Print Page | Close Window

Jenna Jameson- Much shorter

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beautiful People, Beautiful Hair
Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56502
Printed Date: December 06 2021 at 12:53pm


Topic: Jenna Jameson- Much shorter
Posted By: Mad Gasser
Subject: Jenna Jameson- Much shorter
Date Posted: September 15 2007 at 8:02pm
Jenna Jameson cut her hair into more of a normal bob...Looks great...
 
I don't know about the face though and she's gotten really skinny.



Replies:
Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: September 15 2007 at 9:11pm
javascript:open_form%28http://previews4.wireimage.com/SlideShowB.aspx?i=14785759,link,scrollbars=yes,%20status=yes,resizable=yes,width=1000,height=800,top=0,left=0%29;">Actress%20Jenna%20Jameson%20walks%20the%20runway%20wearing%20Heatherette%20Spring%202008%20during%20Mercedes-Benz%20Fashion%20Week%20at%20Gotham%20Hall%20on%20September%2011,%202007%20in%20New%20York%20City. javascript:open_form%28http://previews4.wireimage.com/SlideShowB.aspx?i=14785758,link,scrollbars=yes,%20status=yes,resizable=yes,width=1000,height=800,top=0,left=0%29;">Actress%20Jenna%20Jameson%20walks%20the%20runway%20wearing%20Heatherette%20Spring%202008%20during%20Mercedes-Benz%20Fashion%20Week%20at%20Gotham%20Hall%20on%20September%2011,%202007%20in%20New%20York%20City.
Still shorter in the back - shorter overall.  I think she had lipo on her checks and added it to her lips


Posted By: Mad Gasser
Date Posted: September 15 2007 at 9:20pm
I prefer her with a little weight on her bones.
 
I mean she is so damn hot and now shes trying to look like bonezie bonezie bones.
 


Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 10:22pm
Can't say anything on this one.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.


Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 11:20pm

The haircut is cute; as for her, Momma said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.



-------------
HAWG


Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 17 2007 at 1:24pm
     Are we the only guys who talk about JJ's hair? (lol) Probably. I think her "pob", well cut as it is, looks decent on most women, but IMO, Jenna needs the softness of long hair desperately!! A NOOO... from this quarter. Bob Angry 


Posted By: kensrs
Date Posted: September 17 2007 at 2:38pm
seriously have you ever went on a short hair thread and said she looks good.
Everytime it is I feel sorry for her, or she lookes better with longer hair.
We understand you got a thing for long hair and that is fine, but some girls prefer short hair, just like some girls prefer long hair.
God enough already with the everyone needs to have long hair
 
 


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 17 2007 at 3:25pm
Kensrs - you better watch out... the ice gets real thin when you speak against the protected ones!!!!!
 
 


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: September 17 2007 at 4:29pm

Both Ken and Hal have a point.  The purpose of these boards is to discuss and debate the happenings with Celebrity hair.  Bob should (and does) give us his opinion, however, it does get repetetive.  I don't comment every time on a post unless I have something to add.  Kramer probably does the best job of counterpoint on this board.  He will not only state how much he doesn't like the short hair, but he will 19 times out of 20 give us a pic or a link to a picture.  Bob is usually good in this respect, but his comments do tend to repeat themselves.



Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: September 17 2007 at 8:47pm

ssjockey, I can't figure out if you're saying something complimentary.

See, I don't think it's so much the shorter hair as I do the plastic surgery she's had on her face. She's no where near as attractive as she was a couple years ago, long hair or short hair.
 
Speaking of "counterpoint," check this out. (Give the page time to load and scroll down a little bit.)
 
http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/ - http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 12:05am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Both Ken and Hal have a point.  The purpose of these boards is to discuss and debate the happenings with Celebrity hair.  Bob should (and does) give us his opinion, however, it does get repetetive.  I don't comment every time on a post unless I have something to add.  Kramer probably does the best job of counterpoint on this board.  He will not only state how much he doesn't like the short hair, but he will 19 times out of 20 give us a pic or a link to a picture.  Bob is usually good in this respect, but his comments do tend to repeat themselves.



I have seen Bob say nice things about short hair (not often though)


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

ssjockey, I can't figure out if you're saying something complimentary.

 
I mean it as a compliment.  We may disagree, but 99 times out of 100, you have a link, or evidence to back up what you say.  You don't just say "it is short, therefore I don't like it".  There should be a back and forth here, but I hope it is a bit more than "she should cut her hair in a pixie" or "she should grow her hair out longer than Crystal Gayle".  That's my point.


Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 12:37am
Hal rocks!

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!


Posted By: kensrs
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 3:09am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Both Ken and Hal have a point.  The purpose of these boards is to discuss and debate the happenings with Celebrity hair.  Bob should (and does) give us his opinion, however, it does get repetetive.  I don't comment every time on a post unless I have something to add.  Kramer probably does the best job of counterpoint on this board.  He will not only state how much he doesn't like the short hair, but he will 19 times out of 20 give us a pic or a link to a picture.  Bob is usually good in this respect, but his comments do tend to repeat themselves.

