Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57628
Printed Date: May 01 2024 at 5:53am

Topic: How would this look?
Posted By: MrsAmandaR
Subject: How would this look?
Date Posted: November 05 2007 at 6:26pm

Alright, I'm sort of obsessing today.  I know I want to go short but I can't afford an expensive hairdresser and I'm worried it won't come out right unless I am extremely specific.

Anyway, this is my hair:

I want to cut it sort of like this:

Since my hair is thick and wavy, will this work for me?  I am pretty sure a bob won't work for me, too much work to straighten it and get it to curl under the right way.  Should I get choppy layers or shaggy layers or what?

Please help, and thank you!

Replies:
Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: November 05 2007 at 7:47pm
Wow, you're really up for a big change.  My wife also has thick and curly hair and she has been very short before; she also has worn a bob but she did have to blow it out everytime.  It's all in the cut.  The first time she went short she did it at a Fantastic Sams and got great results.  I would take pictures of what you want; if the stylist balks at what you want to do, go somewhere else.  You're paying for the cut, get what you want.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: MrsAmandaR
Date Posted: November 06 2007 at 3:47pm
Well, it's done.  Not quite as short as I was thinking, but it was hard to tell when it was wet while I was getting it cut.  I do like it though, I'll probably wear it like this for a while and get it shorter next time.

Should have pics in a couple days.

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: November 06 2007 at 8:27pm
Glad you you like the results; anxiously awaiting the new pictures.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: trout
Date Posted: November 07 2007 at 6:46am
Is that a picture of you?  I look at it and I see Drew Barrymore who happens to be one of my very favorite ever short haired women.  If I were you I would look for pictures of her because she had a thousand hairstyles and they all worked.

Good for you cutting it all off.

Posted By: Snipette
Date Posted: November 08 2007 at 1:36pm
What about something like this?
or
or if you're feeling particularly daring
Let me know if you like any of these and i'll see if i can find more of the same.
Smile
Good luck
S

Posted By: lovebobs
Date Posted: November 08 2007 at 9:42pm
wow thats alotta hair off!
did they stylist cut the bottom with clippers or is it all one length around?

-------------
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Posted By: Aishwarya Rai
Date Posted: November 28 2007 at 2:39am
Sure, it will sure you, as your hair is shiny, wavy and straight-friendly, but take care, when u go for a cut, keep it shoulder length first, and do not go straight for the shorter version of the bob, or shortest to say so!!!

Inform us, if u got the hair trimmed or cut or not? How it luks?

-------------
long hair is asset, but cutting is awesome, makes a girl look sexier, hotter, modern and gorgeous. Not? Can you kindly tell why u shy, and if u have cutting, what inspried you for it.....AISHWARYA RAI

Posted By: Aishwarya Rai
Date Posted: November 30 2007 at 3:28am
Great, that u decided to get the cut, but it has been so many days, as u infromed about ur hair getting it cut, but still u have not pasted or posted any of ur photos, why? We look forward to ur haircut snaps out hair!!!

-------------
long hair is asset, but cutting is awesome, makes a girl look sexier, hotter, modern and gorgeous. Not? Can you kindly tell why u shy, and if u have cutting, what inspried you for it.....AISHWARYA RAI

Print Page | Close Window