Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59899
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 7:24am

Topic: A Few Tips
Posted By: ~~MrsJones~~
Subject: A Few Tips
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:56pm
I just washed my unit last night and implemented all of the great tips you guys posted and somehow discovered one of my own. I had a problem of adhesive stuck on my lace and in the hair. I am make-up artist so I used an eyebrow brush/lash comb that came in a walmart brush set and it worked even better than the toothbrush. It is a little more firm than a toothbrush so you have to be a little careful but it worked miracles for my dilemma. I didn't even have to use goo gone that much  because it brushed the adhesive out of the hair easily.

And a way that I use to get great body wafter a wash is to pin curl the hair while it is still damp and then when it gets mostly dry,  cross wrap it, then put saran wrap around it and blow dry the wrap to seal in moisture and leave it wrapped all night.

Just thought I should share that with you guys.Wink

Replies:
Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:15pm

I really like that tip on curling the unit. I'm gonna try that this weekend. Thanks ! barmy

I saw the saran wrap thing on YouTube a while back but forgot all about it til you mentioned it. They said it gives the hair more weight and movement. Have you found that to be true?

Posted By: ~~MrsJones~~
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:17pm
yep. I have been doing it to my real hair for a long time now and I tried it on my wig and it was great. It holds the wrap a lot longer as well.

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:51pm
Oooh, now I REALLY can't wait to do it. I'm about to log off right now and go play with some hair. Thanks girl !!

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 3:09am

Thats sounds good!!! It periodically try it on my own hair and I will give it a go on my LFs too!!! Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:31am
that's a great tip thanks for posting it!!Clap i put some new information in the newbie thread about how to deal with dry ends by using olive oil.. this would be effective with that tip as well..

Posted By: Samria
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:31am
Thanks You for the tip MrsJonesWink

Print Page | Close Window