Print Page | Close Window

Going from light to dark...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5977
Printed Date: June 16 2024 at 12:01am

Topic: Going from light to dark...
Posted By: Princess_Faith
Subject: Going from light to dark...
Date Posted: September 03 2002 at 7:57pm
I got heavy blonde highlights put in my medium/dark brown hair in early July. I now want to go to a dark brown shade for the upcoming fall. I think it will look better on me, since my eyes are very dark brown. And the upkeep won`t be so hard. (My roots are showing bad through this medium blonde color I have.) My question is, what would be the best way to do this? Will I have to go back to the salon or can I do it at home? Also, if I do go to the salon, what is the best way to communicate this to my stylist? I don`t want her to mess my hair up! Once, when I did a bad bleach job and went to the salon to get it corrected, it turned out bright red intead of the brown color that I wanted! What I want is a chocolate or chesnut brown color. Please help...Your posts will be greatly appricated!!!

-------------
Best wishes,
Faith Danielle

Replies:
Posted By: Raquel
Date Posted: September 04 2002 at 11:43am
Part of me thinks that you should go to a salon, but I understand the bad experiences you have had. I have had a couple of those lately. A site that may help you is http://www.robertcraig.com. - http://www.robertcraig.com. Go to the consumer section of this website and there is alot of information on fixing color problems and also there are formulas for achieving what you want. The thing you have to remember is that going from light to dark is similar to going from dark to light. Just as you pass through that reddish/orange stage when going from dark to light, you do the same in going from light to dark. You have to fill in those colors. You can just pour brown dye on your blonde if it is a lower level than the reddish/orange or you might end up with some unacceptable results. Robert Craig explains on this site how to do a fill in using his products. Also, there is a section on this site called "Ask Karin". I have submitted questions to her several times and she has always responded to my question the same day. They are the most responsive website I have every submitted questions to. This is what I would really suggest you do if you are determined not to go to a salon. I would just submit a question to Karin explaining your situation and she will be able to help you making suggestions using their products. I have used their products and they are great. I hope this helps you.

-------------
Rachel

Posted By: Julie
Date Posted: September 04 2002 at 1:21pm
This has happened to me before. Just ask your stylist to low-light your hair instead. Instead of using a blonde color she`d use a brown, so it would look more natural.

-------------

Posted By: threejobs
Date Posted: September 10 2002 at 1:04pm
I just had this done to my hair and the salon made it look fabulous. In fact I wanted a Mahogany kind of color and they made it look great. I started from where you are now. It was not simple actually they had to blend 3 different sets of color for the root, the highlights and the non highligted parts. I would not risk this at home unless you did a semi-permanent like Casting just to try it out.

Good luck

-------------
threejobs!

Print Page | Close Window