Print Page | Close Window

SO NOT COOL!!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56810
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 6:35pm

Topic: SO NOT COOL!!!
Posted By: SugarCube
Subject: SO NOT COOL!!!
Date Posted: September 29 2007 at 1:30pm
My friend Amy had beautiful waist long curls that fell gracefully. she came to school with chin length waves. she was mad and told me that she went to get a 1/2 in count it 1/2 in! inch trim and they cut off 18 inches!!!!!!!!! i was like did you pay and she said yes bc she didnt have a chance to see it till she got home. omg why do stylists think they know better than the customer?!! We're the ones with the hair ugh.

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Replies:
Posted By: Alisa06
Date Posted: September 30 2007 at 10:06am
I am so sorry for your friend! CryIt is almost like your identity has been stolen! When I had 12 inches cut off my hair last Nov, I felt like I was not myself.
Maybe you can let her in on all the wonderful things you have learned here. Thumbs%20UpI know it is not one of those things we want to hear when this sort of thing happens, but remind her that she has hair. She is able to grow it out, it is not thinning, or lost due to chemo. It will eventually grow back out.

I guess I wasn't done, hence the edit....

Be her friend, and support her. Most everyone else is not going to understand why she is so upset. They will say things, like its just hair, what's the big deal and so on. Show her that you understand how upset she is, that it is a big deal ( because it is). This sort of thing is very traumatic. I actually got depressed for a few weeks. She is going to need a shoulder to cry one.Hug

-------------
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Posted By: SugarCube
Date Posted: September 30 2007 at 10:13am
yeah i've told her a lot of tricks like cold water, silicones, etc. and she was really happy. lol she said that she's never going to a stylist ever again

-------------
JESUS is The Way the Truth and The Life!

Posted By: tani-lai
Date Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:14pm
That is terrible!!  I am never going to a salon again, I have heard such horror stories here.  *shudder*

-------------

31"!!

Print Page | Close Window