 
I am not trying to cause trouble but most boards I visit, Bob is a member of. I hate opening up EVERY thread of any celebrity or any other person to see Bob state longer hair looked better, we all get Bob has a thing for long hair but come on you don't see me going to every long haired thread on the net and state she should cut it. After awhile it becomes almost as much of an annoyance as Shampooist comments on LTAH. Honestly you don't need to post on every single thread. If you like long hair great visit long hair threads, if you want to say somethign occasionaly that is fine also. What Bob does though is OVERKILL.
 
I am sure Bob is a great guy and by no means am I trying to personally attack him, if anyone takes it that way don't. I just hate reading on every thread that he likes long hair. It's like going to your favorite website just to have the same pop up that gets around your security measures and hits you in the face. Hope you understand.
 
Later,
-KENSRS


Posted By: Mad Gasser
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 4:26am
Overkill is awesome dude...


Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 5:00am
Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

What Bob does though is OVERKILL.

I wouldn't call it overkill. It's trolling.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:35am
Trolling would be deliberately writing things in the hope of provoking others (flame wars, etc.). I don't believe Bob does that. Yes, he can be repetitive. All the members who just say "I like long hair" or "I like short hair" are sometimes repetitive. However, trolling is something else


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:12am

It’s not the repetitive nature of Bob’s posts or Kramers for that matter, lord knows most of us regulars are guilty of that.  What gets me is these posts regularly go beyond a like or dislike and move into something more difficult for me to put into words, so please bare with me. 

 

These posts often include statements suggesting a particular woman’s beauty has been lost because of the length of her hair.  As if her hair “is” her beauty.  Sometimes it’s the out and out statement that the subject has gone from a sexual goddess to a homely soccer mom because her hair is now closer to her shoulders than her ass.  The words matronly or the comparison of a new picture with shorter hair to one 4 or 5 years old with the statement “makes her look older”, duh?

 

The most irritating is the insinuation or our right statement, if you disagree, you must be from a different plant.  Yes, there are from time to time the “she looks nice with short hair but they generally come across, at least to me, as more of a concession than the impassioned pleas we generally hear.  Similar to a hard core republican having to admit to a hard core Democrat the war in Iraq is not going well.

 

Nearly as irritating is; if you support long hair, you are allowed to post these “pointed” responses.  Even come the short hair board and do the same, yet the rest of us are not.  Sorry Dave but I call it as “I” see it.

 

Yours truly and somewhat ready for the wrath!

Hal



Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:21am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Trolling would be deliberately writing things in the hope of provoking others (flame wars, etc.). I don't believe Bob does that.

Yes, he does. Take, for example, the recent Anja Rubik thread. Bob wrote about her short haircut:
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

It takes the focus off even the most beautiful face. If a woman wants no man to notice her, and that's fine with me, *this* cut is *perfect*.

That's trolling.


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

See, I don't think it's so much the shorter hair as I do the plastic surgery she's had on her face.

  (Give the page time to load and scroll down a little bit.)
 
http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/ - http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/
 
Given her profession, I think her lips look great!!!!!!!
 
 
 
.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:44am
I guess Hal is right and we are all repetitive at times. As for trolling...if Bob is a troll then he's quite a genial one. Personally, I try not to state my own view point too much (when I begin a thread). The pictures should do the talking. I find that sometimes I agree with Kramer's perspective (for example) when he contrasts a woman with long and short hair...but it's also true that sometimes the recent picture is of a much older woman. On occasions, when the playing field is level, I've actually preferred the short look. I suppose it's all a question of opinion--but preferably, there should be an element of "news" involved, not only a picking out of how someone looked years ago (though it depends a bit on the context and how it's handled too).


Posted By: daman123
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:51am
true i suppose


Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

It’s not the repetitive nature of Bob’s posts or Kramers for that matter, lord knows most of us regulars are guilty of that.  What gets me is these posts regularly go beyond a like or dislike and move into something more difficult for me to put into words, so please bare with me. 

 

These posts often include statements suggesting a particular woman’s beauty has been lost because of the length of her hair.  As if her hair “is” her beauty.  Sometimes it’s the out and out statement that the subject has gone from a sexual goddess to a homely soccer mom because her hair is now closer to her shoulders than her ass.  The words matronly or the comparison of a new picture with shorter hair to one 4 or 5 years old with the statement “makes her look older”, duh?

 

The most irritating is the insinuation or our right statement, if you disagree, you must be from a different plant.  Yes, there are from time to time the “she looks nice with short hair but they generally come across, at least to me, as more of a concession than the impassioned pleas we generally hear.  Similar to a hard core republican having to admit to a hard core Democrat the war in Iraq is not going well.

 

Nearly as irritating is; if you support long hair, you are allowed to post these “pointed” responses.  Even come the short hair board and do the same, yet the rest of us are not.  Sorry Dave but I call it as “I” see it.

 

Yours truly and somewhat ready for the wrath!

