Print Page | Close Window

lag phases stink

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56259
Printed Date: June 29 2024 at 2:31am

Topic: lag phases stink
Posted By: Susan W
Subject: lag phases stink
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:20am
I probably won't be updating my hair journey page for a few extra months, since my hair is not growing at all anymore.  I suspected last month it only grew 1/8 of an inch the whole month, but this month I checked with my highlight roots, and fer sure it only got 1/8 inch this month.  I suspect it is just a lag phase since I know you are supposed to get one around waist length, and my hair is now at a length it never reached before in my life (maybe it is trying to figure out whether its supposed to grow more or if its not allowed to or it'll get in trouble  bash ). 

I also will be away from the computer for most of September, but just because I don't post doesn't mean I forgot you!  See you in October!  (Now where's that emoticon of the little guy waving goodbye...oh well, hug a kitty).cathug

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Replies:
Posted By: tani-lai
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:42am
Bye--and maybe when you come back, your hair will be re-inspired by the boards and start growing again! LOL

-------------

31"!!

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:58am
Jennifer's hair did the same thing at that length.  Then it started growing again.  She was also stressed out at the time it stopped growing so that didn't help either.  Maybe it's just taking a break :-).  We'll miss you and look forward to your return.

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 6:54pm
I agree with tdouty's thought, maybe you just need some time off to unwind and de-stress?  No matter, take good care of yourself -- and your hair's growth will take care of itself.

Looking forward to "seeing" you again in October. Smile

-------------

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:04pm
Susan, you have such amazingly beautiful hair! Growth stalls suck - I'm in one right now. I hope you grow more next month!

-------------

Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:23pm
I agree, lag phases are the pits. I seemed to be at 32 forever. Mabye trieing to keep your mind off of it for a while, and then measureing. Just a thought. I hope everything goes ok with you while you are away. Know that  you are in our thoughts. Good growing!

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:48pm
Bye Susan.  I won't be around as much either since school has started and I am back to work too.  You do have beautiful hair though and I enjoyed looking at your hair journey through pictures.  It is amazing what some people put their hair through - such as me.  I am surprised my hair has never walked off my head and just yelled- THAT'S IT!!! NO MORE!!!

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: September 07 2007 at 10:02am
Awww, thanks everyone for the compliments!  Its nice to hear that my hair is nice!  (that's true Kimbearly, I deserve a little protest after how I treated it before!)
I'm not too stressed right now, but I'm sure you're right, it will kick in again eventually. 
This is officially my last board visit before leaving, so see you all in October!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: September 08 2007 at 8:20am
hope you feel better soon! i love your hair and its probaly what tdouty said!

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Print Page | Close Window