Print Page | Close Window

Paper's Hair Journal

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Journals & Polls & Related
Forum Name: Hair Journals
Forum Description: Create & Share your own hair journal.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59398
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 9:08am

Topic: Paper's Hair Journal
Posted By: paper
Subject: Paper's Hair Journal
Date Posted: February 29 2008 at 8:34am

Hi Everyone!

For my first entry I'd like to share with you my post I made in the long hair forums......

When I was little my Mom always made me wear my hair in a pixie cut, which I hated. I cryed everytime I had it cut. Cry

When I was in kindergarten, my teacher told us all to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a picture of a girl with really long hair. My teacher asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up? A model or an actress?" I said "NO, I'm going to have long hair when I grow up!" LOL

Replies:
Date Posted: March 01 2008 at 1:23pm
My mom finally let me grow my hair. By the time I was in 6th grade I had waist length straight hair parted down the middle. Wore it that way all the 70's. In the 80's I wore my hair middle of my back layered, bangs, and permed. I used to get home perm from friends. They always turned out ok. Then once I decided to go the salon and get a "good" perm. Well, it turned out so curly, my hair was above my shoulders! It was terrible, I hated it so much. When I was ready for a trim, I went to a new girl in town. While she was trimming my hair, I was telling her how much I hated my perm. She said I didn't have to keep it, she could straighten it for me. So, she put something on my hair and combed it for about hr! After she got done the perm was gone and I had my straight, long hair again! Only problem it left my hair dry and dead looking. Cry So, I went back to her few weeks later had her cut off couple inches. Everytime I went in for trim I had her cut bunch of the dead hair off. I kept my hair shoulder length, with long layers for awhile. Went shorter and shorter. Finally I had my hair chin length layered all over with highlights to cover greys. I have worn my hair that way for the last 5 yrs.

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2008 at 1:34pm
In July 07, was the last time I got highlights. I liked them, but they just weren't covering greys anymore. Sept. 07, was the last time I had my hair cut short. I decided to let my hair grow and color it myself. Thats how I found this site, to learn how to do that. In Nov. 07, I got my hair trimmed first. Bangs trimmed and inch off the back. About a week after that I dyed my hair. My natural hair color is the darkest brown (almost black) By this time I had salt and pepper hair on top and growing out highlights. I wanted to cover greys, and highlights, and go little lighter then my natural color. I ended up using 30 developer, half light ash brown, half light natural brown. The color came out little redder than I wanted, but I still like it alot. And, it is a 100% improvement! What is nice about this color is when my dark roots came in, the color took on a chestnut brown look. So, my last trim was in Nov., Jan. I had my bangs trimmed. In the next couple weeks I'm going to touch up my roots and get a trim in April. I haven't decided how much to cut off. I do want to cut off some of the layers, but same time I don't want to lose my length.

Here are pictures from Jan. 1st and March 1st .......

Date Posted: March 03 2008 at 7:19am

Non Hair Entry: Skin Care.......

I have very sensitive skin. Through this site, I found Mychelle skin products. It has been like a miracle to me. This is the first thing, in my adult life that I can put on my face without it feeling red, dry, and irritated!

First I bought a sample pack for senstive skin. I loved it and bought several full size bottles........

1)Deep repair cream
2)Blueberry mask
3)Eye Cream
4)Fruit mist
5)Honeydew cleanser
6)Night Cream

I LOVE all of these and none irritate my skin at all!

If you have sensitive skin like me, I'd highly recommend Mychelle products. They are a little expensive. A good place to buy them is on e-bay. I bought the blueberry mask for $9 and it cost like $20!

-------------

Date Posted: March 05 2008 at 5:45am
Hair Care:

Since deciding to let my hair grow, I.....

1)Sleep on satin pillowcase.

2)Stopped using the blow dryer. Sometimes, I blow dry my bangs on cool setting.

3)Stopped using a hair brush. I use my horn comb only.

4)Started taking vitamins. For good over all health and healthy hair. And, my fingernails have never looked so good! I'm taking calcium with vitamin D and Fish Oil pills.

-------------

Date Posted: March 07 2008 at 3:28am
Hair Products......