Hal

 
Arch94 will be gone the rest of the day...i'm off to build a shrine to hal!
 
About this whole "her hair is her beauty" thing...It's no secret that I like short hair and think it's sexy and feminine. To me, it exudes confidence. I try to remain impartial as best I can, but even I have made the occasional statement that someone does look better long...rarely, but i have.
 
Bravo Hal for speaking out for the little guys! Clap


-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 10:57am
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

What Bob does though is OVERKILL.

I wouldn't call it overkill. It's trolling.
 
This is from Wikipedia, the definition of an internet troll:
 
An Internet troll, or simply troll in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang - Internet slang , is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an online community such as an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum - online discussion forum or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USENET - USENET , with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.
 
I don't believe Bob fits that.  He is stating his opinion.  I don't believe that he is looking to get people riled up.  His posts are never personal, and are more a statement of fact from his perspective.  He feels like he has to reply to 99% of the posts, well so do some others (Kramer, Fatmoogas for example) and that is his right.  His posts are a bit repetetive, but so what?  Keep posting Bob, but do try to mix it up a bit!
 
 


Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:07am
Bob is not a troll...just passionate about long hair.
 
Bob...i hope you're flattered we're all talking bout you Wink


-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:42am
I got lots fo names for Bob.. but trolls not one of them


Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:51am
Where is the man of the hour? His ears have got to be burning up by now! LOL

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!


Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 1:48pm
     Hey Y'all! It's been deleted now, but kensrs stated twice in the same paragraph  that I was being repetitive. Yes, I suppose I'm sometimes guilty, but I never thought that anyone was hanging on my every word! WRONG!! (LOL)
     Natasha, you are correct to a point. I try to be colorful, and sometimes amusing. Nothing is more boring than reading a steady strem of "I like it" and "I do not like it" postings. I use hyperbole, but I attempt to be of good cheer. Maybe my comment about that Anja model went over the line, but I'm talking about her *haircut*, which I believe is one of the most horrendous creations since Vidal Sassoon started lopping hair. In reality, men will still gawk at this beautiful woman, but the hair is no longer part of the package, IMO. True, I enjoy a good, spirited debate over inconsequential matters sometimes. I never get angry over another's contrasting viewpoint on *hair*, or much else, really. Obviously, I am passionate, but I think I'm tame compared with those on other comment lines.
     BTW, check out my thoughts on Patricia Arquette from several months ago. Her thread was just bumped up. God Bless, Bob


Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: September 18 2007 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

In reality, men will still gawk at this beautiful woman, but the hair is no longer part of the package, IMO.

See, Bob, that's one of the problems I have with many of your posts: Overgeneralization. And the notion that your personal tastes and opinions should somehow be representative of those of the rest of the planet's male population.

BTW: I know men (and women) who will gawk at her *because* of that haircut. ;)


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:43am
Thanks Natasha your words are so much better than my own!


Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 1:14pm
     Hoo boy! I added an "IMO", Natasha. I never attempt to speak for anyone but myself. But over the years, I've had so many women roll their eyes when I asked them if their s/o's like their long hair, as if to say, "Yeah, too much!" (lol) Many others have told me that their DH's would *love* for them to grow their hair. Only once, recently, has a woman expressed her husband's disappointment that she was growing hers out! And many comments I've heard from guys about cropped women I won't ever repeat.
     Oh yeah, there are many guys, including my dad, who love a short hairdo on a woman. I'm sure that some men think the Twiggy cut looks super. But, it's probably my most hated trendy cut ever. Truthfully, I actually enjoyed the Dorothy Hamill "wedge" rage, as most of these cuts replaced shags, my *second* most loathed haircut trend ever! (lol) Plus, the cuts did look terrific, as short styles go, *IMO*. LOL Blessings, Bob


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 3:17pm

That is the point Bob, you write as if you know what most, many or even lots of women or men like.  I find it very hard to believe you can talk to many people about hair, esp to husband about his wife’s hair without getting a black eye or the very least labeled a freak to be avoided!

 

Giving your statement, I'm betting we are talking about a very small number of people that likely support your own opinions anyway.

 

What do you think, a woman that likes her hair long, likes it enough to go to the trouble to keep long and nice looking is going to say “I love my hair long but my husband hates it”?  That is simple husband 101, “of course it love your hair and no that dress does not make you look fat”! Esp when I’m fairly sure the woman in question knows how much you like her hair.

 

I would venture to say most men don't care one way or the other.  We have all heard women say did this or that to my hair and my husband didn't even notice.  Can I take from that most men don't care?

 

What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short.  I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish. 

 

It is no more boring for me to read “simple I like its” than to read yet another Bob S post about how yet another raving beauty should be banished to mini van duty forever.

 

If you think this star or that star is no longer hot, say so but please stop telling us in your opinion no one will buy her records, watch her play tennis or tune in to her news cast because the length of her hair!  Such comments serve only to remind me that most of us regular posters are freaks that are anything remotely close to the norm.



Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 4:36pm
I drive my wife nuts. I do ask her if she did get it cut or are you growing it out. Then again I'm the one that uses Patton as my Signature. I guess I'm one heck of freak?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 6:54pm

Mike i love your patton sig!



Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 9:30pm
"What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short. I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish."

I see Hal is back to his acerbic best.


Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 10:12pm
Thanks Hal. PM me I can tell you about the book I got it from.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.


Posted By: natasha
Date Posted: September 20 2007 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

What I can say is some don't care, some like it long and some like it short.  I can also say, my greater point is many of us are tired of you pushing your opinions as if you have factual data to support your fetish.

I couldn't agree more.


Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: September 20 2007 at 6:40am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:



I see Hal is back to his acerbic best.
 
You know I'm just a dumb South Carolina boy... so I'm gonna have to get out the dictionary to know if I've been slammed or not.  Ignorance is hell.
 
Ok... done.. I like that word!  Bitting as I may be have I said anything untrue? 
 
That being said... I'm weiry from battle and putting my bayonet away.  See you guys on some other post.


Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 20 2007 at 4:18pm
     LOL Hal, you would not believe the number of men and women with whom I discuss hair in RL. Some women have actually asked my opinion, both before and after a change, b/c they *know* I notice. One told me that my wife is lucky to have a man who notices her! Well, I'm not certain at times about how "lucky" DW feels! (lol)
     BTW, Hal, there are some real hot mamas out there driving mini-vans. (lol) But what can I tell ya'? Even if I'm not interested in the sport or art, I still enjoy seeing the women! And even tho' I don't often rave about shorter styles, it *is* rather enjoyable for me to see women who wear their short cuts well. I've complimented many personally, though you wouldn't know it here!
     Any more, if I become the topic of discussion, I will PM the person instead of continuing the thread, if I think they make a solid point, (as Natasha did). I'm weary of it also. Blessings, Bob Smile
     P.S. Jenna who?? Oh yeah, I agree with you so much, Kramer, about celebs who ruin their looks with plastic surgery. Both my best bud and I independently came to that conclusion about Brooke Shields last week. Sometimes, age lines make a face look very lovely, and hers was one, IMO.
     P.P.S. I'll never mention this topic again, but lingeree and swimsuit catalogues feature long haired gals almost exclusively. You can't help but notice! That doesn't mean that women with short styles are undesirable, but it says *something*, I think. Confused


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: September 20 2007 at 5:35pm

For every Ashley Simpson of the world (her nose job was a major improvement) there seem to be dozens of Meg Ryans. Have you seen what she did to her lips? Argh. Ashley and Meg's hair has improved since their face work, but no matter how their hair looks, it can't always be the first thing you notice after plastic surgery.

 


Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: September 20 2007 at 9:48pm
I guess we can agree to disagree.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.


Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 21 2007 at 12:56pm
     You are so right about Meg Ryan, Kramer. She's another whom we discussed. I haven't liked her hair since that abominable chick flick, "Sleepless in Seattle". But her face was always gorgeous, until now. Nose jobs are sometimes advisable, agreed, but not all that some stars are doing to themselves. Dead Blessings, Bob


Posted By: glove20
Date Posted: September 24 2007 at 6:11pm
Back to longer...I like the short hair on her but she does look a bit healthier in this pic, anyone agree?


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: September 24 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

     You are so right about Meg Ryan, Kramer. She's another whom we discussed. I haven't liked her hair since that abominable chick flick, "Sleepless in Seattle". But her face was always gorgeous, until now. Nose jobs are sometimes advisable, agreed, but not all that some stars are doing to themselves. Dead Blessings, Bob
 
Wasn't Meg Ryan's hair long in "Sleepless in Seattle"?  Her hair was short for "Top Gun", "When Harry Met Sally", "French Kiss" and "You've Got Mail", among others.
 
 


Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: September 24 2007 at 7:23pm

Being repetitive and/or consistent is not prohibited.  Neither is "failing" to defer to fans "on the other side of the hair-length-preference aisle."  Certainly each one of us expresses our own opinions to make our thoughts known, rather than to impress others with their uniqueness.

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Kensrs - you better watch out... the ice gets real thin when you speak against the protected ones!!!!!


Wow Hal, I'd like to more about this protection plan!  Who gets protected, how, and by whom?

The only posts that get deleted here are spam or significant personal attacks.  And the moderation team makes no apologies for members' posts within the forum.

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

I am not trying to cause trouble but most boards I visit, Bob is a member of. I hate opening up EVERY thread of any celebrity or any other person to see Bob state longer hair looked better, we all get Bob has a thing for long hair but come on you don't see me going to every long haired thread on the net and state she should cut it.


Thread or forum?  I am not aware of anybody trolling short hair forums with "grow it long" messages.  But within a celebrity forum, where celebrities have and have had a wide variety of lengths, any opinion goes.

In general terms I agree with your comment that reading some members' posts can be frequently irritating.  I will politely not name names.

Originally posted by kensrs kensrs wrote:

Honestly you don't need to post on every single thread. If you like long hair great visit long hair threads, if you want to say somethign occasionaly that is fine also. What Bob does though is OVERKILL.


Perhaps unfortunately for you(?), there are no specific rules here regarding frequency of comment.  As much as Bob's posting frequency appears to you to be excessive, it is not so high as to clearly constitute "troublemaking" (which, by extreme example, might be posting in every thread every 10 minutes all day long).

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Trolling would be deliberately writing things in the hope of provoking others (flame wars, etc.). I don't believe Bob does that...


I see it as him unintentionally provoking others.  I don't sense that he tries to do it, but it certainly can and does have that effect.

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

These posts often include statements suggesting a particular woman’s beauty has been lost because of the length of her hair.  As if her hair “is” her beauty...


Hal, you have succinctly stated your observation.  No matter that he and I frequently agree on hair length preferences, I also (always) find myself rolling my eyes when I read the latest instance of what you aptly describe.  Sorry Bob, but it's true.  Doesn't mean it isn't permitted here, though, depending on how it's stated.  That's why we have discussions such as this one.  It is a learning opportunity.  For those who choose to reflect and reconsider.

Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Nearly as irritating is; if you support long hair, you are allowed to post these “pointed” responses.  Even come the short hair board and do the same, yet the rest of us are not.  Sorry Dave but I call it as “I” see it.


Hal, can you please provide some examples?

Quote from Bob provided by natasha:
Originally posted by Bob S. Bob S. wrote:

It takes the focus off even the most beautiful face. If a woman wants no man to notice her, and that's fine with me, *this* cut is *perfect*.


Natasha calls this statement trolling.  I do not disagree.  Obviously and specifically, the "if a woman wants no man to notice her" bit.  He was either very clever or very clumsy.

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Bob is not a troll...just passionate about long hair.


Arch, had you written these things about me, I would agree with its truth.  But I see myself as very different from Bob.  Bear in mind that a person's passion for a given hair length is not a direct reflection of their underlying character.

Originally posted by Bob S. Bob S. wrote:

Maybe my comment about that Anja model went over the line...


Yes, it did.  As a participant in this forum, you are well aware that there are men who like short hair, and you must have known that your statement as worded was false.  I ask you to choose your words more carefully, lest your posts be subject to being edited by the Moderator Team, or deleted, or more.



Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:09am
     Truthfully, I feel pretty contrite about the Anja remark, Dave. I apologize, without reservation. Must have run out of my common sense pills that morning. Possibly a little anger spilled over, but after watching a Tyra Banks' ANTM rerun at my DD's recently, it was frustration at  avant garde stylists who do NOT consider model's long-term interests, not Anja. Some of the models were terribly upset after undesired chops, and I couldn't blame them. (Didn't some cosmetics company fire Eva Herzigova last year when she showed up on set with a short cut? And hers wasn't really bad.)
     Maybe it was Anja herself who chose the original asymmetrical cut, but when I see a radical change this unusual, I suspect over-zealotry by some salon "wizard". Best, Bob


Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: September 25 2007 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

     Truthfully, I feel pretty contrite about the Anja remark, Dave. I apologize, without reservation. Must have run out of my common sense pills that morning. Possibly a little anger spilled over, but after watching a Tyra Banks' ANTM rerun at my DD's recently, it was frustration at  avant garde stylists who do NOT consider model's long-term interests, not Anja. Some of the models were terribly upset after undesired chops, and I couldn't blame them. (Didn't some cosmetics company fire Eva Herzigova last year when she showed up on set with a short cut? And hers wasn't really bad.)
     Maybe it was Anja herself who chose the original asymmetrical cut, but when I see a radical change this unusual, I suspect over-zealotry by some salon "wizard". Best, Bob


Bob,

I sincerely hope you find a way to channel your feelings in ways which do not spill over into inappropriate places.  This forum is for discussion about celebrity hair, not for emotions on topics not specifically related to the hair of the celebrities being discussed.  You may want to consider what other forum(s) may be better suited for expressing your thoughts and angst.  [Just don't post them in the Celebrity forum.  I will evaluate potential future criticisms and will respond accordingly.]



Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: September 27 2007 at 9:54am
I think the problem with Bob is that he seems to feel a zealotry in the cause of long hair that most of us reserve for more important things.

Having said that, I still don't think he's a troll. According to most dictionary definitions there needs to be an element of conscious wind up or deceit for someone to be a troll. We all seem to accept that this doesn't apply in Bob's case.


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: September 27 2007 at 11:20am
Right you are Fat...
 
There is a fine, but definable, line between opinion and fact, especially on the internet.  I was looking something up on Wikipedia, and the article was headed by a warning "This Article Contains Weasel Words".
 
In short, If the author of an article states an opinion as fact, Wikipedia heads the article with a warning.  The example they give is:
 
"The New York Yankees are the greatest team in baseball history"
 
That is a "weasel" in the opinion of Wikipedia.  They suggest rewriting that statement as follows:
 
"Most baseball experts consider The New York Yankees to be the great team in baseball history due to the fact they have won 26 World Series, more than any other team."
 
