Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59869
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:49am

Topic: My Holly KS (pics)
Posted By: BFF Princess
Subject: My Holly KS (pics)
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:09pm
Hey ladies,

I finally washed, conditioned and flat ironed my first Holly KS unit. It was alot of work because I dont have a good flat iron (I have a cheap $10 walmart flat iron, lol).  So, I havent styled yet, but just wanted to share my progress. I took some hairline pics, but they were out of focus. I will try to get some focused hairline pics.

Let me know what you guys honestly think of the application. Im trying to get like ya'll, so constructive criticism will be appreciated SmileSmile.

http://My%20fokti:%20public.fotki.com/BFFPrincess/my-first-holly-ks/ - http://public.fotki.com/BFFPrincess/my-first-holly-ks/
pw: hollyks

BTW, I found that Redken Smooth Down makes the hair softer, easier to flat iron and more manageable.Wink

Replies:
Posted By: Asia35
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:20pm

You did a grreat job.....

Posted By: missmodesty
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:36pm
the texture is so nice and your application is great,however i would suggest next time wait a little bit more before applying the lace so that you wont have the litlle white line on your hairline and maybe you can thin  a little bit the hairline to make it look more natural.

other than that i love the hair and it looks so natural.

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:39pm
That looks very natural and I think you did a good job taming it. Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:44pm
Asia and Curlygirl: Thanks for your comments!

Missmodesty: Thanks for the advice! I will be working on the color, density and practice my application this weekend. I will be more patient with the adhesive Smile

Posted By: shefruitful
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:26am
Get it Girl!!!

Posted By: newtolacewigs
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:08am
I think you did a good job. It looks like your real hair.

Posted By: PrincessLF
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:48am
You have definitely tamed the beast.  It looks great.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:10am
BEAUTIFUL IT CAME OUT GREAT! ClapClap

Posted By: bigmomma
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:18am
i think you did a good job   it fits your face looks like u grew it right out your scalp!   what adhesive did you use?

Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:39am
Thank you ladies!! Hug Ive been taking notes and trying to get as good as you ladies!  Smile  The knots were not bleached and so I used Sexi's jerome russell and sally hansen make up technique (Thanks Sexi!!!Hug) It worked like a charmWink

Bigmomma: I used Hair Direct White Glue. I love this stuff! Breh put me on to it (Thanks Breh!)  It works really well with my personal chemistry. I get a great 7 day hold with no lifting and maybe a little slippage at day 5 or 6 if I work out a lot that week.  It doesn't turn gray and get boogers like ORWG. And it dries clear. I love it! Two thin layers and I dont need any other adhesive for the front. I dont use anything else Smile

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:46am
Originally posted by BFF Princess BFF Princess wrote:

Thank you ladies!! Hug Ive been taking notes and trying to get as good as you ladies!  Smile  The knots were not bleached and so I used Sexi's jerome russell and sally hansen make up technique (Thanks Sexi!!!Hug) It worked like a charmWink

Bigmomma: I used Hair Direct White Glue. I love this stuff! Breh put me on to it (Thanks Breh!)  It works really well with my personal chemistry. I get a great 7 day hold with no lifting and maybe a little slippage at day 5 or 6 if I work out a lot that week.  It doesn't turn gray and get boogers like ORWG. And it dries clear. I love it! Two thin layers and I dont need any other adhesive for the front. I dont use anything else Smile

i gotta get that glue Breh was talking about i forgot the name.. and your welcome you looke beautiful!!!

Posted By: ShowStoppers
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:36am
I like it

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:01pm
you know you da bomb!

Posted By: Shonita24
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:04pm
It looks so natural on you!....Did you apply behind your hairline?

Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:46pm
Thank you ladies! It really means alot coming from you vets like you!Hug

Shonita, I applied behind my widows peak, but in front of the rest of my hairline. Smile

Posted By: nola06
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by missmodesty missmodesty wrote:

the texture is so nice and your application is great,however i would suggest next time wait a little bit more before applying the lace so that you wont have the litlle white line on your hairline and maybe you can thin  a little bit the hairline to make it look more natural.

other than that i love the hair and it looks so natural.

Wow, really? You could've fooled me! I actually LOVE the hairline and think it is unbelievably natural-looking. But I'm not an expert, so I'll defer to missmodesty because I've never done this before. But I must say that, to an untrained eye, you could have DEFINATELY fooled me! Smile Nice job!

Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:47pm
Thanks girl!  Smile

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 5:32pm
It looks really pretty on you and TAMED!!!!! I would like to get a KS but I am too afraid it will look like a bush on my head!

Posted By: Miss Lace
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:00pm
Hey you look great and itīs very natural. What is the density and is this Indian or Chinese Remy?

Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:25pm
Thanks! Its Indian Remy and its light to medium density. I still had to thin it some at the crown, but I didnt thin the hairline.

Posted By: mrsmuffen
Date Posted: March 26 2008 at 3:53pm
Dam Girl Best Appl I've seen in a min Love it!

Posted By: LovelyLisa
Date Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:47pm
I think you did a great job!Clap

Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:28am
Thank you ladies! BTW, I am loving your new KS Lisa!Smile

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:40am
BFF I love it....okay yall starting to change my mind on these KS units...I was afraid it was going to make me look like my hair did as a child when I had to get my hair braided to air dry and pressed 2 days later.  But that looks really good.

Posted By: madisonb
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:24pm
very nice bff- very good applications as well

Posted By: LovelyLisa
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:09pm
Thank you BFF! I couldn't wait and Lydia gave me a great price.

Posted By: 2honest
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:14pm
Very pretty!.

I love the KS. I have a KS from Holly also (but mine is Chinese KS & it's to small though) but I love the hair texture it looks like mine. I will order again soon just longer length and bigger cap. I love KS it's soooo natural looking.

And I hear a lot of people saying taming the unit, it wasn't hard for me (maybe I lucked up on a good unit). But I have good tools (Chi iron and blow dryer) and it was a breeze to flatten.

Again you look great!

Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 8:52pm
Thank you ladies!! I definitely agree, a good flat iron is key!LOL I need to invest in a maxiglide or chi iron. Wink

@2honest: I agree, Holly's units run a bit small. I ordered 1/2 a size up and it was still too small.... I dont know if its a bad batch or what. No nape applications for me. Ouch But I still love the unit though!Smile

Posted By: 2honest
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by BFF Princess BFF Princess wrote:

Thank you ladies!! I definitely agree, a good flat iron is key!LOL I need to invest in a maxiglide or chi iron. Wink

@2honest: I agree, Holly's units run a bit small. I ordered 1/2 a size up and it was still too small.... I dont know if its a bad batch or what. No nape applications for me. Ouch But I still love the unit though!Smile

Yeah mine is WAY to small. But I now know that I need to order a 6head size for it to fit. But with the front perimeter attached it is still the bomb.

Print Page | Close Window