Print Page | Close Window

I got the hair crack, now come take a hit!! (Pics)

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Lace Front Wigs
Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59691
Printed Date: June 22 2024 at 10:04pm

Topic: I got the hair crack, now come take a hit!! (Pics)
Posted By: Breh
Subject: I got the hair crack, now come take a hit!! (Pics)
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:00pm
Greetings to all of my BHM refugees, and all of the divas around the way. I got some hair crack for you!!!!!!!!! I got 2 new lfs around the end of February. One was a loose wave, and the other was a loose curl 1.8 cm. I immediately appleid the loose wave and loved it. Last night I finally broke down and applied the loose curl one after bleaching the knots, washing, conditioning, etc. I really like it alot. I reminds me of one of my wavy ones that I have. Here are the specs:

Indian remy
Loose curl 1.8 cm
18"
reverse ventilated wavy baby hairs
extra light to light medium density. I used percentages to specify what I wanted for each section.
lace front cap with adjustable straps at the nape
brown swiss lace

I went got my hair cut today by the same chick that has been cutting my lfs. She did an excellent job as always, but I think it is still just a little long. What do you all think. Anyways here's the link to my fotki.

http://public.fotki.com/brehanne/lace-fronts/my-first-curly-unit/ - http://public.fotki.com/brehanne/lace-fronts/my-first-curly-unit/
pw: firstcurly

Replies:
Posted By: nola06
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:08pm
Wowweee!! That's so pretty! What color is that?

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:12pm
Thanks Nola, its a #3, so I guess that would be a medium dark brown since a #2 is dark brown, and a #4 is medium brown.

Posted By: JLTabron
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:12pm
I got my fix!  Thanks BrehSmile

Posted By: essence916
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:18pm
Breh, glad to see you here! I have always admired your apps from BHM... What is reverse ventilated babyhairs?? And I am thinking of only doing the lace fronts like you... What vendor did you use?? Thanks!!

Posted By: fungarl
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:20pm
This is lovely,  really suits u!

Posted By: bookbabe
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:20pm

wow that looks really good and I love the color!!! Thanks for showin ur picsbubbles

Posted By: Countessrim
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:22pm
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOO HOT!!! Like for real, you like hella sweet in curly girl! And of course that app is fierce!!! You GO Girl!

Posted By: flawless1
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:24pm
Breh that is really pretty!

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:36pm
Breh I LOVE THE COLOR!!!!!!!!!I have to put that in my notes. Next unit #3.

P.S. Very beautiful on you.

Posted By: Asia35
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:40pm
Breh..you know I'm a fan and once again .....She's a beauty.  That color is lovely al well.

Posted By: Asia35
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:45pm
Breh...I love it

Posted By: chyna_li
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:55pm
very pretty

Posted By: shefruitful
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:56pm
Get em girl!

Posted By: kalenjin
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:57pm
wuhuu...

got my weekend fix. ... i will post mine sometime when the stupid camera will stop acting up..Angry

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by JLTabron JLTabron wrote:

I got my fix!  Thanks BrehSmile

You're welcome. Wink

Originally posted by essence916 essence916 wrote:

Breh, glad to see you here! I have always admired your apps from BHM... What is reverse ventilated babyhairs?? And I am thinking of only doing the lace fronts like you... What vendor did you use?? Thanks!!

Reverse ventilated baby hairs are ventilated so that they naturally fall forward. When you don't specify they will just ventilate the baby hairs in the same manner that they do the rest of the lf. Sometimes it can be difficult to get the baby hairs to lay down since they are not ventilated to lay in that direction. That's why I always get the reverse ventilated. It just looks more natural. I sorry, but can't really tell who the vendor was for this lf. A girl has got tot have some secrets, but I can make some recommendations. I used Jacksun many times and he is great for curlys/wavy. Also I have seen Rex's work, and he is good too.

Originally posted by fungarl fungarl wrote:

This is lovely,  really suits u!

Thanks Wink

Originally posted by bookbabe bookbabe wrote:

wow that looks really good and I love the color!!! Thanks for showin ur picsbubbles

You're welcome. I had to bring the hair crack. You know you lf crackheads can't go that too without a hit. LOL

Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOOO HOT!!! Like for real, you like hella sweet in curly girl! And of course that app is fierce!!! You GO Girl!

Thanks girl.

Originally posted by flawless1 flawless1 wrote:

Breh that is really pretty!

Thanks flawless.

Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

Breh I LOVE THE COLOR!!!!!!!!!I have to put that in my notes. Next unit #3.

P.S. Very beautiful on you.