After getting my hair dyed in Nov. 07. I bought some Pantene 2 in 1 for color treated hair. I also tryed some Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner. Well, my hair is thick and these shampoos left my hair too fluffy, and frizzy. I bought some anti frizz spray, that helped some. I did some research and after reading what cones can do to your hair made me want to stop using these!

These are the hair products I'm using now......

1)Naked Naturals shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. I bought these at Walgreens. It has a light fragrance, and leaves my hair feeling clean, light and soft. I shampoo my scalp only. And, use conditioner from the ears down.

2)Love, my new horn comb. I never would of thought a comb would make SO much difference! I have no static and very little frizzys.

3)After my hair is dry, I use the jojoba oil. I rub little in my hands then rub it on my hair. No more frizzys!!!

So, my hair was driving me nuts. I'm happy now with my hair and the products I'm using I'll be sticking with for awhile.

*Tip: I'm using my old conditioners to shave my legs. It works good and leaves my legs feeling soft.

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2008 at 6:29am
Goals, Plans & Pics.......

My goal for now, is to get rid of these layers and have 1 length shoulder length hair. Then, I can grow it as long as I want.

My plan is to get 1/2 inch off every 4 months. Maybe more, if I'm happy with the length, just to get rid of the layers! I'm happy with my hair right now. The back is resting past my shoulders. So, If I keep getting trimmed and still have that length, I'd be happy. Smile

I've been taking pic of the back of my head, the 1st of every month. I can see it's grown quite a bit. I bought a tape measure the other day, and my hair is 17" long. Thats measuring from the top of my forehead to my back.

Here is a picture of how short I wore my hair. It was this short 6 months ago!

Now, I can wear it in a ponytail!!!

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2008 at 3:35am
Non Hair Entry: Diet & Exercise

So, I gained 10 lbs over the holidays and winter. Dead My goal is to lose that plus 20 more! I just got done low carb diet and in 3 weeks I've lost 9 lbs. Today, I'm starting a crazy diet lol. It's called 11 day diet or diet for idiots. If you go to their web site it cost like $40. I bought it at e-bay for $9.99. You get a list of foods and you pick 30 that you like and a 11 day diet plan is made for you. It says your suppose to lose 9lbs in 11 days. Go off diet for 3 days then back on for 11 days. We will see how it goes! Should be fun anyways.

Exercise: I was using my treadmill everyday. The last time I used it, it all of a sudden went full speed. I couldn't turn it down or off. I had to jump off it and unplug it. I just found out the other day, this happened to other people and some were injured. The company is sending me free moter and computer for treadmill. I can't wait to get my treadmill back working.

I'm so excited, my Pom-A-Poo puppy was born last night! hoorayWill be getting some pics today.

-------------

Date Posted: March 13 2008 at 7:11pm
Update.....

Touched up my roots today. It turned out great! I'm not going to wait as long next time. I waited 4 months and had about 2" of new growth.

Here's a pic of my Pom-A-Poo puppy.....

The black one is mine, her name is Lucy.

-------------

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:39am
Dieting.....

So, I tryed the 11 day diet AKA fatloss4idiotsdiet. Well, I didn't  lose any weight. Unhappy I would not recommend this diet.

I started a diet plan of my own. I will be eating....

cereal
veg
fruit
fish
chicken
shrimp
skim milk
coffee
tea
water

The part for my treadmill is on back order until April 11th. I will be so glad to get my treadmill working again! That will help with the weight loss.

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:16am
I just bought some hair jewelry on e-bay. I think I got a pretty good deal. I bought 3 pieces and with shipping and handling, I paid about $15. I'll post pics when I get them. Can't wait, there so pretty!

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2008 at 8:19am
Pictures of my new hair jewelry....

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=14544 -

-------------

Date Posted: September 12 2008 at 8:55am
Update Sept. 08....

It's been 6 months since my last entry and 1 yr. since my last short hair cut. This last yr., I had my hair trimmed 3 times, an inch off the back each time, to get rid of layers.

This is the way my hair looked 6 months ago....

And, this is what it looks like now. I'm wearing my new flexi-8, which I love!....

Routine....

I'm now using Giovanni Shampoo and Conditioner. A little Jojoba Oil on my ends. Heavy overnight oiling with Coconut Oil, as needed.

Plans...

My only plans are to not trim as much and take good care of my hair. Smile

My Puppy, Lucy.....

Lucy is 6 months old now. Here is her picture.....

