Print Page | Close Window

Beautiful hair! - What have you learnt?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: General Hair Talk
Forum Description: A free wheeling discussion of hair related topics.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5986
Printed Date: June 18 2024 at 12:28pm

Topic: Beautiful hair! - What have you learnt?
Posted By: Kaycee
Subject: Beautiful hair! - What have you learnt?
Date Posted: September 09 2002 at 1:16pm
After a month or so, my hair has finally come back into a really good condition.

I decided to give up having the blonde highlights with bleach, and used L`oreals Open Color (Harmoney) to put over my hair, to make it a dark blonde color. After I did that, I had it cut, up to my neck (eep!) took me a while to get used to it, and when I finally did - with the help of vitamins to help grow my hair.. it`s grown and looks thick, and nice.

I`ve been using Photology products, which are fantastic, my hairs naturally curly/wavy, so it`ll always be slightly frizzy after washing (bummer, I know), but their straightening balm, is fantastic! You can go out in humid climates, (like, over here in the UK after it rains it`s so ickly humid) and it doesn`t frizz at all!

I don`t use any heat products on my hair. Well, I haven`t done in months. And if I really do have to use the hairdryer, I`ll make sure it`s on cool setting. And the only other thing I use, which is really good, is ceramic hair straighteners - but I`ve used them once, when I had my hair cut (I`ll leave it, till it`s longer!)

So, what have I learnt?

1 - stick with 1 color, and just have the roots done
2 - don`t use heated products
3 - stick with products which *actually* work
4 - if decided to opt for highlights, have some light copper tints instead of bleach.

I, personally think, I`ve come a long way and learnt a lot. :) What has everyone else learnt?

P.S - I`m growing my hair now. And I still have the odd layers, but good conditioning has proved to be amazing on them. :D

Replies: