Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58528
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 4:01pm

Topic: any suggestions? salon made golden blonde white
Posted By: zoe03
Subject: any suggestions? salon made golden blonde white
Date Posted: December 29 2007 at 12:18pm
I was born blonde and with help have stayed blonde. Always just the one step coloring.  Returned to the salon for root touch up and ended up with gold roots but extremely light/whitish ends.  Beautician used a cool shade (I don't know why she changed...didn't ask me) and I don't like the ultra light color.  Her suggestion was to give it a few shampoos and it will "fade" and blend.  Is there any toner or color I could apply to put more of a golden blonde hue to the hair?  My hair is in good condition, never permed, but below my shoulders. 

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-------------
Zoe

Replies:
Posted By: borne.blonde
Date Posted: December 29 2007 at 12:48pm
Did she initially bleach & tone your hair or do the touch up then put a toner on the rest of your hair? What products did she use & what color is the rest of your hair now?

Posted By: zoe03
Date Posted: December 29 2007 at 3:52pm
In the past I had colored my hair at home with a shampoo in color.  Had been going to a salon for the last several months due to shoulder problems.  Normally just the roots were touched up (brought up to the blonde color).  My roots are a level seven.  This time she put the color on the roots and "refreshed" the ends for about 10 minutes.  But this time she used a cool blonde shade (it was a number and I don't remember) instead of a neutral shade so now the overall color is very very light, whitish blonde but some gold still at the roots.  I told her I thought the color was too light and too white and she said to just wash and condition it and it should blend.  I just wanted a soft golden blonde color....not beach baby blonde.

-------------
Zoe

Print Page | Close Window