She so sweet, I love her so much!!!

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2008 at 4:59pm
Update Dec. 08....

Length Shot....

Trimming....

I had my hair trimmed about half inch on Oct. 30th. My layers are pretty much gone, I'm so happy about that!!! My plan is to get a small trim every 4 months. To keep my ends in good shape and to get my hair all one length.

Root Touch Up.....

I touched up my roots on Nov. 20th. I probably won't have to do them again for about 3 months.

Routine and Products.....

I am using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner. I love this stuff! I wash my hair twice a week, and apply jojoba oil to the sides and ends after. About once a month, I do a deep over night condtioning with coconut oil.

Goals.....

I have a mini goal of 20". I measured my hair today, and I'm at 19"! I will reach that goal soon. My next goal will be APL=Arm Pit Length.

Updos.....

Here are a few updos I tryed. A cinnabun and braid.....

Lucy.....

Oh, I got Lucys hair cut too :).....

-------------

Date Posted: December 03 2008 at 12:31pm
New Hair Toy....

I bought this cute green flower ponytail holder at Walmart today for only $4.00. It's so pretty!

This is how it looks in my hair.....

-------------

Posted By: smilinjenn71
Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 2:17pm
Way to grow!!!  Your hair is growing nicely and I love your hair toys, very pretty.  I hope my ends will have a nice wave like yours.  They give your hair movement.  Thanks for the updates!

Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:10pm
Thanks Jenn! I'm waiting on a new flexi-8 I bought. I'll post pics when I get it.

-------------

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:56pm
I hope it's ok that I also add your hair looks great!

Date Posted: December 06 2008 at 7:41am
Thanks Jules! Smile

It's ok with me if someone wants to leave a comment on my journal. I feel like Jenn does, it is encouraging!

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: December 11 2008 at 11:51am
Looking good. Just inch away from your 20" goal. Way to go. Now to arm pit. Good luck.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: December 12 2008 at 4:02pm
Thanks Mike for your support. Smile I am looking forward to reaching my mini goals.

I got my new Flexi-8 in the mail today. I'll be taking action shots soon, and will post them.

I found a few spilts the other day and did a S&D. I shouldn't have any spilts, I just got a trim about a month ago! Confused Anyways, I am going to wear my hair up for awhile, and baby my ends. When I went to the hair dressers she used a flat iron on my hair, which freaked me out. I'm wondering if thats where the damage is coming from.

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2008 at 12:19am
I would stay away from any heat. Everything I have picked up not too many with long hair like Dryers and Irons.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: December 15 2008 at 8:27am
I agree, Mike. I decided the next time I get a trim, I'm leaving with my hair wet! I am seriously thinking about buying a good pair of sissors and have my DH trim my hair, when needed. I am also thinking about stopping dyeing my hair. Confused I'm not sure about the salt and pepper look. I have been looking at pics of women with salt and pepper hair, and it can be hot!

-------------

Date Posted: December 16 2008 at 7:47am
My New Flexi-8....

Here are some pics of my new flexi. I got a size XS it fits alot better then the Small I bought last time. I'm not loving the gold color against my hair. But, I do love it. I can't wait to buy more of them. Big%20smile

Conditioning....

Since last post, I did an over night of heavy oiling with coconut oil. My hair soaked it up. My hair is so dry this winter.  My hair looks and feels so much better now. Smile I am going to do the heavy oiling every week or so.

-------------

Date Posted: December 22 2008 at 8:40am
Ponytail progress pics....

I took this pic in the spring of 2008. I was so excited I could wear my hair in a ponytail! Barely, as you can see, the sides are sticking out.

I took this pic about a week ago. I noticed I was wearing the same shirt.

Other hair news....

I stopped using Jojoba Oil. It was making my ends dry and crunchy. I haven't done any daily oiling in a couple weeks. I'm only doing the over night oiling with coconut oil, once a week or so. My hair feels and looks great!

Merry Christmas! Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: December 22 2008 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Ponytail progress pics....

I took this pic in the spring of 2008. I was so excited I could wear my hair in a ponytail! Barely, as you can see, the sides are sticking out.

I took this pic about a week ago. I noticed I was wearing the same shirt.

Other hair news....

I stopped using Jojoba Oil. It was making my ends dry and crunchy. I haven't done any daily oiling in a couple weeks. I'm only doing the over night oiling with coconut oil, once a week or so. My hair feels and looks great!

