Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59925
Printed Date: September 16 2024 at 1:58pm

Topic: *Natural Hair Growth Frow Wearing LF's (Pics)*
Posted By: Curlygirl11
Subject: *Natural Hair Growth Frow Wearing LF's (Pics)*
Date Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:50pm

Okay, so today is the 1st day I've straightened my hair since I started wearing lace fronts in October of 2007. I wash and condition my hair every weekend but I haven't bothered to straighten it so I had been guessing at the length by pulling a few curls straight.

Here is what it looked like while it was still wet and curly:

Here is what it looked like after I put some Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine on it then blow dried it. It's in a high pony tail :

Here it is after I flat ironed it with the MaxiGlide steam flat iron:

Even though it's grown some I STILL like my lf's better than my own hair. I am TRULY addicted to these lf's. I think maybe because they are so much thicker and fuller than my natural hair and I can put all the dye and chemicals I want in the lf's and just let my natural hair grow healthier and healthier. It also seems like my natural hair has gotten darker since it hasn't been exposed to the sun for so long and now that I've been looking at my natural color all day I'm feeling the urge to dye all my lf's the same color. I think Imma need to get into lace front rehab soon. Confused

Replies:
Posted By: Breh
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:27am
OMG, you hair is absolutely beautiful. Go girl!!!

Posted By: Clueless77
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:31am
Wow!!!!! Your hair is awesome.

Posted By: Clueless77
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:32am
How do you wear your hair underneath the lf?

Posted By: MsLiberty
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:38am
Wow, your hair is beautiful!! what do you do to it under your wigs. That seems like a job in itself Smile

Posted By: JLTabron
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:57am
Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Posted By: kalenjin
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:12am
SmileTongueWink love me some of your hair!

ConfusedCryAngry mine aint like your (YET_)))

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 7:29am
OMG EXCELLENT GROWTH I LOVE IT GO GIRL.. ClapClapClap

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 8:47am
Your hair is beautiful.

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:01am
Thanks for the compliments ladies. It NEVER grew past shoulder length until I stopped putting relaxers and heat it in.

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:03am
Wow, that is some major growth! Just beautiful.

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:04am
Originally posted by MsLiberty MsLiberty wrote:

Wow, your hair is beautiful!! what do you do to it under your wigs. That seems like a job in itself Smile

It's really not that hard at all. After I wash and condition it I wrap it while its still wet. When its almost dry I put my wig cap over it to stop it from poofing up while it dries the rest of the way. Then I apply my unit.

Posted By: fakeizme
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:20am
Curlygirl...your hair is fabulous! Congratulations on all that growth; just beautiful and healthy. You are an inspiration to me. I am hoping, by wearing extensions and possibly a lace frontal (soon) that I will be able to grow it back too. Tongue

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:21am
that's exactly what it takes stop the heat, chemicals and daily manipulation and lf as a protective style you can't beat it.. Clap

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:31am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

that's exactly what it takes stop the heat, chemicals and daily manipulation and lf as a protective style you can't beat it.. Clap

I TOTALLY agree. I had no idea my hair could grow so long until I stopped putting relaxers and heat in it.

IMO the lace front is the greatest thing since sliced bread because unlike wearing braids or weaves it puts absolutely no tension on my natural hair. As a result my hair is not only getting longer but it's slowly getting thicker at the scalp because I don't have anything pulling at the roots like braids or weave tracks. This just makes me even MORE addicted to the lace fronts.

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Curlygirl...your hair is fabulous! Congratulations on all that growth; just beautiful and healthy. You are an inspiration to me. I am hoping, by wearing extensions and possibly a lace frontal (soon) that I will be able to grow it back too. Tongue

Thank you. Keeping the tension off your natural hair will help. Have you considered wearing a flw yet ?

Posted By: PrincessLF
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:31pm
your hair is beautiful.  I wish my hair would grow like that.

Posted By: ragcajun
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 2:24pm
Wow, you hair is awesome!!!  I am hoping to grow my hair as well!

Posted By: ash8419
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:07pm
Beautiful growth curly!!!!!

Posted By: BFF Princess
Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 9:48pm
Wow, you have gorgeous hair Curly! Smile

Date Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:10pm
Thank you guys for the compliments Embarrassed I'm still waiting for my hair to thicken back up though so I'll still be wearing the lf's for a while to come.

Posted By: newtolacewigs
Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

I TOTALLY agree. I had no idea my hair could grow so long until I stopped putting relaxers and heat in it.

IMO the lace front is the greatest thing since sliced bread because unlike wearing braids or weaves it puts absolutely no tension on my natural hair. As a result my hair is not only getting longer but it's slowly getting thicker at the scalp because I don't have anything pulling at the roots like braids or weave tracks. This just makes me even MORE addicted to the lace fronts.

Your hair is so beautiful. You never needed a relaxer with that kind of hair anyways. I wish I had your hair. You go girl.

Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by newtolacewigs newtolacewigs wrote:

Your hair is so beautiful. You never needed a relaxer with that kind of hair anyways. I wish I had your hair. You go girl.

Thanks for the compliment. You know how people are though. They always want what they don't have. Because my hair was naturally curly I ofcoarse wanted it to be straight when I was kid...thinking the grass was greener on the other side. Every Asian friend I've ever had loved the kinky curls and said they wish they had them. People with thick, course hair want thin soft hair. People with thin soft hair want thick, course hair.....and on and on and on. You know how it goes for some of us. Confused  I think that's one of the things I like about the lf's. I can play around with different hair textures and colors.  

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 5:52pm
Curly, OMG girl that hair is amazing. I know you be rocking that taylor unit from Annette.

Posted By: meechie2cute
Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 5:52pm
where dem pics at?

Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

where dem pics at?

LOL Hey Meechie girl we been missin you. Thanks for the compliment. I already posted pics of the Taylor unit last week. Here's the thread: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59818 - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59818

Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 6:10pm
 Your hair is beautiful!!!!!

Posted By: Tricey
Date Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:10pm
Beautiful Hair!!!

Posted By: Walk Softly
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 9:57am
Your hair is beautiful!  My daughters hair is like that too.  I used a 3/4 fall lw on her and her hair went from shoulder to the bottom bra strap in about 8 months!  You did an excellent job.

Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Walk Softly Walk Softly wrote:

Your hair is beautiful!  My daughters hair is like that too.  I used a 3/4 fall lw on her and her hair went from shoulder to the bottom bra strap in about 8 months!  You did an excellent job.

Thanks.

It's amazing how long our hair can get when we stop abusing it and let it rest, huh?

Posted By: Senegalese
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 10:13am
Girrrrrrl I'm jealous Smile I wish my hair was this long, I started wearing lws 4 mths because I want my hair to grow and get thicker. You give me hope girl. Bravo

Posted By: nola06
Date Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:38pm
Oh, it's just absolutely beautiful. My natural was that long from a 3 year relaxer hiatus--then it shed after my miscarriage. I'm gonna try and grow it back with lace fronts. Your hair is lovely!

Print Page | Close Window