Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59697
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 8:44am

Topic: A GREAT KNOT SEALER
Posted By: sexibeach
Subject: A GREAT KNOT SEALER
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:38am
i use the 3M 77 but also did you know that hairspray can be a great knot sealer.. the hairspray i'm using right now is by aussie, its called freeze and i mean it really does freeze that hair won't move.. i've been using it also as a knot sealer and i find it to be the best hairspray for that purpose.. i usually always follow the 3M 77 with a hairspray to remove the tackyness, but this freeze is great as a knot sealer alone for those that don't use the 3M77.. just thought i'd share!

Replies:
Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:21am
Thanks for sharing Big%20smile   Makes sense. ……I am going to have to try this.  Aussie products are reasonable priced and easy accessible in local stores.  

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Snook Snook wrote:

Thanks for sharing Big%20smile   Makes sense. ……I am going to have to try this.  Aussie products are reasonable priced and easy accessible in local stores.  

yes it is reasonable priced, and it doesn't take a lot to make that freeze action take affect.. i was quite shocked b/c i've not seen a hairspray stop hair movement completely, to the point that i really don't care to use it for its intended purpose b/c i do want the hair to kind bounce... so i've been using it to seal knots and its great for that..

Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:37am

Definitely going to give it a try.  I hate the smell that the TDI knot sealer has Alcholish/Chemical Dead

Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:11am

Thanks Sexi, this is a great tip.

Posted By: fllwlover
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:25am
I use hairspray also.  It's not sticky & light -- Plus I shrunk MY VERY FIRST unit with TDI....Oh, now it's just a 16" closure......

Posted By: Samria
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:11pm

Thank You Sexi,all of your information is greatly appreciated..Hug

Posted By: Asia35
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:14pm
Sexi....Great tip   thanks

Posted By: laydyl
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:44pm
Ooh, thanks for the tip!  Now we can have a knot sealer without the tackiness. 

Posted By: MissHairGirl
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tip!

Posted By: MissHairGirl
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tip!

Posted By: FLMDiva
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:05pm
yeah this is great.  i found that the 3m77 was making my head itch more than usual, even with the hairspray on it too.  thanks mama!

Posted By: Philigrl
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:21pm
Thanks for posting as always a good tip!

Posted By: Carli
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:22pm
I am going to try the aussie freeze spray. I have used the got2b freeze spray and that works well also

Posted By: bookbabe
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:01pm

Does Walmart sell this product because I don't have a hairstore where I Live???

Posted By: Shonita24
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:04pm
Thanks Ma!  That 3M77 is soooooo tacky to the touch I'm down for trying something new!

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Snook Snook wrote:

Definitely going to give it a try.  I hate the smell that the TDI knot sealer has Alcholish/Chemical Dead

That smell is terrible!!!! The things we do for beautyLOLLOL  I am going to get some Aussie soon!! Thanks Sexi for the tip!

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by bookbabe bookbabe wrote:

Does Walmart sell this product because I don't have a hairstore where I Live???

Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS should all carry the product.

Posted By: missmodesty
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:48pm
thank you for sharing!

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:57pm
hmmm....have to try this!

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:58pm
Thanks for the tip SexiB. You guys can find Aussie Products in most grocery stores and drug stores. BTW, the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner works a LOT better for detangling than the Silicon Mix does for me...and it smells better too.

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Thanks for the tip SexiB. You guys can find Aussie Products in most grocery stores and drug stores. BTW, the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner works a LOT better for detangling than the Silicon Mix does for me...and it smells better too.

yes i love that product to especially if your experiencing tangling problems, and it does wonders for the hair..

Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:32pm

I picked up mine today.

Posted By: essence916
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:05pm
i was desperate and used pump it up to seal knots once... It worked well.

Posted By: deebee73
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:22pm
Thanks for the tip, Sexi.  I ran out of TDI, which I hate anyhow and really didn't want to purchase more. 

Posted By: Bliess
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:35pm
Interesting... Aussie products are great!! I use the 3 minute mirale to condition. Sally use to carry the generic brand, but just discontinued it Cry

Posted By: JLTabron
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:40pm
Thanks for the tip Sexi.  I was a little aprehensive to use 3m 77, but now I will purchase the Aussie.

Posted By: Nemesiz
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:00pm
I will be adding this to the list of products to purchase.  I have the 3m77 and yes it can be very tacky.  I just sealed my knots early Saturday morning, later that afternoon, I was ready and it was as tacky and usual.  I have to say that was the longest I let it set before applying my lf so that could be the trick also.  Another alternative is great, that 3m77 can shrink the heck out of a unit if you're not careful (learned the hard way).

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:11pm
I've always used hairspray as a knot sealer....I was reading another thread on the plantation, (BHM) and Charmed was talking about how she was using hairspray as a knot sealer so I decided to give it a try....I remember when I was younger the the joke was that the little ole blue-haired ladies would use Aqua Net because it would freeze their hair...so I went out and got the extra maxium hold Aqua Net and I haven't looke back yet.

