Print Page | Close Window

advice for a nervous 2nd go round!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57483
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 3:13am

Topic: advice for a nervous 2nd go round!
Posted By: elise0305
Subject: advice for a nervous 2nd go round!
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:40am
Hey all! i posted in the introduction section.. and am coming str8t for the part im after....lol

here is my Story/Dilemma/tragedy...lmao

im guesing about 1yr or so ago...I decided to grab 2 boxes (for extremely type 4A long curly hair)of born blonde ultra and went at it for 60 minutes... lifted to a almost a pastel orange, then 1 week later put 20vol+mega blonde something on it to help... well STILL had orange...so i gave it up for a month.. yea i kno AWFUL. dyed it a dark brown redken color, then about 6 months later dyed it brown again... which is now all faded etc.., i have also trimmed my hair a few times...

so i kno as a base color .. im still orange correct? and right now i feel that my hair was very badly damaged by the bleaching THEN... and now its not 100% but its much healthier for sure... so how can i go about my platinum status i am so desiring!? any help would so be greatful!

Replies:
Posted By: Rebekah
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:08pm
Grow it out, then bleach to pale yellow.

Have you tried to add highlights with a milder bleach and then start bleaching the roots and blending it all?  I've seen that done before. 

Rebekah

Posted By: laughinginterro
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 7:56pm
Rebekah has good advice.

Also, you may be able to get to platinum gradually.  Rather than bleach it platinum in one go, get it to a 7 or 8 and, every few months, lughten the ends another level.  It takes some time, but it works and gives your hair some time to repair in between lightening.

Print Page | Close Window