Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57482
Printed Date: May 02 2024 at 10:55pm

Topic: Alyssa Milano
Posted By: fatmoogas
Subject: Alyssa Milano
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 4:45am
Anyone notice how long Alyssa Milano's hair has gotten?

Replies:
Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 5:43am
Yes, it is long.  She is a nice looking woman but I still prefer her short pixie!

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 6:42am
Wow I didn't think it got that long thanks for the pics.Fatmoogas.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: spud
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:27am
I was sooooooooo hoping that this post would say she had gone back to her pixie. It was AWESOME.

Spud

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 8:38am
Alyssa had a guest starring role on last week's My Name is Earl show on NBC. I don't remember her hair ever being this long before.

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 5:14pm
She's looking great lately... I loved her pixie-cut, but won't argue if her hair stays this long for good.

Posted By: tinalonghair
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 6:46pm
this is by FAR her best look

-------------
tina

Posted By: AngelDream
Date Posted: October 30 2007 at 4:49am
I've seen hair in that long before but she was so young then. She looks great in most cuts.

Posted By: texdillo
Date Posted: October 30 2007 at 12:46pm
Said it before and I'll say it again, one of those lucky women who looks great short, long or in between!!!

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: October 30 2007 at 3:14pm
I call this get-a-pixie-and-then-grow-it-to-your-hips syndrome, which seems to happen a lot - an extreme long hair reaction to an extreme short cut.

For my money (not that I'm spending any) I wish she'd spent more time in the pixie/short hair world, sampling any number of short styles that would (and some did) look great on her, and were all more distinct and fun than this. This long deal is nice, and she can certainly never look bad, but isn't especially interesting to me.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 3:33am
How do you know it isnt extensions?

Posted By: AngelDream
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 6:04am
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

I've been wondering about that since her hair seems to grow so very fast.

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 9:34am
Go back and check out the timeline.  It hasn't been that fast.  The got the pixie in August of 2003.  That's over FOUR years of growth at this point if she hadn't trimmed it that much.  And since she started growing it out, it really doesn't appear she has other than to keep the ends even.

She's simply just let it go and she's well within the up to TWO FEET of hair she could grown out by now.

Really long hair these days ain't always extensions.  Just look at Kristen Bell. Smile

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 1:49pm
     Exactly, JF. Your commentaries are missed, BTW. LOL Bob
     Oh, about Alyssa, she wears any style well, IMO, although my wife was furious when she had her locks cropped. She hates super short hair on women much more than I, maybe stemming from her own undesired spike cut nine years ago. Dead Best, Bob

Posted By: jaw5
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 2:28pm
I wonder how long it will take her before she cuts it

Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 5:20pm
Well I just saw Alyssa in a movie with shorter hair not that long ago.
It was a B movie. That's why I asked because I wondered how it could get that long that fast.

Date Posted: November 02 2007 at 6:29pm
"Not that long ago" is a relative term. When was it?

Date Posted: November 02 2007 at 7:19pm
JF were you saying that Bell also grew out her hair? If it is the same one I'm thinking about didn't she play on Days of our Lives?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 4:59am
Um, Heath posted this in August 2007 right here on this site. This was only three months ago max. Was this an illusion?

Alyssa is listening to you. Her had is indeed shorter.
http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=97062_los_angeles_airport_2_122_1069lo.jpg - Shorter

She's gone from bra length to collar bone length. That's got to be a good 8 inches. I liked the longer hair, but now that I see this cut I think it suits her better.

(By the way, except for the intro, those were Heath's words, not mine... Kramer)

Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 5:23am
I think it was an illusion.

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

She's gone from bra length to collar bone length. That's got to be a good 8 inches. I liked the longer hair, but now that I see this cut I think it suits her better.

(By the way, except for the intro, those were Heath's words, not mine... Kramer)

I think it was decided that those were old pictures.

Posted By: Mad Gasser
Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Klaatu48 Klaatu48 wrote:

I think it was decided that those were old pictures.

Someone needs to arrest Alyssa for violation of "excessively long hair"....

Seriously, she needs a haircut...that hippie!

Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 3:30pm
Wow that was strong. Violation? LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 8:08pm

She needs a haircut.

I thought she was a hippie...If she doesn't cut her hair, then the party that tried Saddam needs to try her. Then justice will be served.

Date Posted: November 03 2007 at 10:22pm
I guess your screen name does fit you.

-------------

Date Posted: November 04 2007 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

I guess your screen name does fit you.