I love the #3 color. I don't think I look good with dark hair, and #2 is too dark for me so this is my signature color. I order all of my lfs in this color and it makes it easy to change up styles and not have anyone question me.

Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

Breh..you know I'm a fan and once again .....She's a beauty.  That color is lovely al well.

Thanks Asia.

QUOTE=Asia35]Breh who's the vendor and what  percentages did you use  for each  for each section.
thanks...I love it[/QUOTE]

I am all for sharing, but I really can't tell who the vendor is this time. I can recommend Jacksun. I have used him in the past and he does and will do a great job.

This is the specs I used when I ordered from Jacksun previously.

Extra light to light medium density
  1. Front- 60%
  2. Temples- 60%
  3. Top- 70-90%
  4. Sides- 70-90%
  5. Crown- 90%
  6. Back- 90%

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:13pm
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BREH you been cheating with my boo again ABSOLUTELY BEUTIFUL ClapClapClapClapClap

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:19pm
Yeah, Sexi I'm cheating!! I got a new boo!!! You can have Jacksun to yourself.
I really do apologize ladies. I love sharing, I really do, but I just can't tell this time.  It would be like Zara or Rotesha from All About My Hair telling their secret vendor.

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

I really do apologize ladies. I love sharing, I really do, but I just can't tell this time.  It would be like Zara or Rotesha from All About My Hair telling their secret vendor.

that's alright cuz you love me so i know you'll tell eventually.. LOL

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

that's alright cuz you love me so i know you'll tell eventually.. LOL

teehee I can't hold water so we'll see in time.

Posted By: FLMDiva
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:33pm

gal this is on point!  but you know this man!

as usual, Breh does it again.

what are you using on that curly to keep it together?  i just can't seem to find anything that won't turn my curly poofy..............

Posted By: MissHairGirl
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:44pm
Girl, that hair is tooooo cute! 

Posted By: Shonita24
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:19pm
Wow, Breh Breh, that is on point girl!  I love it!

Posted By: charron08
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:34pm

beautiufl!!!

Posted By: DonnaB63
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:38pm
Very pretty and great appThumbs%20Up

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:48pm
Thanks ladies. I have a spray bottle mixed with water, glycerine, and Biolage Detangling Soulition. The mixture is probably 70% water, with the rest being a whole bottle of glycerine and a little of the detangling solution. Shake well to make sure it is mixed thoroughly. I was just using water and glycerine until today when I went to get my hair cut. The girl that cuts my hair always sprays it with a solution and I asked her finally what it was because my hair would always be so soft, and silky after it dried and she told me it was a mixture of water with a little of the Biolage Detangling soultion. I really love the results. My curls are defined, seperated, soft and silky. Too keep your curls from poofing make sure you are not messing with the hair while it drys. Once you style it, and scrunch leave it alone. Take the hands away from the hair. Once the hair is dry, then you can finger comb or pull apart the curls. HTH

Posted By: MsLiberty
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 9:56pm
Girl that is beautiful on you, loving the color!! You know your apps are always on point, and the length looks great on ya.

Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:25pm

Thanks Ms.Liberty. I really love the #3 color, that is my signature color. I may change it up a bit one day. I think the length is a little too long. I usually cut mine about 2 inches shorter, but I left it longer this time. I like it, but at the same time it is longer than any of my other lfs.

Posted By: fllwlover
Date Posted: March 15 2008 at 10:58pm
That's really a great color & wave pattern on you.....You take a great photo.....I always end up looking ashy & washed out.....

Anyhoo, do dat ting gyal!

Posted By: Clueless77
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:09am

Breh, that unit is absolutely gorgeous!!

Posted By: missmodesty
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:45am
Breh i love your unit,i will definitely order one just like that when your website is ready!
you are a true diva and the hair is wonderful!
the color is just perfect against your skin,
wow Kudos!!

Posted By: laydyl
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:02am
Breh, that looks fabulous!  Thanks for sharing.  Big%20smile

Posted By: girlnextdoor
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:14am

beautiful unit Breh!!!!

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:16am
That looks really good Breh. I loved how the long hair looked on you. You could have just told people you had a high class weave with special tracks or something if they asked about the longer length. They wouldn't have a clue - especially since your units are the same color. The shoulder length hair looks good as well and she did a good job with your cut. Did she straighten it before cutting it? Did she use scissors or a razor?

Posted By: PrincessLF
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:26am
Beautiful as always Breh!!

Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:32am

Very Pretty........I Heart the color.