Merry Christmas! Big%20smile

AWESOME growth!Clap  I'm so excited for you!

Date Posted: December 22 2008 at 10:18pm
Looking good. Heck why not go for the salt and peper look if you don't like how it looks on you dye it.

-------------

Date Posted: December 23 2008 at 11:04am
Thanks Jenn for the encouragement!

Thanks Mike! I'm going to at least try to not dye any more. Like you said, if I don't like it, I can just dye it again.  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: December 27 2008 at 10:17am

My DH got me this for christmas.....

I love it! I keep all my jewelry, hair toys and make-up in it. It's nice to have everything in one place! I got some money and gift cards too. I went shopping today and bought some earrings and make-up. Oh, and I bought a good pair of Shears on ebay. Those came in the mail today. Also, I contacted flexi-8 and told them I didn't like the gold flexi, they told me I can exchange it. Big%20smile I'm getting a silver one with light blue. I'll take pictures of it in my hair when I get it.

-------------

Date Posted: December 28 2008 at 3:55pm
Looks like you are getting everything you need to keep your hair long,strong and healthly looking. Can't wait to see what 2009 brings you.

-------------

Posted By: MimiKeki
Date Posted: December 28 2008 at 6:07pm
Wow Paper. Your hair is looking lovely. The condition, the colour.. And it seems to grow rather fast. You've made me want new hair toys now. I have a real love for pretty hair tidbits.. Like a magpie    Let's hope 2009 brings us all great luck for our growth plans
xx

-------------
Trying to grow out layers for a more matched, and uniformed style :D

Date Posted: December 29 2008 at 9:03am
Thanks Mike and MimiKeki!

It's going to be interesting to see where 2009 brings us!

-------------

Date Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:41pm

One Year Progress Pictures.

This picture was taken Jan 08....

This picture was taken 1 year later....

I have on the same shirt so you can see how much it grew. I measured my hair and gained 1 inch last month! My hair is now 20" long. I'm so excited to reach my mini goal of 20" hoorayI didn't expect that until Feb.

My New Year Resolution, is to exercise! I bought a floor mat and weights and am going walk on my tread mill every day.

My Hair Goals, for 2009. I reached my mini goal of 20". Next goal is APL. I think I'll reach that at 23". And, then BSL by end of the year.

Happy New Year!!! party

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 10:19am
Hair Cutting Tools....

I'm all set now to trim my own hair! dance1

I bought some good Shears and the CreaClip. I trimmed my own bangs last night, and they turned out great! It's going to be nice keeping my bangs the length I like. And, I'm going to have my DH trim the back of my hair every few months, just a tiny bit to clean up the ends. I'm so excited, I don't have to go to the salon any more! dance3

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 3:18pm

LOVE your new jewelry chest!  It's so pretty and will be a lot of fun keeping all your goodies in there.  Congrats on the hair tools too!  My hubby would be a nervous wreck to cut my hair. 

Good luck on your resolutions!  My NY resolution is to; make no NY resolutions.dance2

Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:30pm
Thanks Jenn!

Haha you sound like my son!

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2009 at 8:34am
Measuring...

I just measured my APL is 23-24" and BSL is 26-27"

I'm at 20" now, so it is possible to reach those goals this year! barmy

Especially now that I have my own cutting tools, I can do micro trims.

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2009 at 9:03pm
Cool looks like your mini goals are going to be easy to reach. Good luck and glad to be able to be there for the ride.

-------------

Date Posted: January 07 2009 at 7:32am
Thanks Mike, for your  interest and support!

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2009 at 3:21pm
My hair has been so dry and frizzy this winter! I started using Jojoba Oil again. This time, I'm using it on my dry hair. I rub a drop in my hands then smooth it on my hair. It's working good, my hair feels so soft! I'm not getting the crunchiness, like I was when I was putting it on my wet hair.

I bought some Coconut Water today. I'm not sure how I'm going to use it yet. Either as a rinse or a leave in. Also, I ordered a sample pack of soapnuts on e-bay. Some people have had wonderfull results washing their hair with them. I'll let you know my results!

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2009 at 10:22am
Cream of Coconut....

