Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60400
Printed Date: May 03 2024 at 1:13pm

Topic: supertape
Posted By: birdiegrey
Subject: supertape
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:18pm

Those of you who use supertape do you prefer the roll or the strips and why? TIA Big%20smile

Replies:
Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:25pm
I swear by SuperTape and I pefer the strips...IMO the roll doesn't stick as well.

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:30pm
I have both and can send you some to try out.---no charge....Just let me know...

I have used both and the super tape roll works, but it is a hassle to work it..It's good for getting lint off your clothes also..LOL

The tape strips works also, I just find that it's better if I put it on my skin instead of the front lace wig...

Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:37pm
I make a sandwich of SuperTape, (ST on my skin at the nape & ST on the lace at the nape) and it holds for days....for me 7, but I haven't gone longer cause I need to wash my hair.

Posted By: zelliboo
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:38pm
Supertape does not work for me.  I keep hearing you ladies talk about it, so I ordered some more.  I have the roll, and the strips.  It just don't like me.

Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by NClady NClady wrote:

I have both and can send you some to try out.---no charge....Just let me know...

I have used both and the super tape roll works, but it is a hassle to work it..It's good for getting lint off your clothes also..LOL

The tape strips works also, I just find that it's better if I put it on my skin instead of the front lace wig...

Shocked Really! That's so sweet! Cry

Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

I make a sandwich of SuperTape, (ST on my skin at the nape & ST on the lace at the nape) and it holds for days....for me 7, but I haven't gone longer cause I need to wash my hair.

That's cool. I was thinking of layering it with liquid adhesive. I really want something that will help the nape hold, too.

Posted By: NClady
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:56pm
Just PM your information and I will put it in the mail first thing in the morning and you should have it by Tuesday..

The time that I put it on the front lace wig, I ended up with the tape stuck to all of my hair on my right side...I had a time with taking it out..so I will apply it to my skin/hair first and then appy the front lace wig...

Posted By: chyna_li
Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:02pm
i cannot stand those damned rolls. whew. strips all day. they are easier.

Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:02pm

I swear by SuperTape and I pefer the strips...IMO the roll doesn't stick as well.

This is the kind of thing I was wondering about. Thanks!

Date Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by chyna_li chyna_li wrote:

i cannot stand those damned rolls. whew. strips all day. they are easier.

LOLLOLLOL

I will be ordering the strips. I started to order the roll, then I was like, okay why do you get a whole roll for the same price as the strips Geek

Posted By: MissHairGirl
Date Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:01am
The strip work great for me.  I use it with no tape combo on my nape!  I get about a 7-8 day hold.

Posted By: mslady
Date Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:05am
How do you remove the tape?  

Date Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:54am
I use C-22 Solvent or 99% alcohol....also you can combine alcohol with evoo to create a mixture to remove the ST.

Posted By: Mistress Shaka
Date Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:48pm
I love supertape strips; however I can only use them in the front as they do not hold for my nape area.  They hold real good for the front in combination with safe grip for a more natural hairline look.

Posted By: mslady
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:29am

I use C-22 Solvent or 99% alcohol....also you can combine alcohol with evoo to create a mixture to remove the ST.

Thanks unladylikediva.  I'm need cheaper methods to remove things.  I just purchased supertape.  I hope I get the hold you ladies get.

Posted By: Nemesiz
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:26pm
strips are the greatest. I have a roll of proflex that is such a headache to use.  I just found a method another lf diva uses which are tweezers to apply with the roll tape.  Will be trying this for my next nape application venture.

Posted By: girlnextdoor
Date Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Mistress Shaka Mistress Shaka wrote:

I love supertape strips; however I can only use them in the front as they do not hold for my nape area.  They hold real good for the front in combination with safe grip for a more natural hairline look.

supertape don't shine in the front for you?

Print Page | Close Window