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:52am

Thanks for the compliments ladies. Curlygirl, I went there with my hair partially damp for her to cut it and she sprayed a little of her water and conditioner solution on it also. She just cut it with scissors and just smoothed the hair with her hand to straighten it. That's it. She is really good and the best part is the hair cut always cost $8.00 not including my tip.

I'm still thinking of cutting this one maybe an inch or two shorter. The one in my avi is not really shoulder length, it just looks like that. It is longer than that probably 3 inches or so, but this one is a little longer than bra strap length in the back and comes past my arm pits in the front. I like it though, I really do. I just don't want to be obvious since all of my others aren't this long.

Posted By: soxgirl119
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:22am
very pretty

Posted By: Samria
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:06pm
Very Pretty, really fits your complexion..Clap

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:15pm

That is so pretty Breh!! Its long too! I guess I am use to seeing you with shorter hair like in your avi. I love the curl too. Rock it girl!

Posted By: LADY_B
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:35pm
Excellent job girl!Thumbs%20Up  Beautiful; and you wear it well!Smile

Posted By: BFF Princess
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:52pm
Beautiful Breh!  Thanks for the hair crack, I was going through withdrawal!LOL

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by BFF Princess BFF Princess wrote:

Beautiful Breh!  Thanks for the hair crack, I was going through withdrawal!LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL i know that's right..

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:30pm
Wow...beautiful as always !

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:26pm
Thanks ladies, LOL.

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:51pm

Thanks for the compliments ladies. Curlygirl, I went there with my hair partially damp for her to cut it and she sprayed a little of her water and conditioner solution on it also. She just cut it with scissors and just smoothed the hair with her hand to straighten it. That's it. She is really good and the best part is the hair cut always cost $8.00 not including my tip.

I'm still thinking of cutting this one maybe an inch or two shorter. The one in my avi is not really shoulder length, it just looks like that. It is longer than that probably 3 inches or so, but this one is a little longer than bra strap length in the back and comes past my arm pits in the front. I like it though, I really do. I just don't want to be obvious since all of my others aren't this long.

I totally understand. I just LOVE the hair on you.

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:35pm

Hey ya'll don't whip me, but I cut a little length off the bottom. Embarrassed It is still a good length though. I'll post some updated pics later.

Posted By: ragcajun
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:38pm
Wow Breh!  Your hair is awesome!  The application is flawless!  I attempted to apply my first lace front this weekend..

Lets just say..I will be need many many more times to get it right.. LOL

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:14am
Thanks ragcajun. It just takes pratice and patience, but you will get it.

Posted By: TooBlessed
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:20am
Breh, as usual, you look fabulous!!!!  I am so loving it!!!  Everything is on point!  The color is definitely you!

Posted By: angierene
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:50pm

ooohhh! I love it.

Thanks for posting the curl size, because I've been looking for something that texture, but couldnt describe whether it was a curly or a wavy...duh.

It looks great on you. I guess you've found a great summer look.Wink

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:04pm
Thanks ladies. I belive it is 1.8 cm loose curl. I like it because it is not too much to handle like a lot of curlies can be.

Posted By: june2chocolate
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 6:45pm
love it...at least I'm not the only one rocking a partial lace front with an adjustable strap n comb in the back...but yes love the hair mama!

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by june2chocolate june2chocolate wrote:

love it...at least I'm not the only one rocking a partial lace front with an adjustable strap n comb in the back...but yes love the hair mama!

Thanks girlie, and yes I love the lace front caps. The nape is evil. Angry

Posted By: choclatey77
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:29am
Thats hot breh.

Posted By: luna
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:42pm
great application! what did you use to attach the unit?

Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 11:15pm
Thanks ladies. I used HD White Bonding Adhesive and Proflex No Shine Tape.

Posted By: luna
Date Posted: March 19 2008 at 3:39am
how long of a hold does the HD white bonding adhesive give you?

Date Posted: March 19 2008 at 7:16am

It holds for 6 days, and that is good enough for me since I take it off once  a week to do my hair treatments. It probably could last longer if you layer it with something else, but I don't.

Date Posted: March 19 2008 at 7:27am

It holds for 6 days, and that is good enough for me since I take it off once  a week to do my hair treatments. It probably could last longer if you layer it with something else, but I don't.

ok i remember you saying this about this adhesive this morning but what's it called again..

Date Posted: March 19 2008 at 9:08am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ok i remember you saying this about this adhesive this morning but what's it called again..

HD White Bonding Adhesive you can get it from http://www.hairdirect.com - www.hairdirect.com I like it because it is easy to clean up and it holds good enough for me because ORGW didn't hold a day.

Print Page | Close Window