So instead of saying "no man will notice a woman with a short haircut" say, "I and most men I know will not notice a woman with short hair because many of use believe women look better with long hair".
 
I don't believe in absolutes.  Absolutes lead to intolerance, and if there is one thing I cannot stand, it's intolerance!  I don't lose sleep over this, it is, after all, an internet forum.  I do get annoyed when someone posts an opinion as fact.  I have probably been guilty of that in the past myself!
 
OK, enough ranting.


Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: December 03 2007 at 10:26pm
Had to bring this thread back to life when I saw this picture.  The heavy bangs are not real but what's going on with her right armpit?
 
http://www.hollywoodrag.com/">
 
In case the picture doesn't work, try here:
 
http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/gallery3/image_full2/16147/ - http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/gallery3/image_full2/16147/


-------------
HAWG


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: December 04 2007 at 1:46am
Mutton dressed as lamb?


Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: December 04 2007 at 10:24am
She looks a little harsh (not the hair) there...


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 26 2008 at 7:43pm
It's been over a month. Time to revive this topic.
 
I think long hair is essential to the best possible look for Jenna Jameson. Anyone with me?
 
Here's my evidence:
 
http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/79267866.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C16A5DCA810F7CFC3090175F9D74489A - http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/79267866.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C16A5DCA810F7CFC3090175F9D74489A


Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: January 26 2008 at 10:54pm
Ok Kramer Yeah she looks better with longer hair. Was that link to older pic or newer?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 27 2008 at 4:37pm
This weekend.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 27 2008 at 4:53pm
That hair is as false as her boobs! Still, I agree she looks a lot better with long hair.


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 28 2008 at 12:46am
Does every post in which a celebrity has obvious extensions need to say it? Fatmoogas, you sure have a knack for needing to point out extensions -- and for pointing out the obvious.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:04am
Kramer, you have a very Caucasian view of beauty. How often have we seen you going goggle eyed over black, red or yellow women? Very rarely.


Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:34am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Kramer, you have a very Caucasian view of beauty. How often have we seen you going goggle eyed over black, red or yellow women? Very rarely.
 
Ok, I rarely if ever jump into these kinda frays, leaving it for Dave to moderate or others to fling the petty insults back and forth.  However, Fat, that insult is uncalled for and came completely out of left field, as there is nothing in Kramer's comment here (or any that I can remember) that would precipitate such response on your part.
 
Seriously, that was really inappropriate.  I'll leave it to others (most likely Kramer himself, if he feels it's worth it) to go back and link to his posts commenting on folks such as Lucy Liu, Halle Berry, Aishwarya Rai, Rihanna, Tia Carrere, etc.  Sure, he's pro long hair on all of them, but at least he's biased in an equally opportune way.
 
As usual,
JF


-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:57am
Flea, Kramer has posted about 1500 times. The vast majority of those posts have been about white gals. I'm not accusing him of racism--just calling it as I see it. Insofar as he posts about black gals it's usually something vaguely critical (he doesn't think Halle Berry's hair is real, etc.). When did he actually post a picture of a black girl and say he thought she was beautiful? If you look back at my posts, I've done it many times.


Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: January 28 2008 at 12:13pm

Thank you Flea for your note (so good to see you) and Fat for your response.  Of course it is always great to see all of you here...this is one of my favorite boards & I lurk constantly. 

As Mike said above....we all should agree to disagree...and understand that on forums sometimes things can seem to be what they might not really be. 
 
As always...I know you all will just move on to more appropriate comments & topics.  I just spoke to Dave on the phone yesterday so I am pretty sure he won't mind me stepping in at this point.
 
So now...tell me....what celebs look best in braids.  I just got my hair license & just graduated from braiding school & want to check out some celebs with good plaits.
 
 


-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 12:59am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Kramer, you have a very Caucasian view of beauty. How often have we seen you going goggle eyed over black, red or yellow women? Very rarely...
 
Flea, Kramer has posted about 1500 times. The vast majority of those posts have been about white gals. I'm not accusing him of racism--just calling it as I see it. Insofar as he posts about black gals it's usually something vaguely critical (he doesn't think Halle Berry's hair is real, etc.). When did he actually post a picture of a black girl and say he thought she was beautiful? If you look back at my posts, I've done it many times.
Karen, since Fatmoo's attack was at me, I hope you don't me responding. I promise it won't cross any lines and I'll try to take the high road.
 
Let's see, Fat: I make a point that you seem to relish in pointing out when a celebrity likely has extensions and you come back by attacking me by stating that I only get excited about Caucasian women. I guess I'm left wondering what one point has to do with the other.
 
I've been accused, rightly so, of being pro-long hair. I've been accused of bringing attention to women that are not necessarily as well known as others. I accept that. And now I'm accused of commenting only about of a certain color. Sorry, the latter doesn't fly.
 
While I start many threads when there truly is hair news to report, I also make observations on threads started by others, including you, Fat. The fact is, the "vast majority" of everybody's posts seem to be about "white gals," as you call them.
 