Apparently what I bought was Cream of Coconut not Coconut Water. Cream of Coconut has the same consisteny as Condtioner. So, I used it in place of my Conditioner this morning. It is great stuff, my hair feels so soft. I'm also going to try heating some up and using it as an hot oil treatment!

Here is a picture I just took of my hair....

You can really see my dark hair coming in. I'm excited to see what my natural hair looks like!

-------------

Date Posted: January 13 2009 at 11:46am
I got my new Flexi-8's in the mail today!

I traded my gold one in for the silver and blue one. And, I exchanged the silver and black one for a smaller size. These are perfect! I love them!

I'll take some pictures of them in my hair soon!

Also, I got my sample pack of Soapnuts. I'm letting them soak overnight to use them to wash my hair tomorrow. I'll post how I like them!

Non Hair Entry....

I bought some Burts Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub and Radient Day Cream. I have very sensitive skin, so I hope this doesn't irriate it. I've been using Mychelle products. I love them! But, they are expensive and I'm almost out and was looking for something new to try. I've heard good reviews about Burts Bees. I can't wait to try them!

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 10:32am
Wow the red looks great. Your hair is looking good.

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 11:44am
Thanks Mike! One thing I noticed when I go a few months between root touch ups, my hair takes on a chestnut brown color. So not too bad. I like it!

I tryed the Burts Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub and Radient Day Cream. LOVE it! My face didn't turn red or irriated at all. My face has never looked or felt better. If you have dry and sensitive skin like me, I'd recommend Burts Bees.

I washed my hair this morning with Soapnuts. I didn't like these at all! It feels well, like I washed my hair with soap lol. I'm going to stick to my Giovanni Smooth As Silk. Love that stuff!

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 11:29pm
Sounds like hit or miss with hair wash stuff. Heck might as well find out what works and don't.

-------------

Date Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:46am
Thats true! And, it is fun trying new things. Wink

It is nice finding something that works though. Seems like when the seasons change, so does hair care!

-------------

Date Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:35pm
My new Flexi-8. I like this color alot better then the gold one!

Close up.....

-------------

Date Posted: January 18 2009 at 6:58am
Here's a couple pictures I took the other day.

Butterfly Clip.....

I bought this a long time ago, but my hair was too short to wear it!

Halfup....

I think my ends look good in this picture. I still can't believe my layers are gone! barmy

-------------

Date Posted: January 19 2009 at 9:32pm
Looking good paper. Are you going for all one lenght?

-------------

Date Posted: January 20 2009 at 6:44am
Thanks Mike! Smile

This is the way my hair was.....

The last time I had it cut and highlighted like this was in Sept. 07. My goal was to grow out all those layers! They are all pretty much gone. My hair is a little shorter on the sides, but they blend right in, you can't tell. Oh, and I have bangs too. Now, I'm just letting it grow long. I always had long hair, until I turned 40 and cut it. I am excited to have long hair again! Big%20smile 

-------------

Date Posted: January 20 2009 at 12:04pm
You have come a long way already. Keep going. Plus you are throwing it out there no matter how old you are you can have long hair.

-------------

Date Posted: January 20 2009 at 6:19pm
I agree, your never too old to have long hair!!!

I used some of my Cream of Coconut for a hot oil treatment. It turned to the consistency of honey. It was a little messy, but it did a great job, it left my hair so soft!

I just won couple items on e-bay. My first Hair Sticks! I can't wait to try those. I hope they stay in my hair, my hair is a little slippery. I'll post pictures when I get them.

Also, I won a Purple Snowflake Necklace I love purple and snowflakes, I was so excited to find it! I'll post a pic of necklace too.

After washing my hair the other day, I let it air dry, and this is what I got.....

Notice the curl, I thought it was cute, so I took a picture.  My hair is weird, some days straight some days wavy! Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: January 21 2009 at 2:07pm
Thank you for the new pic. Keep it up.

-------------

Date Posted: January 26 2009 at 12:42pm
I got all my new toys in the mail today! Beak Clip, Purple Snowflake necklace & Hair Sticks.

I bought this brush about a week ago and love it! Goody Styling Therapy Jojoba Cushion Brush. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny, and it doesn't rip your hair. Very nice brush.

Off to try on my new hair toys!!! I'll try to get some pictures posted.

-------------

Date Posted: January 29 2009 at 12:32pm
I practiced a little with my hair sticks......