Posted By: MsLiberty
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:24pm
Sexi your the best!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Posted By: LaceLover
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:09am
I'm going to try this.  I don't normally wear a wig cap, and I'm always afraid of having the 3m77 tacky stuff on my natural hair.  Thanks for the idea, SB.  Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: june2chocolate
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

I've always used hairspray as a knot sealer....I was reading another thread on the plantation, (BHM) and Charmed was talking about how she was using hairspray as a knot sealer so I decided to give it a try....I remember when I was younger the the joke was that the little ole blue-haired ladies would use Aqua Net because it would freeze their hair...so I went out and got the extra maxium hold Aqua Net and I haven't looke back yet.

funny I was just going to quote that some one from BHM said that aqua net works just as well...going to my bss right about now =]

Posted By: happydesta
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:36pm
Thanks for sharing .

Posted By: Celie
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:01pm
LF, BC I always used Freeze it is great.  Sally's sells a generic and it is just the same.

I used Aussie on my natural hair.  But, I think that  Moisture Recovery is better for this hair because it actively balances the ph.

Posted By: materialgirlclk
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:58pm
okay ladies i just got my 1st LF 2day and i've read the newbie thread at least 4x. i got my Aussie Freeze last night but i'm confused as hell. how do i stop the hair spray from getting on the hair?? i know i turn the wig inside out and put it on the wig head and just spray right? i don't get how the hairp spray won't seep through the lace and onto the hair and making my brand new indian hair hard as hell? help!

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by materialgirlclk materialgirlclk wrote:

okay ladies i just got my 1st LF 2day and i've read the newbie thread at least 4x. i got my Aussie Freeze last night but i'm confused as hell. how do i stop the hair spray from getting on the hair?? i know i turn the wig inside out and put it on the wig head and just spray right? i don't get how the hairp spray won't seep through the lace and onto the hair and making my brand new indian hair hard as hell? help!

you have to turn the cap inside out and stuff the hair up in the cap and then spray the cap..

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

you have to turn the cap inside out and stuff the hair up in the cap and then spray the cap..
right...so the hairspray won't wet the roots of the hair making the hair itself hard & stiff?

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:29pm

right...so the hairspray won't wet the roots of the hair making the hair itself hard & stiff?

girl that stuff freezes on contact.. it won't go thru the cap, and you want the knots to freezes trust me, otherwise the knots can come loose and the hair will fall out..

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:41pm

girl that stuff freezes on contact.. it won't go thru the cap, and you want the knots to freezes trust me, otherwise the knots can come loose and the hair will fall out..
thank you miss sexi...you're a life(wig) saver!angel

Posted By: chyna_li
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:58pm
THANX FOR THE TIP BABES

Posted By: shefruitful
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:12pm
Great info!!

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

LF, BC I always used Freeze it is great.  Sally's sells a generic and it is just the same.

I used Aussie on my natural hair.  But, I think that  Moisture Recovery is better for this hair because it actively balances the ph.

Hi Ms. Celie missyou We all miss you.

I forgot all about that Freeze It hairspray. That stuff is STRONG !! Do you hear me? Back in the day I used to use it to kill spiders Nuke because I'm really scared of them and I was always worried they would jump on me when I tried to smash them. So I used to creep up on the spider and spray it with Freeze It hairspray cuz I knew it was so strong. The spider would take a few steps then get frozen in it's tracks friedegg in the few seconds it took for the Freeze It to dry. Then SPLAT !!! halloween11 I would smash it with a shoe while it was frozen.

Yeah, I know.....I got issues, huh? What can I say? I'm horrified of spiders.

Anywho, thanks for reminding me that stuff exists Ms. Celie. Imma have to use it on my knots.

Posted By: Senegalese
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:25pm
Curlygirl u too funny LMAO, my coworker is wondering why I'm laughing so hard.LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:28pm
I went to Target yesterday and bought this...I'm always buying something new to try..I'm becoming a PJ..I need to have a sale of some of the things that I buy and use once.

Posted By: luna
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:13pm
thanks sexi! i currently just put on another 3m adhesive spray because my apt is a graveyard of shedded hair.Shocked

i will have to buy this tomorrow.

Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:11pm
  http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS -   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS -  Well I noticed Aussie Maximum hold and Extreme Hold (Of course at Wally world).   Which one works the best?
  And why  the manager see me in walmart so often . He said I need to get you a discount card.  I agreed with him.  I guess it's up to me Right about the aussie?
 Oh and by the way Walmart Is my secondary  drug http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS">Pill%20Bottle http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS">Smoking
So you know what's  First.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNxpt024MSUS&utm_id=7922">

Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS -   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS -  Well I noticed Aussie Maximum hold and Extreme Hold (Of course at Wally world).   Which one works the best?
  And why  the manager see me in walmart so often . He said I need to get you a discount card.  I agreed with him.  I guess it's up to me Right about the aussie?

Oh and by the way Walmart Is my secondary  drug http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS">Pill%20Bottle http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt024MSUS">Smoking
So you know what First.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNxpt024MSUS&utm_id=7922">
i bought both. the spritz bottle and the aerosol spray. i use both at the same time. LOL. i'm kinda paranoid so i always over do stuff.

Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:27pm

ok thanks

Posted By: Visje
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 6:17am
Thanks for the info!!

Posted By: ljdream
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:33am
Geek Just added it to the list of products to buy today. Thanks

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 4:28pm

It does work and it's so much cheaper than the other knots sealer.Thumbs%20Up