Should I withhold perceived negative comments just to please you? Halle Berry looked amazing before her curly haired look, which I stated repeatedly. In fact, at one point I posted what I thought was the best photo I had ever seen of her. (Look it up: March 29.) Now, because I don't think her curls looks real, I'm criticized for it?
 
If anything, I'm wondering if you have an obsession for Halle. In a thread started by you on October 23, 2006, there are 69 replies. Of those, 23 are from you, Fatmoo.
 
Check my record. You don't have to go too far back in 2007.
 
December 16: I start a post about newsbabe Allison Stewart and how "amazing" her new hairstyle looks. I also point out that she looked wonderful with her old look. Ms. Stewart is African American.
 
October 28: Vanessa Williams' new hairstyle appears "lifeless." Check the photos for yourself. Do you have a better adjective?
 
October 22: I talk about how great Summer Bishil looks. She's from Saudi Arabia. Does she count?
 
October 6: My exact words about the incredible Rihanna will serve best here: "I don't know if any of you caught Rihanna on David Letterman's show the other night. Her outfit was sensational. Her bangs have grown out and were hanging in her eyes for her entire rendition of 'Shut Up and Drive.' They looked like they were annoying her as she repeatedly brushed them to the side only to have them fell on her face again. Thumbs up from me." In fact, Fatmoo, if you go back to February 11, you'd discover that I said "Who had the best celebrity hair at the Grammy Awards. I'm not sure who had the best, but Rihanna was in the top two or three. What a cutie!"
 
August 26: Have you seen Ilia Calderone, the Univision newsbabe whose hair seems to get better every inch it grows? I did -- and I talked about how wonderful she looks. In fact, I've talked about Latin America actresses and newsbabes more often than I can remember. Nobody can beat Barbara Bermudo, Karla Martinez and Lourdes Stephen when it comes to long, gorgeous hair. Are they too Caucasian?
 
Lucy Liu, an Asian (albeit an Asian from my home state, Michigan), is one of my all-time favorites. If you haven't seen the "Ally McBeal" sex scene between Lucy's character, longhaired "Ling," and one of the male attorneys, you don't know what you're missing.
 
June 28: Now, granted, there are the occasional slams. I did say Omarosa looked like a tranny in some of her photos. Sometimes I call them as I see them.
 
If you truly researched my postings, you'd discover that I rip Caucasian hair way more than I rip the hair of women of color. Would you prefer I lie and say I like the hair of newsbabes Natalie Morales, Heidi Collins, Contessa Brewer, Robin Meade and Maggie Rodriguez better after their haircuts? Would you have me ignore the beautiful locks of Rebecca Gayheart, Michelle Pfeiffer, Alex Witt or Portia De Rossi just because they are white women? And is there a rule that says we have to comment about everybody?
 
The bottom line: Your accusations are totally unfounded. Mine -- you've made a career out of pointing out extensions -- are not. As a newspaper guy, I know the importance of having my facts in order before telling a story. Next time, Fatmoogas, do your homework.
 
And Karen, I don't know how much of a celebrity Czech model Katrin is, but she's known on her web site as having a "super long princess braid," so she would be my recommendation to you: http://www.lhair-cz.com/katrin/index.htm - http://www.lhair-cz.com/katrin/index.htm


Posted By: Ally<3
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 4:08am
Jameson can't be as old as she looks in that photo, right? Hair's cute, nice colour and the bangs are the shiz.

-------------


Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

 
If anything, I'm wondering if you have an obsession for Halle. In a thread started by you on October 23, 2006, there are 69 replies. Of those, 23 are from you, Fatmoo.
 



You counted his posts in a thread?  Seems like I remember you jumping all over me for doing that to you once.

Not taking sides here, just making an observation.




Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 7:29am
Kramer, in the same spirit, I will just make a few points.

1. You have said on several occasions that you couldn't get excited about HBs hair because you thought it was mostly extensions. However, it seems you are happy to fantasize about Jenna Jameson's extensions and others' (ergo, the connection).

2. I have seen you comment little on HB, Alicia Keys, Heather Small, Beyonce and others. Insofar as you do make the odd comment, it's usually vaguely critical and saying their hair doesn't seem real (which seems to bother you when it's a black girl, but not when it's a white girl).

3. As for everyone mostly posting about white girls, that reflects the reality that the majority of people we talk about are white. However, how many threads did you initiate about black girls? Maybe not one!

4. Would you even want to bother denying that your view of beauty is a very caucasian centered one? You've been posting here for years and I think that fact is clear to everyone.

5. Newspaper men get their facts right? You must be kidding me! Maybe they know how far to go with innuendo before it spills over into libel.

Sorry, Karen: had to respond, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.


Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 8:20am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Kramer, in the same spirit, I will just make a few points.

1. You have said on several occasions that you couldn't get excited about HBs hair because you thought it was mostly extensions. However, it seems you are happy to fantasize about Jenna Jameson's extensions and others' (ergo, the connection).

