of my hair natural w/ curls :O)
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 11:15pm
Well, I have decided to embrace my curls and not try to straighten them.  You know what -  I love them!!!  I think it will look awesome even longer. 

Replies:
Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 11:32pm
Kimbearly, you have great natural curls!!  Go for it, girl!  girlpower

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Date Posted: August 24 2007 at 11:56pm
Thanks Sarah.  I do straighten my bangs though; otherwise they curl up like a cowboys mustache.

-------------

Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 11:02am
LOLhhhheeee,! That is exactly why I grew my bangs out. I also like your curls, Kimbearly. But.... I am kind of partial to curlsWink

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 1:33pm
love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is that your son? he's sooooo cute awwww

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 3:10pm
     Simply *phenomenal*, Kimbearly. Clap Blessings, Bob

Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 4:30pm

Thanks everyone.  Yes, that is my little "Nickerdoodles".

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 7:56pm
Question, Kimbearly.....Question How does the aubrey co affect your curls? I ordered it, and it should be here( the website says tue, but since I am rural, it always takes a day longer) tues, or wed, but since you do have some curls, I am curious. I am really excited to try it. cheer

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: August 25 2007 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

Thanks Sarah.  I do straighten my bangs though; otherwise they curl up like a cowboys mustache.

LOL!  Me too.  Except when they're a little longer I can leave them in ringlets sometimes and they don't look too bad.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 12:31am
Kimbearly wow looks great.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 8:29am
Alisa, 
The Aubrey gives my hair beautiful shine, and makes my curls form really nice.  It also does not weigh my hair down, but conditions it really well at the same time.  The smell is AMAZING too - you are going to love it.  When I have time I will leave it in for 15 minutes, for an even better conditioning, but I usually only leave it in for a couple minutes and that does the job pretty well.  I also use the Aubrey on my children, and you see how nice their hair is. 

The mousse that I use and love is: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100650&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod8887#review - http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100650&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod8887#review
It is Clairol Condition 3-in1 Extra Hold Mousse.  I have been using this product for 10 years.  It is cheap, works fantastic with frizz and keeps my hair bouncy, curly and shiny.  I have tried soooooo many other products and this beats them all.  I only like this formula.  They have others but it does not work well with my hair. 

-------------

Posted By: laststar
Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 9:20am
Definitly beautiful and even better longer how long do you want to go?

-------------
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 10:30am
Thank you very much, Kimbearly. The weight  is what I was wondering about. I need a deep co without all the weight.
You boy's hair are very beautiful ( if I can say that about boys). My son dosen't want to grow his out anymore. Oh Fooy!Thumbs%20Down

Hairbraider, you are lucky, half of my bangs go straight, and half curl up like Kimbearly's said hers do. Unhappy very frustrating.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 3:04pm
Thank you all for the compliments. 
I would love for my hair to grow to my tailbone.  That is my goal.

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2007 at 5:45pm
That is my goal , also! It seems like it is going to take forever to get there.Confused I just keep reminding myself that is has grown so much already.

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: tomorrowperfume
Date Posted: August 27 2007 at 3:12pm

I love your curls! They're so beautiful!

-------------
30 inches; 2a/M/iii

Posted By: ally_needs_help
Date Posted: September 03 2007 at 11:26am
Wow, your hair's beautiful!

Posted By: tani-lai
Date Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:49am

Kimbearly, those curls are gorgeous!  Seeing that is what makes us straighties twitch for the curling iron.  Especially when, like me, we are just trying to get used to our straightness and like it! 

Alisa, I feel your pain about your son not wanting to grow out his hair.  None of my boys do, and my daughter just got hers cut off to her collarbone. Cry

-------------

31"!!

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: September 04 2007 at 8:41pm
Kimbearly, you and your hair are gorgeous!  humpie

Tani-lai, what is your natural texture?  (secretly jealous of your beautifully shiny, thick hair.)

-------------

Posted By: AmandaPanda
Date Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:33pm
Very pretty! It'll look great at tail bone, too! Good luck and do share you progress Thumbs%20Up

-------------
http://amandapandahair.spaces.live.com/ - My Long Hair Odyssey

Date Posted: September 05 2007 at 10:29am
Dave, the texture seems to be changing the past couple of years.  It used to be really fine and extremely straight (sorry, I lost all the little code numbers), but now it is a bit thicker, and some strands definitely have a little bit of wave to them.  Not enough to make it look wavy, just enough for a bit of body.  The only thing that hasn't changed is how easily the ends split, of course.  Thanks for the compliments! Embarrassed

Kimbearly--I forgot to mention--I have a "Nickerdoodles" too!  How funny!

-------------

31"!!

Posted By: lola32
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 3:45pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE THE HAIR. ITS SOOO BEAUTIFUL . I WISH I HAD CURLS LIKE THAT. YOUR SON IS SOOO CUTE.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 7:00pm
Tani-lai, you are most welcome and most deserving of compliments.  (And everybody with long hair gets at least some splits.  I've got more than my "fair" share!)

The little code numbers... you're referring to " http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html - Fia's hairtyping system ?"

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:34pm

Wow,everyone - you are all so kind.  I really do apprecaite my thick hair and curls.

SmileThanks MomSmile

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2007 at 9:14am
Yes Dave, that was the one.  So, according to that, my hair is 1bMiii.  Cool.

-------------

31"!!

Print Page | Close Window