She needs bangs as well.

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: November 04 2007 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Mad Gasser Mad Gasser wrote:

Someone needs to arrest Alyssa for violation of "excessively long hair"....

Seriously, she needs a haircut...that hippie!

and

Originally posted by Mad Gasser Mad Gasser wrote:

She needs a haircut.

I thought she was a hippie...If she doesn't cut her hair, then the party that tried Saddam needs to try her. Then justice will be served.

I keep up with a number of message boards on a variety of topics... and this poster strikes me very strongly as a troll (and that impression has nothing to do with my preference for long hair).  You are skating on thin ice.

Date Posted: November 05 2007 at 5:10pm
Well,I love the hair.I think she looks beautiful.The skeptic in me just wonders if it really is real.Either way,still looks good.

Date Posted: November 05 2007 at 5:16pm
Begining of summer. And it was definitely only about shoulder length.

Date Posted: November 08 2007 at 8:00am
I'm sure it's all hers.

Posted By: LadyinDiamonds
Date Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:11am
Most likely extensions.

Date Posted: December 16 2007 at 7:23am

Contrary to Mad Gasser's prediction in another post, there's no POB in Milanoland as of December 2007:

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1056052947/an/0/page/0#1056052947 - http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1056052947/an/0/page/0#1056052947

Posted By: Jared
Date Posted: December 16 2007 at 2:31pm
Alyssa looks absolutley stunning in the latest pics kramer posted. You have to be smoking something if anybody suggest she needs a haircut. She looks outstanding with long hair.

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: December 17 2007 at 12:17pm

Contrary to Mad Gasser's prediction in another post, there's no POB in Milanoland as of December 2007:

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1056052947/an/0/page/0#1056052947 - http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1056052947/an/0/page/0#1056052947

And I don't think there will be anything short for a long time. She tried the pixie, and is now going through the standard post-short-cut boomerang reaction of growing it as long as possible. When it gets to her butt, she'll cut it to breast length. Beyond that, I wouldn't expect to see even long bangs.

I think that's a bummer, as Alyssa pulls off short styles really well. Certainly nothing wrong with this look, it's beautiful, but as I always say, "long" is not a style (at least to me). And for the record, no smoke in my system, just a difference of opinion!

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: December 17 2007 at 12:27pm
I'd say it's real as well. Extensions usually have a tell-tale chunked look about them.

Posted By: LadyinDiamonds
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 12:30am
I agree with Curlyfan, to me she really wore short hair well.
Of course she is so beautiful in any hair length.
I still believe it is extensions.

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 2:03am
Why?

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 2:50am
My guess would be because in the world of celebrities,we cant always believe what we see.

If you read the hair extensions forum on here,you will see how many people do them on their own now,and that they are not hard to acheive and often look so realistic no one would be the wiser.A celeb with alot of  money could accomplish even more.

-------------

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 7:53am
True, but anyone who follows WI or Getty will see the gradual growing out process taking place over a couple of years--unless she just pretended to grow it and added a few extra extensions each month (hardly likely!)

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 8:15am
Originally posted by LadyinDiamonds LadyinDiamonds wrote:

I agree with Curlyfan, to me she really wore short hair well.
Of course she is so beautiful in any hair length.
I still believe it is extensions.

To quote myself earlier in this very thread...

"Go back and check out the timeline.  It hasn't been that fast.  She got the pixie in August of 2003.  That's over FOUR years of growth at this point if she hadn't trimmed it that much.  And since she started growing it out, it really doesn't appear she has other than to keep the ends even.

She's simply just let it go and she's well within the up to TWO FEET of hair she could grown out by now."

As I said before, really long hair isn't always extensions (see Kate Walsh, Charisma Carpenter, CNN newsreader Robin Meade, etc.)

That's the frustrating thing about extensions these days is that not just that you can't tell what the actual length/style is, but that everyone immediately assumes that any celeb who has long hair must be using them.

As usual,
JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

True, but anyone who follows WI or Getty will see the gradual growing out process taking place over a couple of years--unless she just pretended to grow it and added a few extra extensions each month (hardly likely!)

I dont follow those sites.

I'm not disagreeing that it isnt her real hair(although there is really no way for any one to know for sure). Just gave a reason why some people may think otherwise.

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2008 at 3:39pm
AM on Earl.

Posted By: Godsflowerrr
Date Posted: January 21 2008 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

LOL...I was thinking the same thing..lol

-------------

Date Posted: January 21 2008 at 10:13pm