Print Page | Close Window

Trying to Compile Product List ???

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Lace Front Wigs
Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59920
Printed Date: May 20 2024 at 12:20am

Topic: Trying to Compile Product List ???
Posted By: sexibeach
Subject: Trying to Compile Product List ???
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:46pm
i'm beginning to compile a product list for lf's.. Coolazzfemale i got you! lol i've added your shampoo.. some indian oil which i found a bunch that they use on their hair i have dabur amla oil and parachute oil (which is coconut oil) and i'm wanting other products that you find that are good for you to determine if i should add them so any suggestions are welcome..

Replies:
Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:51pm

My natural hair grew a LOT from leaving Mane N Tale conditioner in it after I washed it every week. Not putting heat in it was also a big factor too though.

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

My natural hair grew a LOT from leaving Mane N Tale conditioner in it after I washed it every week. Not putting heat in it was also a big factor too though.

we really shouldn't be doing the heat on lf's either, but i've got a good product for horses that are great that breh suggested and i've got one too that i'm going to add to the list.. thanks for your suggestion too i appreciate that.. some do use it on their lf's..

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 8:24pm
well i've added a starter list..

Posted By: materialgirlclk
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:51pm
garnier fruitis sleek & shine cream conditioner for dry & frizzy hair is the ish! i only left it on for like 2 mins cuz i'm sooo impatient. it did wonders on my light yaki!!!

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by materialgirlclk materialgirlclk wrote:

garnier fruitis sleek & shine cream conditioner for dry & frizzy hair is the ish! i only left it on for like 2 mins cuz i'm sooo impatient. it did wonders on my light yaki!!!

i think i got that one in there with the frizzy hair products but it won't hurt to add it again.. thanksClap

Posted By: itzdaun
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:05pm
Farouk Biosilk is great on my curky rex! Makes the curls look soft and defined, and they feel soft, and slide off one another like butter!
Um. I use it after I shower, when the hair is still damp (I got the idea of just using conditioner to wash my hair with the unit still on, from the nobel laureate of LF lit.: Dr. Sexi), and in nice long curls.I use about a quarter size on each side of my hair, smoothing it down between my palms, then style using my fingers. That' s it!

Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by itzdaun itzdaun wrote:

Farouk Biosilk is great on my curky rex! Makes the curls look soft and defined, and they feel soft, and slide off one another like butter!
Um. I use it after I shower, when the hair is still damp (I got the idea of just using conditioner to wash my hair with the unit still on, from the nobel laureate of LF lit.: Dr. Sexi), and in nice long curls.I use about a quarter size on each side of my hair, smoothing it down between my palms, then style using my fingers. That' s it!

I was gonna try that but they wanted $23.00 for a 5oz bottle and I was like Shocked  Not to mention it looked like John Freida's Frizz-Ease syrum that they sell at the grocery store for like $5.00. I'm still curious about it though and want to try it but I didn't know if that was the normal price for such a small amount or if I was about to get played so I decided to wait and look for a better price. What's the normal price for the 5oz size and where do you buy yours from??

Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:12pm
great thanks so much I'll add it.. Clap

Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:10pm
Cowboy Magic Rose Water Conditioner, Shampoo, and Detangler Shine serum.

Here is my recipe for my curlies/wavys

32 oz spray bottle (fill to the 25 oz line with water)
4 oz bottle of glycerin (pour in the bottle of water)
Biolage Detangling Solution (Fill to the 31 oz line, so you have room to shake the bottle)
Shake well to dissolve the BDS, and that's it. This stuff works great for curly/wavy units.

You don't need to spray the solution on your curly or wavy unit everyday. After washing, conditioning, and applying a dime size amount of the Cowboy Magic shine serum, spray your unit down. Then I spray with water in the morning, and spray with the solution maybe every few days if it needs it. The curls/waves will stay beautiful, soft, tangle free, and moist.

Posted By: fakeizme
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

Cowboy Magic Rose Water Conditioner, Shampoo, and Detangler Shine serum. .... 

