Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59726
Printed Date: May 05 2024 at 8:23am

Topic: Products for horse used on your lf
Posted By: Breh
Subject: Products for horse used on your lf
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:02pm
Hello ladies,

I have been using a great product for my lfs. It is called Cowboy Magic Detangler and Shine and it made for horses. Let's think about it; Mane and Tail started out for horse too. It is basically pure silicone, and makes the hair so softs, and silky. Here's the website  http://cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html - http://cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html . It is concentrated so all you need is a little maybe a dime size amount. I usally rub it through the hair while it is wet, but I have even applied it while the hair was dry and this stuff is great. You can find it on ebay or animal stores that sell horse grooming supplys.

I also have ths shampoo, and the conditioner should be here tomorrow, so I'll give you an update on how it all works later.

Replies:
Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:46pm
Thanks for the tip Breh! How did you run across this?

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:15pm
I got a PM on BHM from Ebony telling me about Shapley's shane spray. So I went to the store down the street from my job that sells products for horses and asked what was the best product for shine and manageability and they told me the Cowboy Magic Detangle and shine. I have been using this on my lfs ever since, and I really like how they feel.

Posted By: girlnextdoor
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:25pm
well geesh, didnt know the horse stuff was mainly silicone....so that horse place didnt have any?  I wonder if some places here in houston have some?

Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:54pm

Yep, it is pure silicone in a bottle basically. It makes the hair very soft, and your hands are soft too afterwards.

Posted By: MsLiberty
Date Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:47pm
Good looking Breh!!

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:24am
yea i need to be trying this product out.. i'm about to get a list together for products to add to the newbie thread..

Posted By: PrincessLF
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:49am
Does it have a good scent to it?  I remember I tried a product from Sulu.com (or something like that) and the smell is not too pleasant.  It's tolerable but could smell better.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:13am
Yeah, it has a good scent and it is not too strong either.

Posted By: Senegalese
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:31am
Thanks Breh

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:46am
You're welcome.

Posted By: Koffee Brown
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:30pm
yes girl i LOVE Cowboy magic products. Thanks to Fluffy for turning me onto them few yrs ago. The detangler serum is basically same ingredients as the Biosilk Silk therapy serum. The conditioner will detangle any matted up hair u may have. It's the best for matted up hair! I buy it by the gallon!

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

yes girl i LOVE Cowboy magic products. Thanks to Fluffy for turning me onto them few yrs ago. The detangler serum is basically same ingredients as the Biosilk Silk therapy serum. The conditioner will detangle any matted up hair u may have. It's the best for matted up hair! I buy it by the gallon!

now you wanna tell me who's fluffy? cuz my puppy's name is duffy? LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:34pm
^^ LOL. BHM Fluffy.U remember her from lafront section. I think she lurks most time now. 

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:36pm

^^ LOL. BHM Fluffy.U remember her from lafront section. I think she lurks most time now. 
OH OK LOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:32pm
I got my conditioner in today, and can't wait to use. I'm going to try it on my loose wave that is just sitting on the wig head.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:38pm
Breh, gurl u will love the conditioner. Fluffy and me swear it's the same as some high end conditioner product. If u have any units tangled, drench it in the conditioner and u will be amazed.

I know yall saw my raving posts on BHM about CMagic conditioner. It's so rich and i use this and water mix on my Wagman DC and leave to air dry and it is soooooo soft and curly. I put a whole lot on the hair and let it dry. Yumm yumm.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:55pm
Girl, you got me excited.  I'm ready to go home an play with some hair. I have a lf that needs some TLC.  I'm going to wash, and deep condition and wrap it up in my heating pad like a big burritto on low heat for about an hour. So you mix it with water because it is concentrated right.  Do you mix the shampoo with water? I used it full strength last time, and it worked well. I like that this stuff is relatively cheap. I may have to buy the gallon size. Dang, it is not 5 oclock yet. I'm ready to go home. I'm too excited. barmy

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:06pm
i mix w/ water for daily spraying. But when i put on hair for detangling i use full strength.  The directions does say u can put in a 'bucket' and use that mix to wash yoru hair with. But i put on hair straight from my pump bottle that i keep handy (refilled from my gallon jug lol).

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:13pm
Oh, okay I got it now. I figured that would be too heavy to use mixed with water to spray on a curly/wavy lf. I have been using water, glycerin, and Biolage Detangling Solution on my curly, and it loves it. The curls are soft, silky, and just lucious. It is so windy out here and they just blow in the wind with no tracks to be seen. I love it. LOL

Posted By: Celie
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:34pm
See Breh, you had me messsssing up.  I was using that stuff full strenghth !!! I have the shampoo, conditioner, detangler/shine and the spray super shine.  So I need to be diluting it.  I am going to put it on a bodywave today and see if I will do better.  When I used it on my curly, I just couldn't see much difference.

