Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58693
Printed Date: June 26 2024 at 8:32am

Topic: Heidi Collins
Posted By: fatmoogas
Subject: Heidi Collins
Date Posted: January 07 2008 at 9:38pm
An almost imperceptible metamorphosis continues, as she slowly moves from long short to short long.

Replies:
Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: January 07 2008 at 9:59pm
She's a short hair kind of girl if you ask me.  Seems to be over-layered; there's no fullness.  It just seems to hang there.  I liked her short cuts of the past.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 12:44am
I loved Heidi the way she was, I love Heidi the way she is and I've enjoyed this whole hair growth thing. In fact, I nominated her a couple times to Super-Hair.net's annual hair awards competition, something I stumbled on recently. (Voting begins Tuesday, by the way.) Heidi is a beautiful woman. You've got to see her live on her CNN show. While she looks great in most still photos, she steals the show on her newscast.

Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 1:28am
The only thing I don't like about Heidi is her voice which to my ear sounds a bit harsh and even masculine. Anyway, her hair is great.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 4:46am
I thought her short hair was more fitting for her. 

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 8:57am
Do you think she is just seeing if long hair is right for her? The way she is doing it?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 9:59am

I just hope she is growing into something and that what she has now is not it!

IMO her current look makes her face appear soo long!

Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 10:39am
It's been a weird sort of hairstyle for some time and it's difficult to know what she's been thinking. As for seeing whether long hair suits her---I'm sure that at around 38, she must have had long hair before (in fact remember those debatable photos I posted some time ago?)

If she really goes long then it might look good; these in-between styles are just kind of weird.

Posted By: JerkyFlea
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 1:14pm
Given that after passing the cool messy/flippy growing out stage, she stalled at this style best described as a cross between a WWI pilot's helmet and a new millenium Leather Tuscadero, I think this shows promise.  Hopefully that previous style detour was an aberration and this signifies a plan to grow it out more or at least transition into something other than the oddly layered, weirdly flat style she's cultivated for a while now.

JF

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Posted By: KB
Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 7:23pm
This is an awful length for her really.  For anyone.  And this is probably where most women get discouraged and cut it short again.

I'm curious to see if she'll let it continue to grow.

Date Posted: January 08 2008 at 9:40pm
How is that length "awful?" I challenge you to check out Heidi live on CNN and tell me she isn't amazing looking. Honestly, it's the best she's ever looked in my opinion.

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 5:43am
The metamorphosis continues.

Posted By: paper
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 8:27am
That is one bad haircut.

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 9:30am

Fatmoogas, that photo was from last week. You Heidi hair haters got your way. Heidi arrived this morning with a sizable trim. Her hair is barely touching her collar, it's more layered and it's thinner.

(Mean stuff edited out by Kramer.)

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 9:51am
It's the latest on Go-go. The ME receives CNN International. If she's gone back to the "WW1 flying helmet" you've really got to question her long term sanity.

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 10:01am
I was commenting on the picture posted. I thought that was what this board was for.

You don't like my comment so you insult me?

-------------

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 11:48am
     Hi Paper! Kramer contributes many interesting subjects to to this board, but he has a petulant streak a mile wide. I TOTALLY agree with you that she had an atrocious haircut. Just b/c a styling iron can transform a shoddy cut into something appealing occasionally does not mean that the cut itself was decent.
     BTW, at my bank this morning, 3 of the 4 employees had jagged, indecipherable shortish cuts. It seems that blindfolds are *in* lately. Or maybe the hackers were called away half way into the cut. Makes me long for the old "bowl" method of "hairstyling". LOL Yuck, Bob
     P.S. Kramer, this board is supposed to be fun. It matters not a whit if anyone agrees with you, or me. Cordially, Bob

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 12:46pm
To me it looks like she just lost a inch not much more then that. Unless the last pic posted here isn't the newest one. The wait and see if she gets it pass her shoulders can go on.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Hal
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 1:01pm
Geeze Kramer thats nasty.. even for you!  I would thought you would save such harshness for me or arch!

Kramer:
How is that length "awful?" I challenge you to check out Heidi live on CNN and tell me she isn't amazing looking. Honestly, it's the best she's ever looked in my opinion.

I've seen her live and I hate that style on her

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 2:02pm
Hi Bob Smile Yes, I thought this board WAS fun.

I won't be leaving my comments here anymore.

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 2:39pm
IMO the metamorphosis is continuing. I guess Kramer was referring to this photo:

Which doesn't really look like more than about half inch of dead ends have been cut off--though it does give that uneasy "just cut" look. Importantly the body at the sides has been maintained and it is a step away from the "WW1 flying helmet". Next day, this was a lot more apparent:

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 3:09pm
Fat, I don't think the last two pics are Heidi.

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 3:13pm
Amazing the difference a hairstyle makes! (and it finally seems to be becoming a hairstyle).

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 3:48pm
Even more amazing, Fatmoogas, when you consider that the 2 "next day" pictures are actually an entirely different person - Kyra Phillips, the afternoon anchor.

Krya's hair, IMHO, is in its own parallel rut, grown out but not into any consistent, definable or quite-flattering shape or length (or color). Still, there's something eerily disturbing in the ease with which that innocent mistake could be made....

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 4:08pm
Check out go-go. If it's an error, it's one I took from them. I still stand by the original comment about Heidi moving away from the "WW1 flying helmet".

Posted By: dwolf
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 5:18pm
I didn't think that looked like Heidi....
Heidi is much better looking.

-d-

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Hi Bob Smile Yes, I thought this board WAS fun.

I won't be leaving my comments here anymore.
You're right. It was very rude. I apologize. If anyone should take a break from commenting, it should be me.

I guess I got caught up in the fact that Heidi cut her hair, a style I enjoyed very much, and took it out on others. I was the same way after Alanis cut her hair and after Ann Curry cut hers.

Again, I apologize.

If I can leave you with one thing, let it be this recent YouTube video showing Heidi (well into the piece) about a month ago. It's not much, but at least you can see what I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iD83pMWYRw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iD83pMWYRw

Peace to all.

Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 3:34am
Kyra had her own flying helmet too. Is she actively emulating HC?

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 5:01am
Funny, a while back I commented that Heidi and Kyra were looking the same - most people ignored this.  Now I am vindicated bounce
In my opinion, both need major help

Date Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:55pm
Heidi's off for another dogfight with the Baron.

Date Posted: January 16 2008 at 1:54pm
Thanks Kramer, apology accepted. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: January 17 2008 at 9:17am
LOL. She has her helmet. Just need the goggles she would be all set.

-------------

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: February 27 2008 at 8:34pm
An inch or two shorter?  From 25 February

Here's a couple of days before

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: February 28 2008 at 12:17am
I guess she likes helmet.

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2008 at 9:44am
More like a POB now.

Print Page | Close Window