I have some hair up with just 1 stick. Cool

I love my Beak Clip too. It's so easy to use and it holds up any hairstyle. It's hair friendly and very compfortable. I have to get some pics!

I think I'm turning into a hair toy addict lol. I just bought 2 more hair sticks, one with purple top and another one with blue top. Also, I bought another Flexi-8. I figure with all the money I'm saving from hair cuts and hair dye, I'm entitled! Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 8:31am
Non Hair Entry....

I've always wondered what my skin tone was. After doing some research, I'm a Cool/Winter

for my future reference....

Winter

Winter is a cool tone. People with winter complexions have blue or pink/rosy undertones. Skin can be pale and porcelain white, yellowish-olive, or dark. Winters are generally brunettes with deeply coloured eyes. Many Asians and African Americans fall into this category. Natural white-blondes may also be winters.

Best Colours for Winter

Those with the winter colour profile have a lot of depth to their colouring and a lot of contrast between their hair colour, eye colour and skin tone. Winters should wear hues that are sharp, stark and clear. You will look best in intense, rich colours, like black, navy blue, red, and hot pink. These powerful shades will compliment your colouring. For lighter colours, wear bright white or icy pastels, such as like cool blues, pinks and yellows.

Worst Colours for Winter

Avoid dressing in earthy tones and subdued colours like beige, orange and gold. They will make you look faded and ashen.

COOL TONES are rich, true colors that have blue undertones. Cool toned people can wear the vivid blue red beautifully; add the rich raspberries, deep emerald greens, royal blue, plums or pure black. The softer pastels from the blue range and rose-based pinks also nicely enhance the cool skin tones. From the green palette choose the emerald and icy greens, as well as the aqua blue green from the very light pastel shades to the deeper tones. The pure white or a soft white looks great with the cool skin tones. Clear lemon yellows and rich colors like ruby and sapphire will sweeten your wardrobe. A key color this season is the aquatic blues and a whole range of tones that evoke the deep ocean hues. Add some of that high voltage pink to sweeten your day!

Winter
The colors of this season have cool blue undertones, and most are virtually pastel versions of the Summer palette. Baby blue, slate blue, powder pink, seafoam green and slate grey are typical Winter colors. A number of the colors are suggestive of the season for which they were named: winter white and the myriad of icy colors such as icy blue and icy pink. Grey skies tinged with blue and mauve, and bare trees with a grey ghostlike appearance personify the colors of winter.

http://www.mineral-makeup-reviews.com/Cool-or-Warm-Skin-Tone.html - http://www.mineral-makeup-reviews.com/Cool-or-Warm-Skin-Tone.html

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 9:01am
Here's some pictures of my hair using my new Beak Clip....

Bun...

French Twist....I need to work on that a little!

It really holds my hair great, and it so easy to use!

Here's a side view of my hair.....

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 10:18am
I'm glad you like your new toys. Nice job on the updos. Thank you for posting.

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 3:33pm
Nice job on your updos.  I like your new toys!

How fun; finding out your colors too.  I'm also a Winter!

Date Posted: January 31 2009 at 5:02am
Thanks Mike Smile I appreciated your support!

Thanks Jenn! Thats cool your a winter too! Cool I've always wondered what I was, but never took the time to find out. It's funny, the colors that I'm suppose to be wearing already were my favorite!

-------------

Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 10:06am
                                      *** Progress Report ***

My hair grew 1/2 an inch for Jan. I was hoping for another inch like Dec. But, at least it's growing!

Length Shot

-------------

Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 1:00pm
Looks good. Thanks for the update.

-------------

Date Posted: February 02 2009 at 4:21am
Thanks Mike for the compliment! And, your support as always! Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2009 at 7:22pm
So, I've been practicing using hair sticks. I think I'm getting the hang of them. I've got my eye on a beautiful hair fork. Kinda expensive though, but I'm sure I'll get it soon, I can't stop thinking about it. Wink

Also, I decided a few months ago to go natural. I'm not dyeing my hair any more. A couple days ago, I mixed some conditioner and little bit of medium ash brown, semi-permanent. I wanted to darken up my length to match my roots better. I am happy with the results. I think you can tell in the picture my hair is darker.

