Print Page | Close Window

haircut

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58341
Printed Date: September 28 2024 at 8:20pm

Topic: haircut
Posted By: Lickalime
Subject: haircut
Date Posted: December 15 2007 at 3:49pm
I got my hair cut yesterday.  I got 2 &1/2 inches cut.  I really needed it.  I really like the cut and my hair feels much better.  I got a few face framing layers put in

I do have a question:  my stylist used a brush on my hair when it was wet (hurt really bad and tangled my hair and it was a plastic bristled paddle brush) and she used a razor to cut my layers.  if I go back to her should I ask her to not use a brush on my hair when wet and to not razor my layers?

I am moving in a few days and may be looking for a new stylist.  is it rude for me to ask the person doing my hair to use certain tools and not to brush my hair when wet?

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Replies:
Posted By: gizz444
Date Posted: December 16 2007 at 2:56pm
I personally think it makes perfect sense that you should be able to ask them to use (or not use) certain things on your hair...and if they wanted to keep a paying customer they'd listen. I don't have a lot of experience with salons though so I'm not sure...

Posted By: gypsydoll
Date Posted: December 16 2007 at 4:42pm
I agree, you are the one paying.  Tell them what you prefer. 

If it seems like the stylist is having trouble with long hair, offer to comb the tangles out and then let him/her style.  I've done that before.

-------------
Jen, (1a/f/ii)

Posted By: hairbraider
Date Posted: December 18 2007 at 8:39pm
If they're not willing to work with you, find someone who is.

-------------
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
http://hairbraider.spaces.live.com - click here to go to My Hair Space

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 7:00am
Some long haired people actually call and set up an "interview" with their stylist where they gauge how long-hair-friendly the person cutting their hair will be.  If they don't think they can trust them, they don't schedule a haircut.  Be polite of course and say please, but you are certainly able to request what you don't want done (especially a razor cut), and you can walk out of there before they start if they don't sound willing to listen.  

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 3:24pm
     Shocked No way will a razor ever touch my wife's hair, Lickalime! (lol) YOU are the paying customer; i.e., the boss! I've seen magnified ends after razor jobs, and they are thin, uneven and wispy.  As for brushes on wet hair, I think they cause plenty of damage. maybe even on dry hair. Most stylists are NOT skilled in cutting long hair, and I believe that many actually do things to create disappointment and return visits. Blessings, Bob Smile

Print Page | Close Window