Yes, this stuff is great! Pure silicone to help get out tangles and leave hair smooth. For those who do a lot of coloring or heat styling to their units, you may want to try: Nexxus Emergencee, Sebastian penetraitt, Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair and Grund Tiger Reconstructor. These are fantastic protein treatments. The Grund I just discovered and if you can find this, it is hair changing and transforming!!!!! My hair is beginning to feel like virgin hair again. Tongue

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:59pm
Wella In Depth can be found at Sally's....It's great to use after coloring hair your's or the lfw. It brings the pH balance back down to a normal level after any chemical treatment.

An ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE...IMO...Normally it's cheaper to buy at Sally's BSS but if you live in Miami Deco Drive has it way cheaper than Sally's BSS...it has made my over-processed, bleached, relaxed, colored many times poor hair, healthy again. It's the best conditioner I have ever used on my own hair...ever!!! I always use it on my lfw.

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

Wella In Depth can be found at Sally's....It's great to use after coloring hair your's or the lfw. It brings the pH balance back down to a normal level after any chemical treatment.

An ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE...IMO...Normally it's cheaper to buy at Sally's BSS but if you live in Miami Deco Drive has it way cheaper than Sally's BSS...it has made my over-processed, bleached, relaxed, colored many times poor hair, healthy again. It's the best conditioner I have ever used on my own hair...ever!!! I always use it on my lfw.

thank you i'm adding..

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Yes, this stuff is great! Pure silicone to help get out tangles and leave hair smooth. For those who do a lot of coloring or heat styling to their units, you may want to try: Nexxus Emergencee, Sebastian penetraitt, Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair and Grund Tiger Reconstructor. These are fantastic protein treatments. The Grund I just discovered and if you can find this, it is hair changing and transforming!!!!! My hair is beginning to feel like virgin hair again. Tongue

thanks the latter sounds great for my hair..

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:29pm
Sexi I have one more product...The Wella Oil Bleach...I have used this on my own hair and the lfw with much success....I believe so did Celie, Abbasjewel & DeeWhiz used this product as well. It can also be bought at Sally's BSS. (2) applications come in a pack....The oil that mixes with the bleach, makes the bleaching process less harsh on the hair than ordinary bleach.   http://hotimg3.fotki.com/p/b/70_9/81_156/wella.jpg">

Also it's not a hair product but could you also put this to the newbie thread?  http://hotimg14.fotki.com/p/a/70_9/81_156/colorchart.jpg"> http://hotimg12.fotki.com/p/a/70_9/81_156/colorchart.jpg - I've noticed that many ladies have always complain about the knots turning orange when they try to bleach the knots.  That's just the decolorization process of the hair. So I wanted to provide the chart to help my diva's out when they bleach knots or any hair...so that they know to leave the bleach on a little longer because it's hasn;t reached the blonde stage yet.  (p.s. Orange is the hardest color to leave the hair when bleaching ...so just be patient and the next leave to come will be blonde...guranteed.)

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

Sexi I have one more product...The Wella Oil Bleach...I have used this on my own hair and the lfw with much success....I believe so did Celie, Abbasjewel & DeeWhiz used this product as well. It can also be bought at Sally's BSS. (2) applications come in a pack....The oil that mixes with the bleach, makes the bleaching process less harsh on the hair than ordinary bleach.   http://hotimg3.fotki.com/p/b/70_9/81_156/wella.jpg">

Also it's not a hair product but could you also put this to the newbie thread?  http://hotimg14.fotki.com/p/a/70_9/81_156/colorchart.jpg"> http://hotimg12.fotki.com/p/a/70_9/81_156/colorchart.jpg - I've noticed that many ladies have always complain about the knots turning orange when they try to bleach the knots.  That's just the decolorization process of the hair. So I wanted to provide the chart to help my diva's out when they bleach knots or any hair...so that they know to leave the bleach on a little longer because it's hasn;t reached the blonde stage yet.  (p.s. Orange is the hardest color to leave the hair when bleaching ...so just be patient and the next leave to come will be blonde...guranteed.)

thanks i found this out in my research on bleach knots so i'm a believer!