-------------

Date Posted: February 23 2009 at 8:40am
I'm so excited, I just ordered my first hair fork! barmy The color is charcoal silvertone, I thought it would match my new salt & pepper hair. Smile

This is the color...

The next one I want to get is purple, my favorite color! It's pretty popular, it's out of stock for now.

I like this one too.....

I'm still waiting on a new flexi and hair stick I bought. I hope to get them soon and get some new pictures up.

Everythings going good. I'll be measuring and taking progress picture March 1st. I'm getting close to APL!

-------------

Date Posted: February 28 2009 at 9:20pm

I'm so excited, I just ordered my first hair fork! barmy The color is charcoal silvertone, I thought it would match my new salt & pepper hair. Smile

This is the color...

The next one I want to get is purple, my favorite color! It's pretty popular, it's out of stock for now.

I like this one too.....

I'm still waiting on a new flexi and hair stick I bought. I hope to get them soon and get some new pictures up.

Everythings going good. I'll be measuring and taking progress picture March 1st. I'm getting close to APL!

Pretty hair toys!  I can't wait to see your progress pic for March!!  I hope you are to APL soon....yay!!!!

Date Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:02pm
My hair grew another half an inch for Feb. barmyI'm at 21" now!

Here's a new length shot, showing off one of my new hair toys too! I love this dangle flexi.

I should get my new hair fork this week, I can't wait!

Thanks Jenn! I am anxious to get to APL, probably another couple months.

-------------

Date Posted: March 03 2009 at 2:55pm
Looking great. Thanks for the up date and keep growing.

-------------

Date Posted: March 04 2009 at 9:37am
*** Warning Roots Ahead ***    
I know some people hate them....

This was taken outside to get actual color....

The best decision I've made is to stop dyeing my hair! I want long and healthy hair. I forgot how much I liked my dark hair. So what if theres white highlights. Tongue

Thanks again Mike!  I appreciate your support!

-------------

Date Posted: March 06 2009 at 10:11am
barmyI got my first hair fork, it's as cute as can be! barmy

Here's a picture of it...

And, in my hair...

Just for fun, my bun in November. My hair is growing!

-------------

Date Posted: March 07 2009 at 11:29am
hehe, Look at your bun!  It's getting bigger all the time.  Aren't ya glad it's your bun and not your bunS???? lol

Date Posted: March 08 2009 at 9:16am
teehee Yeah, if I'm going to have big buns, I'd rather they be my hair buns!!!

-------------

Date Posted: March 08 2009 at 11:22am
I just got done trimming my bangs. I am so psyched, they are almost all my natural color! barmy

I'm thinking by May, I should reach 2 mini goals.

1) APL
2) Bangs natural color

I don't think I mentioned this before, I'm growing out some of my bangs. They were a little too thick. As there growing out, they will be nice face framing layers.

I just ordered another fork. barmyI bought a red one this time. I'll post pictures when I get it!

-------------

Date Posted: March 09 2009 at 11:36am
Yes the fork looks great. Thanks for posting.

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2009 at 8:29pm
Thanks Mike!

I want to buy a couple more forks then thats it for awhile! I have a nice variety of hair toys now.

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2009 at 8:33am
Well, so much for not buying anymore hair toys! LOL Flexi-8 is having free shipping right now, so I had to take advantage of that! I also got a good deal on the swapboard for another flexi and barrettes. After all these come in, I  have my eye on 2 more hair forks. Then I will be happy with my collection!

-------------

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: March 16 2009 at 2:09pm

OMG we seem to be hair twins.At least as far as color goes. I love your fork collection I'm a sucker for dymondwood,but have yet to own any.

I havent had the baby yet.Still have four months,but I remember the dreaded fallout,lol.

Date Posted: March 24 2009 at 4:49am
Everythings going good! I'm loving my virgin hair, it feels so soft! I noticed I have to wash my hair more often though. I have to be careful not to dry out the old dye, so I'm working on that. It's been 5 months since my last trim. My ends look good and I don't feel the need to trim, so thats good! Getting closer to APL!  barmy   I've got some pictures of my new hair toys. I bought a little purple heart fork and a royal blue flexi....

I'm going to buy this fork. Then that will be it for awhile!!!

Wee%20Shell%20Macassar%20Ebony%204.5%20Functional%20Prong

-------------

Date Posted: March 25 2009 at 6:59am
My newest little fork works perfect in my half-ups!

