Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58725
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 8:07pm

Topic: Lowlights?
Posted By: laceydon
Subject: Lowlights?
Date Posted: January 09 2008 at 11:24am
so i was thinking about getting some lowlights in my now auburn hair. anyone ever done lowlights at home? any suggestions? or is this something i should leave to my hair dresser? i usually do my own highlights, but i stopped bleaching my hair because of the damage it was causing. i guess i just want my hair different, but not lighter.
thanks guys!!

Replies:
Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: January 10 2008 at 8:48pm
I have done it before when my hair was really bleached blonde and uniform in color. I found a slightly darker blonde and put streaks in my hair just as you would with highlights. It looked great,but did fade rather quickly on the bleached hair.
I would be careful not to pick a color that is too dark though....but it can definitely be done.

-------------

Posted By: Ally<3
Date Posted: January 11 2008 at 12:45am
You could even use just regular OTC dye and apply where you like. Do a strand test, and wrap the coloured bits in foil after. :)

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2008 at 9:27am

thanks guys! ya'll are the best!

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: January 11 2008 at 3:35pm
Good luck,let's us know how it goesWink

-------------

Posted By: Ally<3
Date Posted: January 11 2008 at 6:38pm
Oo what colour are you going to do?

-------------

Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 12:12pm
i think i am going to do a really dark auburn or even black. when i dyed my hair back to the natural auburn after a few weeks the blonde streaks came back. it looks nice though, adds dimension. i think lowlights will definitly give me the change i want. i just can't decide if i should do them myself or pay my hairdresser 60 bucks again. i will keep ya'll you posted when i decide!

Print Page | Close Window