Print Page | Close Window

Can a blonde use a relaxer for black hair?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Curly Hair Talk
Forum Name: Straight Talk
Forum Description: Get the straight talk on hair straightening products & techniques
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56857
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 9:49pm

Topic: Can a blonde use a relaxer for black hair?
Posted By: fashion Girl
Subject: Can a blonde use a relaxer for black hair?
Date Posted: October 01 2007 at 8:19pm
I am a blonde with highlights. I have bangs that I like to remain straight even in humid conditions. In the past I have always used Curl Free from White Rain just on my bangs. They would stay smooth and straight. Unfortunately, it is no longer available and I need a new relaxer. A store clerk from Sally's recommended I use a no lye relaxer for black childrens' hair. Said it woud be gentle. I went ahead a bought it then thought about the fact that I have highlighted hair and this is made for black hair.

Anyone know if this relaxer would be safe to use on my blonde hair? Guess I can return it if not opened.

-------------
Fashion Girl

Replies:
Posted By: Precious Girl
Date Posted: November 06 2007 at 5:52pm
I would be wary about it. Black people have a corser hair type than caucasians and it might be damaging. The best thing you could do is call a salon and ask them if it would be safe to use. Call several salons though, because one might tell you not to do it to try and get you to go to their shop and pay to have it done.

-------------
March 2007:

Posted By: Hair Goddess
Date Posted: December 03 2007 at 6:56pm
I Don't see where there'd be a difference.
They use chemicals in their hair products as well and they're all created to straighten or curl hair.

Print Page | Close Window