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:21am
Thank you for posting. Looking great.

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2009 at 6:45am
Thanks for looking Mike! Smile

Date Posted: March 28 2009 at 9:55pm
Your welcome. Love how your hair is turning out.

-------------

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: March 31 2009 at 8:18am
WOW!

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Date Posted: April 01 2009 at 11:26am
Hi Kramer! Big%20smile Thanks for the compliment!

I don't have a new length shot yet. I slept on my hair wet last night so it's a little funky today lol. I did measure though, I gained another half an inch. I'm at 21.5 now. About another inch to APL!

Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 12:03am
Sorry we've sort of lost touch, doll, but it's kind of cool checking in after a month or two and seeing the growth. I'm proud of you!

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 1:34pm
Thanks Kramer hun! Hug You have been wonderful with all your support and encouragement. Who would of thought we would end up being friends? LOL

New length shot.....

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 12:42am
Wow looking great. Thanks again for the update. What is your next mini goal?

-------------

Posted By: suicides_eve
Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 7:57am
wow paper thats really getting long.Heart

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuicidesEve - YouTube Guru Makeup & Hair tutorial and How To's
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suicides-EVE/162213213843641 - MY FACEBOOK

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 8:32am
Thanks suicides_eve! Wink I was just going to send you a PM on my progress.

Thanks Mike! Smile My goal is to reach APL. Then, I'm going to trim half an inch to clean up my ends. Then I'm going to let my hair grow to BSL without any trims. I should be there by the end of the year.

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:27pm

Thanks suicides_eve! Wink I was just going to send you a PM on my progress.

Thanks Mike! Smile My goal is to reach APL. Then, I'm going to trim half an inch to clean up my ends. Then I'm going to let my hair grow to BSL without any trims. I should be there by the end of the year.

Woohooooo, that's exciting PAPER!!  Your hair is really getting long these days.  I'm excited for you!

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 7:32am
Thanks Jenn! Your sweet, and I look forward watching your journey also! sunny

Date Posted: April 15 2009 at 11:17pm

Come on, it's been 10 days. Your legions of fans are craving an update!

-------------

Date Posted: April 16 2009 at 6:15pm
LOL Kramer, you cracked me up when I read that.

I'll be measuring and taking length shot on the 1st. I might be able to call it APL. It is feeling longer.

I came to the conclusion my virgin hair does not like the moisturizing shampoo I was using for dyed hair.  It leaves my hair limp and lifeless. I  bought some volumizing shampoo I can't wait to try!

I finally bought my Wee Shell hair fork last week, I'm expecting that to come in the mail any day now. I'll take a picture of it in my hair when I get it.

Wee%20Shell%20Macassar%20Ebony%204.5%20Functional%20Prong

Oh, I decided too I want a Ficcare hair clip. Smile Those are very expensive, so I'm waiting for their spring sale. I want the 3rd and 5th one.

ThumbNail

Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 5:57pm
Ohhhhhhhh, didn't realize they have sales.  Good info for the future!  I'll look forward to seeing your new pic (hope you are APL..whoop whoop) and what you choose in the Ficcare line!

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 8:56pm
     HOLY COW! Embarrassed Bob

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 8:18am
Hi Jenn, yeah they also have free shipping if you spend over $80. I have a buddy we're going to order together on their next sale. Can't wait!!!

Hi Bob, good to see you! Thanks for stopping by. Smile

I hope I'll be APL merlin we will have to wait until the 1st for picture. Some days it looks like I'm there, other days it looks like I'm far from it.

It's been a challenge dealing with the dyed hair and virgin hair. I had to find a new rountine. I'm using Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner on my length. Washing my scalp with Giovanni Volumizing Shampoo. My hair has been so soft and fluffy. I love it!!! My ends look good, I have no damage at all. I see no reason to trim for a long time!

Here are some pictures of some new hair toys. The first is from a hair clip I bought at Walmart. The 2nd is my Wee Shell fork from Baerreis.

Date Posted: April 23 2009 at 9:10am
HOT!

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2009 at 10:42am
Thanks Kramer! Embarrassed

Date Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:35am
Wow thank you for the new pics the toy's look good.

-------------

Date Posted: April 28 2009 at 6:54am
Thanks Mike, glad you like the pictures!

Print Page | Close Window