2. I have seen you comment little on HB, Alicia Keys, Heather Small, Beyonce and others. Insofar as you do make the odd comment, it's usually vaguely critical and saying their hair doesn't seem real (which seems to bother you when it's a black girl, but not when it's a white girl).

3. As for everyone mostly posting about white girls, that reflects the reality that the majority of people we talk about are white. However, how many threads did you initiate about black girls? Maybe not one!

4. Would you even want to bother denying that your view of beauty is a very caucasian centered one? You've been posting here for years and I think that fact is clear to everyone.

5. Newspaper men get their facts right? You must be kidding me! Maybe they know how far to go with innuendo before it spills over into libel.

Sorry, Karen: had to respond, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.
 
/me shakes his head sadly.
 
To quote Kenny Rogers: "Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run."
 
And to quote Moe from "The Simpsons" when Homer found himself at the bottom of a deep hole he had made: "Dig UP!"
 
As usual,
JF


-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 8:27am
Is that supposed to mean something? I am a little nonplussed at your interest in this Flea after aeons of silence. Did I criticize your protege? Can't he defend himself?


Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 9:13am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Is that supposed to mean something? I am a little nonplussed at your interest in this Flea after aeons of silence. Did I criticize your protege? Can't he defend himself?
 
I'm violating the extraordinarily good rule of "praise in public, chastise in private" by continuing this, but I will offer a final comment as to why this bothered me enough to jump in.
 
I normally ignore the petting bicking, but this struck me as more serious because it's out of the ordinary of the standard, "you always like long hair" or "you always like short hair" or "you state opinion as fact and it bugs me".  Accusing someone of racism - which, though you claims it's not, IS what you are doing - is such a charged issue that unless there was a foundation for it, it's really out of bounds.  It can escalate too easily.
 
I mean, if Kramer had said, he doesn't like Ellen DeGeneris' short hair and you said it's because Kramer has an anti-gay bias and bashes homosexuals whenever he bothers to post about them, I'd have the same issue with what you wrote.   
Normally, as I think is apparent, I'm very live and let live and just assume folks will work it out.  I was just so taken aback that you went there - based on absolutely nothing - that I had to post.  Kramer shot a spit-wad and you retaliated with a baseball bat.
 
And my comments in my last post before this were intended as disbelief that you wouldn't know when to just let this go instead of just perpetuating a discussion that won't end well for anyone.
 
And now I'm done.
 
As usual,
JF
 
P.S. And if you think Kramer is my protege, then obviously you've been stopped reading at the "Junior Member" tag under my name, didn't notice the "Member since" date, and haven't been paying attention since the days of "Gord". :)


-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.


Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 9:38am
Once again I didn't accuse him of racism--and the fact that you have jumped in and accused me of doing that is half the problem. Most of the people on this board have been here for years and what seems to be the outcome of a moment has often been building up for a long time.

Having said that, I'm done. As well as occasionally irritating me, Kramer has also posted lots of stuff that has interested and entertained me.


Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 8:51pm
Moderator, since this has gotten extremely personal, I would like Fatmoogas' comments stricken. I have gone out of my way to disprove his accusations, yet he continued to use this forum to restate his false claims. I was going to let this go, but why should I? I don't want his lies to exist here forever. This must stop.
 
Fatmoogas:
 
2. I have seen you comment little on HB, Alicia Keys, Heather Small, Beyonce and others. Insofar as you do make the odd comment, it's usually vaguely critical and saying their hair doesn't seem real (which seems to bother you when it's a black girl, but not when it's a white girl).
 
Kramer: I was very clear in posting wonderful photos of Halle, Alicia and Beyonce. Halle Berry's hair not only looked real, it has looked amazing. And I've said so. Alicia has glorious hair and I've said so. EVERYONE knows Beyonce wears weaves, so don't pin that one on me. And I have no idea who Heather Small is.

Fatmoogas:

3. As for everyone mostly posting about white girls, that reflects the reality that the majority of people we talk about are white. However, how many threads did you initiate about black girls? Maybe not one.

Kramer: I have started threads about women of all colors. All you have to do is search posts under my name. Start with the positive threads I started about Alison Stewart, Rihanna and Ilia Calderone -- all black women -- and work backward. It's not hard to do. Again, this guy is given the freedom to make up his own set of facts and make hurtful accusations. This must stop. Why should I have the burden of proof here? Guilty until proven innocent? Maybe that's how they do things in Bahrain, but they don't in the United States of America. Bull crap.

Fatmoogas:

4. Would you even want to bother denying that your view of beauty is a very caucasian centered one? You've been posting here for years and I think that fact is clear to everyone.
 
Kramer: My view of beauty is totally hair focused -- not focused on a woman's skin. You can deny the FACT that you're calling me a racist, without saying the specific words, but that's precisely what you're doing. I won't stand for it.
I won't comment on your view of newspapers and reporters who work there. You know all about "innuendo" that spills into "libel." You are walking proof of that.


Posted By: Horse
Date Posted: January 29 2008 at 9:25pm
This is why message boards suck!

MOVE ON!


-------------
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha



Print Page | Close Window