Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58257
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 8:16pm

Topic: HELP!!!!!!! NEW WITH COLOUR PROBLEM
Posted By: *Annette*
Subject: HELP!!!!!!! NEW WITH COLOUR PROBLEM
Date Posted: December 11 2007 at 6:35am
Hi there,

Have just popped over from extensions as I have a colour problem...

Dont know if you ladies can help, but I coloured my hair  (supposedly light brown Angry) at the weekend and its gone virtually black especially at the ends.

Is there anything I can do to lift the colour sightly? It donent'n *not* suit me, its just a bit shcoking going from a reddy, golden, blondie light brown to near black. 

Friends have said they think its fine but my mum says its awful (she's an ex hairdresser)

TIA

-------------
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com

Replies:
Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 11 2007 at 8:15pm
There is alot you can do.Smile

First,you could just try washing it ALOT with something harsh such as dishwashing liquid (dawn,ajax) Or I think Rebekah has even said Tide works before.

If that doesnt work,(but most darker colors fade tremendously the first two weeks)
You could use a color remover product. Was it permante color or a semi/temp color? For a semi,there is a great product called METALEX.
It is oil based and takes the color out without much damage.

For permante,there is colorzap and now the new Color oops by Loreal.

It is important to know that after using these products you will need to recolor.This time be sure to do a strand test and make sure the color isnt too dark.Always go with a color that is slightly lighter then the color you are aiming for.
Sounds like your hair was rather porous and that is way it grabbed the color so much.You may need to slightly trim your ends.

(the Metalex and Color zap can be found at Beauty supply stores such as Sally's or online.Color oops can be found at Rite Aid)

Posted By: *Annette*
Date Posted: December 12 2007 at 3:20am
Thanks for that!

I ordered some color oops from Amazon as you cant buy it over in the UK, then I'll go to the hairdressers and get them to colour it properly for me Wink

-------------
Annette xxx

www.2swim4life.com

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 12 2007 at 4:00am
Awesome.I hope you get the color you wantThumbs%20Up

Print Page | Close Window