Posted By: ~~MrsJones~~
Date Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:17am
I have a few products to add to the list...
Mizani Therma Strength Strengthening Style Serum, it is really great for natural hair as well as lace fronts. It is a heat protectant and strengthener that helped me grow my natural hair and it works wonders on lfs.

Ion Silk Drops..it is similar to Biosilk and makes my lf look flawless and healthy.

Soft-Sheen Carson has a Weave Care line and the whole line is great to me even though I was reluctant to try them. My favorites are  the Featherlight Sheen Spray(It does not wear the hair down like most shine sprays) and the Featherlight Detangler (leaves hair soft and tangle free).

Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Finishing spray...the ultimate hair spray!! It does not get hard or heavy and it allows the hair to move and keep the same softness while still holding your style in place. Its great for taming flyaways and frizz.

and lastly..Motions Nourish Leave in Conditioner...I dilute it with water and spray it on my lf to reactivate my curls in the morning.

Date Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:29am
Originally posted by ~~MrsJones~~ ~~MrsJones~~ wrote:

I have a few products to add to the list...
Mizani Therma Strength Strengthening Style Serum, it is really great for natural hair as well as lace fronts. It is a heat protectant and strengthener that helped me grow my natural hair and it works wonders on lfs.

Ion Silk Drops..it is similar to Biosilk and makes my lf look flawless and healthy.

Soft-Sheen Carson has a Weave Care line and the whole line is great to me even though I was reluctant to try them. My favorites are  the Featherlight Sheen Spray(It does not wear the hair down like most shine sprays) and the Featherlight Detangler (leaves hair soft and tangle free).

Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Finishing spray...the ultimate hair spray!! It does not get hard or heavy and it allows the hair to move and keep the same softness while still holding your style in place. Its great for taming flyaways and frizz.

and lastly..Motions Nourish Leave in Conditioner...I dilute it with water and spray it on my lf to reactivate my curls in the morning.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Posted By: missmodesty
Date Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:32pm
this stuff is great to activate the curls and make the hair very smooth

you can get it at any local bss
i found this one too,its very good for detangling the hair.

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:23pm
bump

Posted By: madisonb
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

OMG yes cowboy magic great detangler!!!

Posted By: stephshe
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:44pm

I have a new yaki 1.5 curl that I though was over processed for sure, it looked like a bad dry jeri curl and would barely have any definition no matter what I tried. I bought Marc Anthony curl shampoo and conditioner, tried it last night and it made my unit gorgeous. I left the conditioner in instead of washing it out. You can get this at cvs or walgreens. 

I also love the new garnier cream gel in a tube.

Posted By: butterfly3582
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:57pm

http://www.medshopexpress.com/050083.html# - Pantene pro v curl gel.  It is very light and leaves the curls very soft.  I use a small amount when the curls are wet and let it dry.  Curls stay frizz free and bouncy all day.

Posted By: choclatey77
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by materialgirlclk materialgirlclk wrote:

Yeah the shampoo and the conditioner is the ish also the one for curly hair is good to sexi.

Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 4:26pm

This stuff is great on regular hair and on your lf makes it really soft. Its a conditioner.

Posted By: BlainesGirl
Date Posted: March 27 2008 at 8:18pm
Let's not forget the old standard Silicone Mix Hidratante Shampoo and Silicone Mix Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment! It works great on your hair and your lf! Love this stuff!Clap

Date Posted: March 28 2008 at 9:39am
You already know thats in the thread sexi is the one that put us up on it.

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 28 2008 at 10:21am

Believe it or not. I use the HUggies Detangler and mix it with World of Curls spray. Man o Man it works beautifully!

Date Posted: March 28 2008 at 10:30am
Intersting.

Posted By: DonnaB63
Date Posted: March 28 2008 at 10:42am
I use Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls  shampoo, conditioner, and Luscious Curls Cream on my afro curly units.  It has honey nectar, wheat protein, jojoba oil, ginseng etc.  Good stuff!

Print Page | Close Window