Now y'all got me excited.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:52pm
Well Koffee said she uses here's full strength for conditioning, but she mixes it with water and dilutes it for spritzing. Well, I can be off my rocker every now and then. Thanks Koffee for clearing that up with us.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:15pm
Breh, the Wagman dcurly love it (it loves moisture). I use water and conditioner only on it. And it is scrumptious. Dry look moisturized curls and sooo soft

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:36pm

Hey Koffee, I bet it does look great. Do you have a big spary bottle with the mix. What part water, and conditioner? I tried something similar to this with a wavy that I had. I had a big spray bottle with water and Silicon Mix, but it didn't like it at all. The water, glycerin, BDS works great. Do you spritz every morning. Does it cause product build-up? Thanks Koffee.

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:41pm
well i'm a frequent washer, almost daily. So i don't have buildup. But i imagine it would if u didn't wash as often.

I use the shampoo from that line too. Wagman hair is very dry and the curly CRAVES moisture. It needs a heavy creamy conditioner. U might find it too heavy for some curly hair. But Wagman and AAMA kinky/afro type  curly texture hair LOVES it.

If i'm not mistaken Fluffy uses the entire line on her own hair too. I don't know if she's a member here, i wish she'd pop in cause she has even greater tips.

But i use it after my bleach baths and i always leave some in , a LOT

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 3:46pm

Do you wash with it on your head? Well anyways, I don't spray with the solution daily either for fear of creating buildup and tangles, and I don't wash but once a week. I spray it down with the mixture the on the day that I wash, and condition, and then I spray with plain water in the am to reactivate, or spray just a little if it needs it. I have always wanted a Kinky curly, so now I know what I need to use when I get one. Thanks for the tips.

Oh, I did use the shampoo on my hair when I washed it and I like it, but I didn't use the conditioner because I didn't have it. I didn't use the shine serum either. I'm going to try it out this weekend. Wink

Posted By: Samria
Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:36pm
Thanks Breh..Wink

Date Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:01pm
You're welcome.

Posted By: fluffee
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:22pm

well i'm a frequent washer, almost daily. So i don't have buildup. But i imagine it would if u didn't wash as often.

I use the shampoo from that line too. Wagman hair is very dry and the curly CRAVES moisture. It needs a heavy creamy conditioner. U might find it too heavy for some curly hair. But Wagman and AAMA kinky/afro type  curly texture hair LOVES it.

If i'm not mistaken Fluffy uses the entire line on her own hair too. I don't know if she's a member here, i wish she'd pop in cause she has even greater tips.

Hey KB **Waving**

Hey Celie, Sexi, Breh and the rest of the gang.  I've been sick with bronchitis.  Just starting to feel better today.

KB, you are right, I love this stuff.  I use it on my LFs and my hair.  I've been using it for about two years now.  I've even contacted the company so I can buy it directly from them.  There are two distributer in my area.

The detangler is the best thing ever.  I even started all the women in my office using it on their hair.

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:25pm
Thanks for the info..How much does it cost...

Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:57pm
It is pretty cheap, the 16oz bottle cost about $6

Hey Flufee (waving)Wink

Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 6:56pm
Hey Fluffy!!

Yeah breh it's very inexpensive to work so well. Gone and get that gallon jug! lol

Date Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:50pm
Girl, I am a product junkie so of course I will. I hadn't had time to test it out. I have been so busy and I have a test Thursday in one of my grad classes. I will definitely let you know how it turns out.

Posted By: weave deva
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 12:37am
Thanks for the info.

Posted By: allacedup
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 1:01am
 Thanx Breh!!!!It smells good and makes my curls bounce like a.. yoyo!!I can not wait to try the shampoobarmy

Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by fluffee fluffee wrote:

Hey KB **Waving**

Hey Celie, Sexi, Breh and the rest of the gang.  I've been sick with bronchitis.  Just starting to feel better today.

KB, you are right, I love this stuff.  I use it on my LFs and my hair.  I've been using it for about two years now.  I've even contacted the company so I can buy it directly from them.  There are two distributer in my area.

The detangler is the best thing ever.  I even started all the women in my office using it on their hair.

hey fluffee glad to see you here!!bounce

Print Page | Close Window